Montblanc Pink Ink

Pravda

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen,

This is my first informal ink review. I have always wanted to review some of my inks, but all my colours were always so popular that several were already posted and I never felt I had much more to add. You guys always do such wonderful jobs!
Recently I have been curious about the Montblanc Pink. Been waiting to see a review come up to compare it with J. Herbin’s Rouille D’Ancre but nothing; So curiosity got the best of me and here we are :)
Packaging: For starters, I found the unusual bright pink box to be appealing. Though not the manliest thing to be carrying around in the mall or placing it on my desk :/ the wife raised some questions.
Bottle: This is my first special edition 30ML bottle by Montblanc. I did not expect it to be so small. I am taking a picture of it alongside my other small(er) bottles of ink. Very well crafted quality glass and I can see the vial being quite useful in the future, when I concoct my ink mixes ha!
Ink Flow: Neither too wet nor dry. I would say spot on.
Really enjoyed how the ink filled the little star on the nib, giving it an interesting visual effect :)
Feathering: None
Nib Creep: None
Ink Color: Pink! As in really PINK with an exclamation mark.
Opinion: Okay. I know what you're thinking! I totally was off on this one. It is nothing like Herbin's Rouille D'Ancre.
I wanted something subdued, a faint/calm pink ink whilst this is more towards the hot pink end. For the life of me I cannot imagine how I personally can put this bottle to good use. Glad its only 30ML although it is a bit more on the expensive side.
Well, it is a well behaved ink. Did not seep through the page any more than the other MB colours. I didn't try a water test (not interested to be honest, please forgive me).
Thank you for viewing. Hope you have a pleasant day
Edited by Pravda

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tessy Moon

• Pravda

• jasonchickerson

• VivienR

I wanted something subdued, a faint/calm pink ink whilst this is more towards the hot pink end. For the life of me I cannot imagine how I personally can put this bottle to good use.

Just a suggestion: write love letters to your wife signed "your secret admirer". :)

I spent a couple of hours with it before flushing it :/ the wife agrees it's a bit tacky. Already thinking what mixes/recipes can come out of it in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the review! I love pink so this ink is on my wish list! Does it have any orange leanings or purple or red, or is it just straight up pink? Like Barbie pink?

Tessy Moon

My thoughts are filled with beautiful words for the King, and I will use my voice as a writer would use pen and ink. Psalm 45:1

Just a suggestion: write love letters to your wife signed "your secret admirer". :)

My wife has far better taste than this ink. :P The Rouille d'Ancre might do nicely, though.

This appears to me from the reviews posted to be a similar hue to Iroshizuku Kosumosu. However, where Montblank Pink is crass, Kosumosu is lovely.

Thank you for the review! I love pink so this ink is on my wish list! Does it have any orange leanings or purple or red, or is it just straight up pink? Like Barbie pink?

I am afraid it's straight up Barbie Pink

I am afraid it's straight up Barbie Pink

That makes me smile. I am in the minority, I know. But I remember the days of my sister & I playing with Barbies all the time as children....so Barbie pink has good associations for me lol. :)

Tessy Moon

My thoughts are filled with beautiful words for the King, and I will use my voice as a writer would use pen and ink. Psalm 45:1

That makes me smile. I am in the minority, I know. But I remember the days of my sister & I playing with Barbies all the time as children....so Barbie pink has good associations for me lol. :)

Like you, I'm in the minority of people who seem to like this ink.

I saw Cyber6's review of it and ordered a bottle based on her beautiful results. To be frank I am the last person any of my friends would think would use a pink ink. But I think it's lovely.

Edited by fireant

I don't mind to be in minority, the other side are always crowded :D No matter others thought about it, will order this is ink, quite like it. Oh, yes Barbies.... :rolleyes:

I am glad to hear I am not the only one who likes this ink. :)

Thank you fireant for the link! I hadn't seen her review!

Tessy Moon

You are certainly NOT alone! I purchased this ink from Courrone du Comte & am very happy with my first PINK ink & enjoy using it in a Stipula Passaporto (demonstrator) stub nibbed pen for quick notes amidst other inks. I suppose I am finding a use for it almost as a "high lighter" so that it is "obvious" amidst the sea of murky colored inks I usually use. I don't want MORE pinks & am anxiously awaiting a shipment from Cool Japan of some VERY "murky" inks in fact! BUT people "squeeled" about it & I wanted to see for myself & am happy I did.

You are certainly NOT alone! I purchased this ink from Courrone du Comte & am very happy with my first PINK ink & enjoy using it in a Stipula Passaporto (demonstrator) stub nibbed pen for quick notes amidst other inks. I suppose I am finding a use for it almost as a "high lighter" so that it is "obvious" amidst the sea of murky colored inks I usually use. I don't want MORE pinks & am anxiously awaiting a shipment from Cool Japan of some VERY "murky" inks in fact! BUT people "squeeled" about it & I wanted to see for myself & am happy I did.

Well, it is praise indeed to hear you like this ink as I know pink is not your usual cup of tea! :)

I am still on the hunt for a bottle! There are no MB boutiques near me so it has to be online but I haven't had much luck yet, and would rather not pay for shipping from Europe....I am hoping if I am patient MB website will carry it soon....hopefully!

Now I need someone who has this ink to write me a letter so I can see it in person! LOL

Tessy Moon

For those of you still searching for it, Pen Boutique (Columbia MD) received a shipment yesterday (my bottle was on back order).

For those of you still searching for it, Pen Boutique (Columbia MD) received a shipment yesterday (my bottle was on back order).

Thank you so much Fireant!!! I am really looking forward to receiving my new Pink ink!!!!! B)

Tessy Moon

• 2 months later...

It's definitely not Kosumosu: more like Bay State Pink. I confess to buying it strictly for the bottle, the ink has been divvied up in vials to be given to friends.

"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809

It's definitely not Kosumosu: more like Bay State Pink. I confess to buying it strictly for the bottle, the ink has been divvied up in vials to be given to friends.

I am glad to hear that you shared the ink! I cringe whenever people dump ink in the sink. There is almost always someone who would like to try that ink. (The exception of course is if the ink is unusable because of mold, etc.)

Thank you for sharing the ink, even though it wasn't your favorite, you never know if it may tickle someone else's fancy! ;)

Tessy Moon

I am glad to hear that you shared the ink! I cringe whenever people dump ink in the sink. There is almost always someone who would like to try that ink. (The exception of course is if the ink is unusable because of mold, etc.)

Thank you for sharing the ink, even though it wasn't your favorite, you never know if it may tickle someone else's fancy! ;)

Oh, I would never dump good ink down the drain, that's s sin like wasting bread. As you say, *someone* will like it.

And, one of my small pleasures (and great joys) in life is sharing ink.

"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809