Hobonichi Techo Available With April Start Version

stevesurf

I'm not sure if you gentle-people in paper land knew this, but there is a version available with an April start and either Monday or Sunday as start of the week, too. Yes, they're expensive, but the TR paper and design is wonderful. Here's my sample order and links:

00020515 Rivet Bookmark Connesso - B (Black x Brown x Aqua) (for A6 Hobo x 1 / 756 yen / 756 yen
00021958 Original Hobonichi Techo Book (April start w/Mon) Japanese x 1 / 2160 yen / 2160 yen

http://www.1101.com/store/techo/2015/planner/

Definitely check out Lindsay's great site:

http://lindsaynelson.com/techo/

http://lindsaynelson.com/techo/text.png

http://40.media.tumblr.com/9ed9cf83ca1e1f7f2f54254fd7afc1d5/tumblr_nkfghcBfiN1r526owo2_1280.jpg

http://41.media.tumblr.com/332c455ca30ee3680425a90756c74ac7/tumblr_nkfghcBfiN1r526owo1_1280.jpg

Edited by stevesurf

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stevesurf

• Cryptos

• PaperDarts

• SockAddict

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my first Hobonichi this year. I got the January start (even though I bought it at the end of February) and in English. My weeks start on Monday. Wonderful paper, and I am sure I will use up the missed first 2 months for something! Not terribly artistic in how I use it: mostly bullet journal style, but I occasionally fill a page up with a tanglepattern or somesuch. I got the Techo version plus a blue outside green inside cover (may get a different cover next year, although this one is very nice).

I got my first Hobonichi this year. I got the January start (even though I bought it at the end of February) and in English. My weeks start on Monday. Wonderful paper, and I am sure I will use up the missed first 2 months for something! Not terribly artistic in how I use it: mostly bullet journal style, but I occasionally fill a page up with a tanglepattern or somesuch. I got the Techo version plus a blue outside green inside cover (may get a different cover next year, although this one is very nice).

I actually saw that cover and was going to get it; I'll probably go the route of another One Star Leather Journal cover. Good luck with it!

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Paris | Venezia

Wow, that is one expensive alternative. More than double the cost of the leather covers available directly from the Hobonichi site. Admittedly the Hobo leather covers are not custom jobs, but still...

The One Star cover looks great but exceeds any limit I may have for such things, alas.

Wow, that is one expensive alternative. More than double the cost of the leather covers available directly from the Hobonichi site. Admittedly the Hobo leather covers are not custom jobs, but still...

The One Star cover looks great but exceeds any limit I may have for such things, alas.

Yup, they are expensive, but really the best I've seen with that Horween leather; they were at the LA Pen show and I managed to scoop up some great discounts and see the work first hand.

This will actually be my second Hobo, having gotten the cousin version earlier - I'm enjoying rotating through the Hobo and my Midori (mainly for my Kanji study), and I'll use the smaller Hobo for personal journaling. I never knew how really great TR paper is, and wonderful for fountain pens or even a little watercolor coloring too.

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Paris | Venezia

I'm using the Hobonichi Techo as a daily planner for the first time this year (January start, week starts on Mondays) and am completely smitten. I already have a reminder in it to order the 2016 version early - the store where I bought it ran out of the supply quickly last fall.

"Life would split asunder without letters." Virginia Woolf

I'm also using the English-version Techo for the first time this year, and I love it. I ordered it last October and used a mocked-up version in their little notebooks until the year started, so I'm about 4 1/2 months into it. I'm not artistic -- there's very little drawing in it, but I use multiple colors of ink and a growing collection of washi tape and stickers. I put my to-do list and appointments in, and then make notes about whatever I want as the day goes on.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm using the Hobonichi Techo as a daily planner for the first time this year (January start, week starts on Mondays) and am completely smitten. I already have a reminder in it to order the 2016 version early - the store where I bought it ran out of the supply quickly last fall.

Good luck with it; keep in mind they ship quickly from their webshop and have lots of great accessories including the page markers and rivet bands:

http://www.1101.com/store/techo/2015/planner/detail_images/s_connesso/slide_1.jpg

http://www.1101.com/store/techo/2015/planner/detail_images/s_laccio/slide_1.jpg

I'm also using the English-version Techo for the first time this year, and I love it. I ordered it last October and used a mocked-up version in their little notebooks until the year started, so I'm about 4 1/2 months into it. I'm not artistic -- there's very little drawing in it, but I use multiple colors of ink and a growing collection of washi tape and stickers. I put my to-do list and appointments in, and then make notes about whatever I want as the day goes on.

Good luck with it; with the many ink colors sometimes comes longer dry times, so I've been using the Herbin blotting paper; also doubles as a bookmark. Here's a shot of my Techo Cousin and Kanji practice :)

Conid%2B1.jpg

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Paris | Venezia