Fpr Series Of The "minimalistica +" Bulkfiller Available Soon !

fountainbel

Hi fountain pen friends !!

At last, the limited edition of 50 pieces of the FPR "Minimalistica +" in black delrin will become available on March 14 2015.

A non FPR series of "Minimalistica's" - without clip - will probably be launched in a few months.

Please note that - for reasons of standardization, hence reducing manufacturing costs - Werner has decided to offer both Minimalistica versions only in the "flat-top"execution

The pens will be delivered in the new box made in anodized aluminum.

Greek letter "Pi", referring to the launch date = 3, 1415 (14 March 2015) is engraved on the clip. (Engraving as shown on the middle version on the second photo)

Note that - on request - the engraving of your initials on the clip tip will be done exceptionally free of charge.

The price of the pen - stainless steel F or M pen included -is 270 €.

Pen dimensions are close to a Pelikan 800, only difference being posted length is 10mm shorter

You can book / buy the pen on the site ConID from March 10 until March 14, 2015 at midnight.

Please note that - given the massive interest for this "entry level" Bulkfiller, NO reservations will be granted before March 10.

Best regards , Francis

[/urlhttp://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h89/fountainbel/Fountainbel%20Bulk%20filler/Afbeelding%203.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountainbel

• Bemo

• sd10521

• kbrede

Great, Francis! Very nice pen. Can't wait to hold one of those.

I was wondering - and this might be a silly question - what the letters FGO on the clip are standing for? Also, could a Ti nib be fitted on the pen?

"Je suis un homme-plume. Je sens par elle, à cause d'elle, par rapport à elle et beaucoup plus avec elle." (Gustave Flaubert)

Great, Francis! Very nice pen. Can't wait to hold one of those.

I was wondering - and this might be a silly question - what the letters FGO on the clip are standing for? Also, could a Ti nib be fitted on the pen?

FGO are in fact my initials, being the "Masterproof" pen.

Installing a titanium F or M nib is possible at extra costs

Francis

Any idea when the non-limited edition of minimalistica + will be available?

Been saving up.

Hi Bemo,

Not decided yet….. it depends on the success of the FPR series.

Francis

Hi Francis,

What is the up charge for a Ti nib? Can it be a Broad and also be ground to a stub like with regular pens? Or should I just be patient and wait until next week to find out when ordering is enabled on the website? :)

Also, any option to select the larger Phi symbol, that is second in your photo? Yes, I am being a pain already. :D

This is a great looking pen and the option for free initials is quite kind.

Best,

Aaron

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Hi Francis,

What is the up charge for a Ti nib? Can it be a Broad and also be ground to a stub like with regular pens? Or should I just be patient and wait until next week to find out when ordering is enabled on the website? :)

Also, any option to select the larger Phi symbol, that is second in your photo? Yes, I am being a pain already. :D

This is a great looking pen and the option for free initials is quite kind.

Best,

Aaron

Hi Aaron

All nib option details will be shown after the site is updated.

As for the Phi symbol, we decided a few hours ago for the larger PHI, as shown in the middle op the second picture

Francis

This might seem like a silly question. But how does the cap stay on the pen as there doesn't seem to be either a lip that would indicate friction fit or a screw thread.

This might seem like a silly question. But how does the cap stay on the pen as there doesn't seem to be either a lip that would indicate friction fit or a screw thread.

Not a silly question at all, to the contrary !

The cap is internally equipped with a special O ring which creates the holding tension on the barrel;

See :https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/279765-minimalistica-demonstrator-bulk-filler-prototype/

Francis

Not a silly question at all, to the contrary !

The cap is internally equipped with a special O ring which creates the holding tension on the barrel;

See :https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/279765-minimalistica-demonstrator-bulk-filler-prototype/

Francis

That's a really neat idea! By the way looks stunning especially withe seamless design due to cap o ring.

So, there won't be a rounded end (aka cigar) version?

Edited by 2brothers

Todd :happycloud9:

snip...Greek letter "Phi", referring to the launch date = 3, 1415 (14 March 2015) is engraved on the clip. (Engraving as shown on the highest version on the second photo)...snip

Francis,

This is really picky, but that Greek letter is "Pi" not "Phi". Phi is the so-called "golden ratio" or approximately 1.618.

John

Edited by BamaPen

The Moonwalk Pen - honoring Apollo lunar landings
4-x-2-advertisement-copy-reduced-size.jp

So, there won't be a rounded end (aka cigar) version?

I came to ask the same question. There was something about the tapered shape that had piqued my interest the most.

- The poster formerly known as HollyGolightly

snip...Greek letter "Phi", referring to the launch date = 3, 1415 (14 March 2015) is engraved on the clip. (Engraving as shown on the highest version on the second photo)...snip

Francis,

This is really picky, but that Greek letter is "Pi" not "Phi". Phi is the so-called "golden ratio" or approximately 1.618.

John

Hi John,

Thanks, you are right on the English spelling, in English it is spelled as "Pi" ( in French Phi)

This is what Wikipedia states :

The number π is a mathematical constant, the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter, commonly approximated as 3.14159. It has been represented by the Greek letter "π" since the mid-18th century, though it is also sometimes spelled out as "pi".

Regards, Francis

What an absolutely beautiful pen! Will this pen also be offered in a demonstrator version?

Tom

What an absolutely beautiful pen! Will this pen also be offered in a demonstrator version?

Tom

Hi Tim,

Thank you !

Not decided yet if a demonstrator will be made , but if one is launched it will be a semi- demonstrator, so only the barrel will be transparent

Francis

I came to ask the same question. There was something about the tapered shape that had piqued my interest the most.

As mentioned in my initial posting, the streamline version will not be offered for standardization reasons, hence keeping manufacturing cost reasonable.

francis

Hi fountain pen friends !

Now only 2.30 hours left before you can order your Minimalistica ! ( being March 9 midnight CET time)

Take your chance , you will surely not get disappointed !

Francis

Francis, this is an excellent entry-level bulk filler! Congrats on releasing this. Many people have loved the filling system but couldn't afford the price. Bravo to you and Werner on this pen.