Nussbaum Pen Company, Jon Ross, Midnight Orange

coffeetoofull

The best detailed description of the Jon Ross series pens is on FPN with comments. See - Nussbaum Pen Company "jon Ross Black Cherry”. I am posting these pics to reveal the beauty of the Jon Ross series fountain pen in Midnight Orange. The sites which provide pictures of this pen do not come near to revealing its intense color, and fortunately for those who wish to acquire this pen from iSell Pens, it is still available. Better still, it is discounted by $10 to $35. I hope these pictures come somewhat closer to revealing the true color of the pen.
Below is the description from iSell Pens, Nussbaum site:
“The Jon Ross Model or “Jr” Model is named after our oldest son featuring all chrome accents and clip. This come in a beautiful resins color that are rather difficult to show the depth and beauty of the colors. The pen is considered a full sized pen on a little smaller scale. Posted measures a full 6” Long and with no cap around 4 3/4”. It’s a very nice light medium weight posted. Made to last a very long time the cap is threaded or twist off with a little less than 1/2 a turn. The cap has 2 cap rings with one engraved with Logo and name Nussbaum Pen Co. The cap is also adorned with a plain chrome top hat. The pen comes with a Medium point Iridium point nib that lays down a nice wet smooth line. The pen comes with a twist type Schmidt converter and can use International Mont Blanc style cartridges or other brands like Diamine, Pelikan or Private Reserve. This model does not come with packaging or a gift box.” - iSell Pens

This is my second Jon Ross pen. The pen is balanced with or without the cap, performs as expected, and is worth the price.
Best Writings To You, coffeetoofull
Edited by coffeetoofull

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• polydeucesL5@gmail.com

• coffeetoofull

• Helen350

• bbycrts

I also have two Jon Ross pens and love them. I have a black/red stripe and a blue/ivory swirl. They are fantastic pens, though I wish they'd been available with fine points (does anybody know the nib manufacturer and size? I think they're size 5, maybe Schmidt? I tried a JoWo nib cartridge and it did not fit...). Anyway, that's just a point preference - the nib as provided is smooth and writes delightfully.

There are several Jon Ross pen owners who prefer F and EF nibs. I believe that they have been successful in replacing the #5 M nib in the Jon Ross pen with other nibs. See the FPN reviews on Nussbaum pens.
I, also, noticed the following on a topic by Todd Nussbaum.

See - ‘Nussbaum Pen Co. Announcement’ .

"Nibs are friction fit on the Jon Ross version and can be removed as nib and feed are not one unit. Nib is a #5. It’s stamped Iridium Point Germany M . The Phoenix model is a #6 JoWo nib and also friction fit. At this point I am not offering nib options."
I hope this helps. Best Writings To You, coffeetoofull
Edited by coffeetoofull

• 1 year later...

I have two of these pens. Would love to purchase more. Anyone know when the next batch will be available for sale? I have emailed ISELLPENS over a week ago and have not received a reply.

Doc H.

I have two of these pens. Would love to purchase more. Anyone know when the next batch will be available for sale? I have emailed ISELLPENS over a week ago and have not received a reply.

I also own two of their beautiful pens, and wrote to them last year. It was my understanding that other Nussbaum's would be available in the near future. I am still waiting--can't wait to purchase my next Nussbaum. I own the blue/white Jon Ross & the beautiful winter white full size pen.

isellpens.com is, to the best of my knowledge, in the process of shutting down operations. I am surprised that you have not heard from Todd, the proprietor/owner about any remaining Nussbaum pens that might be available.

He is a truly nice person and I am sorry to see the circumstances that necessitate his business changes.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”