How About A Group Buy For Inks In India

mehandiratta

Let's assume Bril ink might be price Rs 20, still group buy would give us a good deal..

I would even in be in for two bottles of each colour....

With regards to shipping if we have a large enough order in India it's would be possible that Bril might spilt the packages in two or three parts say one for Delhi Mumbai Chennai etc...

But these specifics can be had post discussion with someone from Bril...

As of now is there anyone in the group buy who is in touch with Bril?

And we also need to get a list of people with ink preferences so that we can come to know where we have reached in terms of the quantities.

I can put up a Google form for the same if you all agree

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hari317

• mehandiratta

• Morbus Curiositas

• rishminder

A form would be great. Once you have a good idea of the number of people and inks, hopefully those of us outside of India can get a good feel for how much shipping is going to spoil our pleasure.

But the initiative is great, so I hope you can find a way to make it work for us, too.

I also think it is a good idea to split the two ink brands to pursue, in any case the Indian brands from the non-Indian. The difference in price will be substantial.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

A form would be great. Once you have a good idea of the number of people and inks, hopefully those of us outside of India can get a good feel for how much shipping is going to spoil our pleasure.

But the initiative is great, so I hope you can find a way to make it work for us, too.

I also think it is a good idea to split the two ink brands to pursue, in any case the Indian brands from the non-Indian. The difference in price will be substantial.

Hi

Csn you tell me how much a rupee is in dollar?

If I understand correctly a price of 15 rp ( bril ink price is about 30dollarcents) at such a price it is impossible to sen Usa Eu or Japan inks....because even a price of say 10 dollars is about 30 times the orice of bril inks

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

Tricked throughout the centuries...

For centuries people had been tricked by kings & "religion-alism"

In the 20th century people got tricked by communism

Today people get tricked by (neo)capitalism :)

Hi

If I understand correctly a price of 15 rp ( bril ink price is about 30dollarcents) at such a price it is impossible to sen Usa Eu or Japan inks....because even a price of say 10 dollars is about 30 times the orice of bril inks

I do not have the exact info (I am not in India, as you may have gathered) but your estimate is in the ballpark, and so yes, European inks are terribly expensive in India. And Indian inks are not very expensive there, and even with shipping I find it worthwhile, costwise. I think for most of us, the cost is not the main issue here - it's the availability. If you have followed posts about India-made inks you will find that even for members living in India these inks are very hard to find. That is why this is an exciting project, and I hope that together we will pull it off.

Hi

1 USD ~ 62 INR

Vi veri veniversum vivus vici

Hi

1 dollar is equal to 62 rupees Edited by mehandiratta

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Count me in for the Bril group (if you will do an international group), please.

We surely want lot of International customers

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Bril is priced at INR 18

Thanks! I have not bought Bril in a while, have 3 large 700ml bottles of the Bril Royal blue to finish first.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

You could take care of the group buy from that all by yourself! Wow!

You could take care of the group buy from that all by yourself! Wow!

Bril also comes in a 200 or a 300ml bottle, I forget. The bottle is plastic, so more robust and not to say much cheaper per ml than the 18rs that you would pay for a 60ml glass bottle.

Bril blue is a superb ink, so in this group buy, to keep international shipping easy perhaps, maybe the 200-300ml bottle can be offered? weight wise it will be say 300gms, so around 7-8USD shipping.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Bril also comes in a 200 or a 300ml bottle, I forget. The bottle is plastic, so more robust and not to say much cheaper per ml than the 18rs that you would pay for a 60ml glass bottle.

Bril blue is a superb ink, so in this group buy, to keep international shipping easy perhaps, maybe the 200-300ml bottle can be offered? weight wise it will be say 300gms, so around 7-8USD shipping.

I agree with Hari,

The plastic bottle of 350ml will cost a maximum of Rs 40. It will be easier for Brill to ship it as well because of plastic bottles.

"It's simple to be happy but difficult to be simple"

i have created a Google form for us to get a hang of how many bottles are we looking at.. as of now the value is for 60ml bottles

please use the link to record your answers

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1naYN9FIc3bCwNBa0Z12oBoWYrh9zrm_Dgk3q9KNihTs/viewform

i will publish the answers once a day at around midnight IST

this is a very good idea, but can it wait till we have a more firm idea of the form(bottle vs plastic vs cost) in which we will be buying the bril inks.

And what if we want both, the 200 /300 ml plastic bottles and the glass ones (for the collection)?

In your for, which is a great idea, there should be both. This way you would have an idea of how many plastic, big contenance ones, and how many glass ones there would be in total.

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

I have filled out the form, to help you get this feel for quantity, but if the plastic bottles with the larger quantities are offered, and shipping stays reasonable, I think I would switch a few of my choices to that size. So the picture would likely change.

50 bottles for 50 ppl... Not for you only

wrote my requirement here. Did not see the form. Have filled that out now.

Thanks rshminder.

Edited by prasadvenkat

I am most defintely interseted in buying all possible shades of Bril, particularly the uncommon colours. I am willing to buy at least two bottles (possibly more) of each colour.

I have used 4 of the colours offered by Bril, namely Royal Blue, Violet, Turquoise Blue, and Green. Except for the Green, I like the rest very much. I also have unopened bottles of Laurel Rose, Black, and Red. I live in Kolkata, India and it's impossible to get these here locally. I collected all seven colours from Madras Paper Mart @ Pondicherry in a recent visit. Bril Blue-Black was not available. I noticed that the Black, Royal Blue, and (possibly) Red inks are available in 350 ml capacity plastic bottles as well as 60 ml glass bottles, the rest colours were on offer in 60 ml glass bottles only. I did spend my entire journey back home fidgeting about those glass bottles but they arrived safely, packed carefully in my baggage.

The glass bottles cost 15-18 INR, 350 ml Royal Blue in plastic bottle costs 40 INR. its actually mind-boggling to note how inexpensive these quality inks are!

I do have a query though. The high capacity plastic bottles of Bril, do they come in all shades? Or just Blue, Black and Red?

EDIT: I filled out the form and I noticed that Bril Violet is missing there. It is gorgeous ink, full of shading possibilities and in my Parker 45 XF nib performs flawlessly. Is it possible to add the option for Violet in the form? Thanks.

Edited by kb.fpn

I'm in for Bril Blue-black and Black- 2 each (350 ml plastic bottles).

"It's simple to be happy but difficult to be simple"