Fontoplumo

flyshot

I received my Lamy 1.1 copper orange Al Star & ink from Frank at http://fontoplumo.nl

Everything arrived safely from the Netherlands (Nederland).

I also ordered a Kaweco Sport Skyline in mint color....I love the color.

Frank offers outstanding customer service with competitive prices.

I will definitely order from him again!!!

Thank you sir :)

Nannette

"And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.". Matthew 4:19

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mehandiratta

• bmillicent

• Bill P

• flyshot

Do u know when your order shipped? And what day u received it?

My order shipped on Monday 2/16 and it has not arrived yet

Sent standard shipping no tracking

My wife's Copper Alstar also arrived safely, though not at the speed of light. Considering the very affordable price, it is all smiles at our house!

[color=#444444][size=2][left]In this age of text, twitter, skype and email, receiving a good old-fashioned hand-written letter feels just like a warm hug.[/left][/size][/color][img]http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png[/img]

Got my 2015 AlStar, ink carts, and the 2014 AlStar in my p.o. box today. The weather here in Fort Worth is awful, so it made my day - I won't be able to leave the house until at least Monday. Toys to amuse me - Thanks Frank!

KEEP CALM AND BOOGIE ON!

SILENCE IS GOLDEN, BUT DUCT TAPE IS SILVER.

Is there something here in the water? The order I received from Fontoplumo just a couple of weeks ago was for the Mint and the Grey Skylines I purchased. Bet Frank likes Texas :)

KEEP CALM AND BOOGIE ON!

Timeline for my purchases:

Kawecos shipped on 24 January. The winter storm that hit the east coast delayed the transit substantially (my shipments from Asia weren't impacted). I received my parcel on 18 February.

Lamys shipped on 7 February and arrived today, just barely ahead of the weather here.

Sadly, the Massdrop package leaving NJ will be delayed too :(

KEEP CALM AND BOOGIE ON!

My Lamy Al-Stars took two weeks to arrive from the Netherlands. Great service, price and 1.1mm stubs!

Fantastic.

"And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.". Matthew 4:19

Oops..that previous reply got away from me ☺️

My order was shipped on 2/11..but the winter storm in New York delayed everything.

I bet you will get your order next week.

It's tough waiting on our goodies 😊

Is there something here in the water? The order I received from Fontoplumo just a couple of weeks ago was for the Mint and the Grey Skylines I purchased. Bet Frank likes Texas :)

The water is all frozen today 😄

I really like my Mint Skyline.

The frozen mess on the roof is melting and dripping incessantly, but the Skylines are still cool and I'm warming up to the Al Star LEs :)

[A little weather/pen humor. . . ]

KEEP CALM AND BOOGIE ON!

I also purchased a Mint Skyline from Frank. It was a bit of a wait for it in the mail but it came safe and sound. It was a pleasure to shop on the site. Just... patience is key. But the upside is that when it shows up at your door it's a surprise :D

- The poster formerly known as HollyGolightly

Could anyone post a picture of their copper Al-Star? The pictures I see on the website look just like a normal Safari--I don't see any hint of the Al-Star metallic sheen.

Well I received my Order today...this is a company that I really like...

PS: I have no interest or relationship with Fontoplumo other than being a very very happy customer.

So I ordered the New Copper Orange Lamy Al Star Fountain Pen (and several other Lamy items) on Friday 2/13..it was out of stock when I ordered it. Received a email from Frank on Fri 2/13 saying he thought he could get some and hopefully fill the order shortly.

Receive an email on Sat. 2/14 saying my order was packed and ready to ship, and it would ship on Mon 2/16.

Received an email on Monday 2/16 saying the order had shipped...

Now the wait begins...I chose the default shipping (also the best value), but it has no tracking...so I was blind as to it's progress.

2 weeks after the ship date of Mon 2/16 I receive the package in New Hampshire (today Mon 3/2).

The order was complete as ordered, and no issues.

Despite the backorder status when the order was placed, the complete order was packed the next day...and shipped on the next business day...simply outstanding service.

Additionally Frank was incredibly responsive in terms of communication.

Dale ..FPN moderator (dcroe05), first referenced Fontoplumo as a Fountain Pen vendor...and I thank you Dale for that information.

I will look forward to doing business with Frank and Fontoplumo in the future.

Comixfan:

I am not in a position to provide any images right now, BUT the Copper Orange Lamy Al-Star is definitely aluminum, not plastic like the Safari's...it is a very sharp looking and feeling pen.

Could anyone post a picture of their copper Al-Star? The pictures I see on the website look just like a normal Safari--I don't see any hint of the Al-Star metallic sheen.

Here's a picture of my new pen which arrived today.

fpn_1425345075__lamycopperorangepen.jpg

I got great service - Frank was the soul of patience (more so than me!) It's been cleaned and inked with PI Ku-Jaku. I think it was a little delayed due to the awful weather we're having but Frank had it in the mail the day after I put in my order and I'm very pleased.

Wow... That IS a nice looking pen--thanks for sharing! It's going to the top of my purchase list for sure!

• 3 weeks later...

Can't praise Frank and Fontoplumo highly enough. Great selection, great prices, and Frank is one of the friendliest people to do business with.

All through a two months at this point marathon purchase involving a Kaweco Sport Luxe, a 14kt gold nib, and stubbing services (the long saga of which I plan to do a write up of when it is finally finished) Frank has been the height of helpfulness and courtesy.

Given the highly favourable USD-EUR currency rates at the moment, I recommend checking them out if you are interested in Lamys or their newly expended Kaweco line.

Usual weasel words of non-affliation apply, just a very satisified customer.

Semper Faciens, Semper Discens

My back-order has shipped as of March 23... and I'm really looking forward to it.

I have to endorse the above comments about superb and exceptionally friendly service. I have never bought from Fontoplumo before, but I certainly will consider giving them my meagre and infrequent business again.

Thank you Frank... I've no affiliation or previous contact, but I couldn't have asked for better service had we been old friends from primary school.

Glenn.