Top Posters In This Topic

• mirosc

• pepsiplease69

• Lively

• cattar

Concur!

Yours,
Randal

From a person's actions, we may infer attitudes, beliefs, --- and values. We do not know these characteristics outright. The human dichotomies of trust and distrust, honor and duplicity, love and hate --- all depend on internal states we cannot directly experience. Isn't this what adds zest to our life?

Ohfercryinoutloud!

Until you ink a pen, it is merely a pretty stick. --UK Mike

My arsenal, in order of acquisition: Sailor 21 Pocket Pen M, Cross Solo M, Online Calligraphy, Monteverde Invincia F, Hero 359 M, Jinhao X450 M, Levenger True Writer M, Jinhao 159 M, Platinum Balance F, TWSBI Classic 1.1 stub, Platinum Preppy 0.3 F, 7 Pilot Varsity M disposables refillables, Speedball penholder, TWSBI 580 USA EF, Pilot MR, Noodler's Ahab 1.1 stub, another Preppy 0.3, Preppy EF 0.2, ASA Sniper F, Click Majestic F, Kaweco Sport M, Pilot Prera F, Baoer 79 M (fake Starwalker), Hero 616 M (fake Parker), Jinhao X750 Shimmering Sands M . . .

31 and counting :D

DaveBj

It's kind of cool that it can be done, but awful that anyone could think robot-written is as good as handwritten.

Jenny

"To read without also writing is to sleep." - St. Jerome

teach it how to handle real flex and we talk again ;-)

We have these things around for signatures for quite some time, on a technical note it's very interesting to see that they have developed further.

Edited by mirosc

Greetings,

Michael

Just because one can do a thing does not mean that one should do a thing.

These folks are missing the point. As a professional calligrapher friend of mine once observed: "If you had ever written with a well-cut quill on a fine piece of vellum, you would understand how medieval monks could have remained celibate."

We write by hand because we enjoy it - something that is totally wasted on a machine.

"Don't be humble, you're not that great." Golda Meir

In the article, Caberwal said, "…people gravitate toward things that make them feel."

We write by hand because we enjoy it - something that is totally wasted on a machine.

I agree with Yaakova, I write by hand because I enjoy it.

I also like interesting fonts on printed materials, but it doesn't make me feel closer to whoever sent it. This reminds me of companies finishing letters with a printed "handwritten" signature in a different color. Sounds like there's a market for it.

In my opinion this machine isn't built for joy or tactile sensation, but because people think it's something special to get a handwritten letter instead of a printed one. And if you want to send your clients something exclusive this machine can imitate such a thing more or less. It's only the impression you can make that counts - and even if they recognize that it's in fact machine-hand-written, your clients are still in awe and get goosebumps that you have such a miraculous contraption ;)

Greetings,

Michael

Hmm, if there's demand for this sort of service then that gives me a good idea for a small business. Handwriting notes and letters for other people. I think this has been done before though, by people called scribes, and calligraphers (and secretaries!).

I'm sure the novelty of robotics is part of the appeal with this.

ETA - I'd feel really cheated if I received a handwritten note that wasn't written by the sender, unless they legitimately could not write.

Edited by Lively

Sacrilegious. Hand-writing-wise of course. :angry:

Ea Alis Volat Propiis, per/Repletus Fontis Calamus!
She Flies by Her Own Wings, with filled Fountain Pen

Delta DolceVita, F-C Intrinsic 02, Pelikan M800 red/black striation, Bexley ATB Strawberry Swirl, Red Jinhao 159, Platinum 3776 Bourgogne. :wub:

Hmm, if there's demand for this sort of service then that gives me a good idea for a small business. Handwriting notes and letters for other people. I think this has been done before though, by people called scribes, and calligraphers (and secretaries!).

Write in cursive. It's not being taught in some areas. People will have to hire a reader too.

Ophstropulous !

Edited by Sasha Royale

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Write in cursive. It's not being taught in some areas. People will have to hire a reader too.

I'm so happy they learn cursive from 8 yrs old at the school my kids go to, and their grade 5 & 6 essays and book reviews all have to be done in cursive. It is currently taught by a lovely octogenerian lady who learnt it back in the 40s with a dip pen, and who has beautiful writing herself. My parents also learnt cursive, or copperplate as it was called then, with dip pen in the 50s and 60s.

• 2 weeks later...
Hayseed Brown:

Coincidentally I watched the documentary on TV last night (recorded). I thought the same as you. I was impressed and also that the wheel at the back could be changed to change the letters. great engineering and vision.

Andy

+1

Doug

• 1 month later...

It's faintly horrible - a perfect simulated expression of caring, created by a robot with a pen.

It's silly on more levels than I can count.