What Do Fountain Pen Owners Do For A Living?

PDW

Science fiction writer, majored in math, use fountain pens to sketch sometimes as well. I also know a fountain pen user who's an engineer and another who runs a costume business.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• marcelo

• fountainpenlady

• OcalaFlGuy

• flyshot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unemployed Factotum ... or Housewife and Stay At Home Mom. Before this, I was in IT. However I should point out that none of my colleagues in IT used fountain pens.

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. -- Albert Einstein

Ninth grade algebra teacher. Not sure who is more amused by all of the colors, me or my students.

Linguist by training; on the market for an academic job. Currently a lecturer at a local university. If I don't find something more permanent I'll be looking for data science/computational linguistics type jobs.

I run a crew of guys who work outside in the utility construction industry....and frequently brave the elements myself. Too frequently if fact. Wearing rubber snow boots as I write this.

I've kept a personal journal since 1984. Around 2000 I purchaed a cheap FP and discoverd the artsy side of writing.

I may be called a bit artsy..finger pick the guitar, whittle wood (occasionally ending with something other than shavings), voracious reader, handler of hunting hounds.

But primarily I'm a southern Indiana redneck who truly enjoys the act of writing, hardly ever reading what I write.

..and on a mission in my small bailiwick to keep the cursive thing going....

Let us endeavor so to live so that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry- Mark Twain

Forklift operator: [ Don't judge ]

If you are hungry be nice otherwise I will not ship out pizzas, hungryman dinners, and other Nestle & Birdseye frozen foods.....

Where I work we ship out trailers & trailers of pizzas & frozen veggies 24/7 to other warehouses then end up at your local store. Example: Ship pizzas to Seattle, L.A., Dallas, Florida, New Jersey, Maine & all points in the U.S.A. I have in the past pull orders for Alaska & Hawaii. So the next time you buy a Tombstone, California Pizza Kitchen & Digiono it may have pass thru my forklift.

I'm an accountant, but still sitting exams to get my chartered status, which places me firmly outside the chaps with disposable income mentioned earlier..

What do I do? Take naps and watch Judge Judy.

And the end of all our exploring

Will be to arrive where we started

And know the place for the first time. TS Eliot

Cell Biologist - College Professor - author of the next great American novel (there is a lot of booze, women and an epic shootout in Marrakesh - it's semi-autobiographical)

Started using fountain pens when I was a U.S. Navy officer/helicopter pilot, doing (among other things), flight instructor, chasing submarines, ferrying cargo and passengers between ships, coordinating disaster relief, counting northern right whales, inspecting safety protocols/procedures at various navy bases, and coordinating joint combat search and rescue tactical development.

After I retired from that, I became a high school biology teacher.

Both have required a lot of writing.

Dave Campbell
Retired Science Teacher and Active Pen Addict
Every day is a chance to reduce my level of ignorance.

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Marriage, Family Therapist and part-time painter in acrylics (for fifty years). Started using Shaeffer cartridge pens in 1960 when student in parochial school. Started a habit and love of a lifetime :-)

My life is full of mistakes. They're like pebbles that make a good road.

Beatrice Wood

I teach composition and literature courses at a university. I also direct the writing center (a tutoring facility) there.

I would guess that they work to earn a living or, if they have an inheritance, work for the fun of it - or not.

James

Forklift operator: [ Don't judge ]

If you are hungry be nice otherwise I will not ship out pizzas, hungryman dinners, and other Nestle & Birdseye frozen foods.....

Where I work we ship out trailers & trailers of pizzas & frozen veggies 24/7 to other warehouses then end up at your local store. Example: Ship pizzas to Seattle, L.A., Dallas, Florida, New Jersey, Maine & all points in the U.S.A. I have in the past pull orders for Alaska & Hawaii. So the next time you buy a Tombstone, California Pizza Kitchen & Digiono it may have pass thru my forklift.

Awesome!

I love machines and factories.

Profession: Crank extraordinaire. ;)

(I used to be a riter.)

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Retired-ish (apparently a napping place for cats), previously a technical writer for 30+ years. Also aviation ground instructor and photographer. Historical (~1750-1840) reenactor. Just got a Bobcat 843 yesterday for my birthday; get to learn how to run it while we clear land and build our home.

I just think fountain pens are neat, and writing with them is easier/better than with other writing implements. And inks of many colors.

I began using FP's in grade school (second grade) around 1954.

Currently I am Chief Financial Officer of a manufacturing company. Over the years (too many of them. . . ) I've been an accountant, controller, director of finance, financial analyst, computer system designer, lecturer (on the topic of advanced cost management for manufacturers), software and system implementation "engineer," management consultant (both as a sole practitioner and as an employee of a large multi-national accounting/consulting firm) and a few other odd and sundry jobs. Oh, I guess I shouldn't forget that while in the military, I was a radio operator (morse, voice and teletype), radio repairman (depot level) and platoon sergeant.

Through it all, I've held onto my pens, and added probably another 100 or so since grade school. I do, however, still have the 2 original Esterbrooks (J and LJ) that I started with.

Still trying to decide what I want to be when I grow up.

I started using in college.

So did I! Oh wait, we're talking about FPs aren't we. Never mind. 😄

I work in retail development now.