How About A Group Buy For Inks In India

mehandiratta

Can someone (rajavikrama?), who has access to this gentleman sitting in Bangalore, pls find out, if the blue-black, if they make it, will conform to IS:220 standard and will have the ISI mark? My specific question is: is the ink going to be the 0.1% Iron content based traditional Blue-black ink that I am hoping for...

Thanks!

Hari

Hari,

I can check with them on this on Monday. Please let me know if there is any other specific question you want me to ask them.

Their batch size for colors other than blue is about 200 litres. With 200 bottles of 60ml(just about 12 litres), it is going to be hard to convince them on the blue black. However, let me try once again.

For the other inks, the price will be about Rs. 12 (I am hoping I remember it right:)) and they don't go below this. Shipping is what will escalate the prices even locally in India.

Thanks

-Vikram

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hari317

• mehandiratta

• Morbus Curiositas

• rishminder

Hello Vikram,

Thank you for checking with Bril. If possible I would specifically ask for Bril Blue Black in 200 or 300 ml bottles. I know I would be up for a couple of those. I am sure there are probably a number of members here who would want that quantity and of course the 60 ml bottles. Hopefully the interest and the quantity would be sufficient for Bril to manufacture this particular color. Fingers crossed.

Regards

Jayant

http://www.ishafoundation.org/images/stories/inner/ie-logo.gif

Inner Engineering Link

Does anybody have a writing sample with Bril Blue-black? I am going on what Hari and others have has written and commented about this ink (I trust Hari completely on this as he has made some wonderful suggestions to me and has never steered me wrong 😃).

In fact if some member(s) have all the Bril inks and can post a sample of each may make people's decisions easier and may get more of a buy in.

Edited by pelman

Inner Engineering Link

In fact if some member(s) have all the Bril inks and can post a sample of each may make people's decisions easier and may get more of a buy in.

HI Pelman,

Don't have all the shades of Bril. Just these 3. I have put in Pelikan 4001 Violet as comparison to the Bril Violet as I had both of them.

Sorry for the large file, but wanted it to zoom so that you may be able to see the colours clearer.

-Prasad

post-111199-0-47931700-1427602136_thumb.jpg

Does anybody have a writing sample with Bril Blue-black? I am going on what Hari and others have has written and commented about this ink (I trust Hari completely on this as he has made some wonderful suggestions to me and has never steered me wrong ).

I am equally curious about the Bril B-B. This is the only Bril color that I have not been able to try due to unavailability.

Edited by hari317

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

HI Pelman,

Don't have all the shades of Bril. Just these 3. I have put in Pelikan 4001 Violet as comparison to the Bril Violet as I had both of them.

Sorry for the large file, but wanted it to zoom so that you may be able to see the colours clearer.

-Prasad

nice sample, thanks!

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Hari,

I can check with them on this on Monday. Please let me know if there is any other specific question you want me to ask them.

Their batch size for colors other than blue is about 200 litres. With 200 bottles of 60ml(just about 12 litres), it is going to be hard to convince them on the blue black. However, let me try once again.

For the other inks, the price will be about Rs. 12 (I am hoping I remember it right:)) and they don't go below this. Shipping is what will escalate the prices even locally in India.

Thanks

-Vikram

TBH, 200 litres is a very large quantity for a group buy to consume.

OK, can you pls ask them if their Blue-black composition was ever iron based?

Did they ever make a Brown shade like Krishnaveni of south used to make?

I have filled out the form as "cjpandya". I love the brill royal blue and turquoise. I am in for 5 bottles of blue, Blue black and turquoise each. Haven't tried the Blue black. But i am very curious.

HI Pelman,

-Prasad

Thank you Prasad. This is very helpful.

Inner Engineering Link

Joined the forum just to reply to this post. Have filled in the form, please ignore earlier entry as akg

I am equally curious about the Bril B-B. This is the only Bril color that I have not been able to try due to unavailability.

Thanks Hari. I didn't mean to misrepresent you in my earlier comment - mea culpa.

Inner Engineering Link

I have filled out the form as "cjpandya". I love the brill royal blue and turquoise. I am in for 5 bottles of blue, Blue black and turquoise each. Haven't tried the Blue black. But i am very curious.

Very interesting post on new Camlin's Royal Blue color. I will try and get one here in Hyderabad and check if the new color is as saturated as Bril's Royal Blue.

Regards,

Rakshit

I have filled the form, so you can have a better idea of the quantities - assuming we can change from 2 bottles of 60ml, of each colour, to 1 large bottle of each colour.

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

Very interesting post on new Camlin's Royal Blue color. I will try and get one here in Hyderabad and check if the new color is as saturated as Bril's Royal Blue.

Regards,

Rakshit

Thank you! Do check it out and let me know your views!

I came to this thread rather late. I would also be interested in a bottle (60 ml) of all colours of Bril. I do have a Royal Blue whcih I am using off and on. Count me in also. But it seems the batch size of 200 l would be difficult to reach.

I wear my Pen as others do their Sword.

John Oldham

TBH, 200 litres is a very large quantity for a group buy to consume.

OK, can you pls ask them if their Blue-black composition was ever iron based?

Did they ever make a Brown shade like Krishnaveni of south used to make?

No success on the blue black ink:(.

The blue-black is indeed iron based and was following the IS standard.

They were making Scarlet Red for some time, which they discontinued due to lack of demand. They were not making any other colours from what I was told.

Will find out more though.

Edited by rajavikrama

They were making Scarlet Red for some time, which they discontinued due to lack of demand. They were not making any other colours from what I was told.

Thanks! when was the last time they made the Blue-Black?

Is Scarlet red the same as the normal Bril red. If it is, then you should be able to find it in chennai. I am pretty sure I saw Bril royal blue, black, green, red and laurel rose in Gem&co pen shop about 2-3 months ago

Edited by vig2432

Vi veri veniversum vivus vici