Kingsize Bulk Filler - Carbon Composite Diamond Inlay Pattern

fountainbel

These guys seem to sell Suki Urushi (Japanese clear lacquer) in tubes. May be worth a try...

Thank you mongrelnomad, I've just E-mailed them.

Francis

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountainbel

• piscov

• mongrelnomad

• rpsyed

Excellent Francis.

May I ask which nib you used to write the accompanying descriptors?

Hi Jeffrey,

The nib is one i've installed on another Kingsize prototype, a home ground 1.2 mm titanium stub.

Francis

Hi Francis,

Thanks to you for your reply,

I have just been having a search through your web pages and am very, very impressed by what I see.

The pens you are making are really impressive. Your design and engineering background are certainly coming to the fore here with your exacting standards. I see you are late Pfizer. I too have the distinction of being ex Pfizer R&D in Sandwich. Small world ehh?

I am always looking to add to my pens collection. What really interests me being able to pair a fantastic pen with a nib that works for me. I am a little disillusioned by the withdrawal of some nibs types by manufacturers. I would love to be able to visit a pen boutique, choose a pen and have the nib tailored to suit my handwriting. I guess I am not alone :mellow:

Best regards

Jeff

My Instagram page.

So, ah...what happens to all these lovely prototypes you show us from time to time?

I have asked him this before. They are his children, never to be relinquished... Alas.. as he has some beauties there...

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

I have asked him this before. They are his children, never to be relinquished... Alas.. as he has some beauties there...

D.ick

Surely the making of a fascinating picture-laden article by Francis! Please?

Pavoni.

pavoni, on 23 Mar 2015 - 18:30, said:snapback.png

Surely the making of a fascinating picture-laden article by Francis! Please?

+3

OK dear fountain pen friends, Ill prepare a few pictures of my prototype collection, but give me some time please !

Francis

Again a very nice prototype and choice of material, would like to see the group photo as well.

Have you considered making a prototype of titanium cap?

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing

Again a very nice prototype and choice of material, would like to see the group photo as well.

Have you considered making a prototype of titanium cap?

Hi Leod,

Thanks for your reaction;

A solid titanium cap would make the pen very heavy…….

A titanium overlay sleeve could be a compromise, but rather expensive to make.

Francis

Hi Leod,

Thanks for your reaction;

A solid titanium cap would make the pen very heavy…….

A titanium overlay sleeve could be a compromise, but rather expensive to make.

Francis

A demonstrator CAISO with a titanium overlay in the style of Visconti's Ripple or Skeleton pens would be an awesome LE, I think. Would the expense of creating the titanium overlay make the pen too expensive?

Hi Francis,

Very nice pen i like the model and the material used. Bulk filler is this the same as eye dropper?

Regards,

Martin

Let the ink flow freely

Hi Francis,

Very nice pen i like the model and the material used. Bulk filler is this the same as eye dropper?

Regards,

Martin

Hi Martin,

Surely not an eyedropper, the Bullkfiller ( patent pending) is a novel positive displacement filling system.

All details can be seen here : http://s62.photobucket.com/user/fountainbel/media/Repaired%20Vintage%20fountain%20pens/P1000871.jpg.html

Francis

• 6 months later...

This is not good. I thought after my Slimline I was done, but I am taken with each new version.

Beautiful..

the Danitrio Fellowship

Just beautiful.

Anyone like Ray Bradbury? Please read "The Laurel and Hardy Love Affair" if you have about 12 minutes.

You will not forget this wonderful gem that is largely obscure and sadly, forgotten. http://bit.ly/1DZtL4g

Hi Francis, congrats on this beauty, it really stands out. I especially like your choice for the ink window.

My wallet would have said yes, only with a clip and trims titanium finish.

This pen deserves better pictures though, as it doesn't really reflect the outstanding qualities of Conid products.

For those who still have doubts, just have a Conid in your hands and you'll understand...

"...над кем смеетесь? над собой смеетесь!..." Гоголь, Ревизор

www.123stylo.com