• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gloucesterman

• inkstainedruth

• JotterAddict62

• Inkysloth

Wow! That is a lot of ink! That is a lot of money for a lot of ink! :yikes:

Ea Alis Volat Propiis, per/Repletus Fontis Calamus!
She Flies by Her Own Wings, with filled Fountain Pen

Delta DolceVita, F-C Intrinsic 02, Pelikan M800 red/black striation, Bexley ATB Strawberry Swirl, Red Jinhao 159, Platinum 3776 Bourgogne. :wub:

I think this is one of the inks that Ms Inkstained Ruth likes.........

If the carton is "heavy" do ya reckon that means there is STIIL liquid ink inside the bottles? OR "heavy" bottles with nice dried ink flakes inside them?

I admit to having the Nosy Parker syndrome but NOT @ $750. worth !

Considering I've bought quite a few ink bottles since I decided I had a ridiculous amount and should use up a few bottles before I get new ones, it's probably a good thing they don't ship to my country!

It says it is from Parker Pens in Menomonie, WS. I wonder what operation Parker had there. It is in the same state as Janesville, but not exactly close.

Слава Україні!

Slava Ukraini!

STR:11 DEX: 5 CON:5 INT:17 WIS:11 CHA:3

Wielding: BIC stick of poor judgment (-3,-5) {cursed}

Maybe you can get a discount if you offer to pick them up locally. Considering they are offering free shipping I wonder if that is where the bulk of the cost is going...

Current Wishlist:

Visconti, Visconti, and...more Visconti! (And some ST Duponts too). (Ok fine, getting on the Omas and Montblanc trains now too. Toot toot.) (And maybe on the Montegrappa one too, but only for the Miyas.)

I think this is one of the inks that Ms Inkstained Ruth likes.........

If the carton is "heavy" do ya reckon that means there is STIIL liquid ink inside the bottles? OR "heavy" bottles with nice dried ink flakes inside them?

I admit to having the Nosy Parker syndrome but NOT @ $750. worth !

Well truthfully, I haven't tried the Blue Black yet. Or the full bottle of Royal Blue, for that matter.

This, however, is extremely pricy, IMO -- given that if the box that woman in the antiques store I was in hadn't been full of bottles that had *all* evaporated, I'd say it was overpriced to the tune of by about 5 times (she was selling 2 oz bottles for $4 a pop, and even the 4 oz. bottle of the Microfilm Black was only $4). And given that *every* bottle in the "I opened this box myself -- it was sealed when I got it" case that she showed me had evaporated (about which she was ovbiously relatively upset...) -- I'd be a bit cautious about spending that much on something the seller hadn't checked out.

But then, I'm the one who paid $50 for a NOS 8 oz. bottle of Quink Violet, so who am I to judge? :blush:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Well truthfully, I haven't tried the Blue Black yet. Or the full bottle of Royal Blue, for that matter.

This, however, is extremely pricy, IMO -- given that if the box that woman in the antiques store I was in hadn't been full of bottles that had *all* evaporated, I'd say it was overpriced to the tune of by about 5 times (she was selling 2 oz bottles for $4 a pop, and even the 4 oz. bottle of the Microfilm Black was only $4). And given that *every* bottle in the "I opened this box myself -- it was sealed when I got it" case that she showed me had evaporated (about which she was ovbiously relatively upset...) -- I'd be a bit cautious about spending that much on something the seller hadn't checked out.

But then, I'm the one who paid $50 for a NOS 8 oz. bottle of Quink Violet, so who am I to judge? :blush:

Next time you need a refill on the violet send me the box and bottle and I'll fill it up. :D

Hey IS-Ruth, give yourself some credit for learning from experience and still being open. In fact, you would be the Perfect one to judge because of your experience. Of course that's just my opinion and yes, I am biased toward people with experience!!!!

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Hey IS-Ruth, give yourself some credit for learning from experience and still being open. In fact, you would be the Perfect one to judge because of your experience. Of course that's just my opinion and yes, I am biased toward people with experience!!!!

Ha!

My experience is that it seemed to be a good price at the time if you figured it per ounce. Of course, once I actually had the bottle I discovered that it needed to have some sort of nozzle. Since I didn't have that, the bottle sat for something like a year and a half until I got some smaller bottles to decant the ink into, and then got my husband to pull the rubber stopper out for me.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Is this considered new or used?

NOS, "this is an antique sealed case that has never been open", and the photos of the sealed box make me think the bottles are new.

Yet the listing says condition is "used".

Edited by FayeV

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. -- Albert Einstein

Even for a bit of Parker ephemera (that lovely box label!) this seems a little costly.

Instagram @inkysloth

Ha!

My experience is that it seemed to be a good price at the time if you figured it per ounce. Of course, once I actually had the bottle I discovered that it needed to have some sort of nozzle. Since I didn't have that, the bottle sat for something like a year and a half until I got some smaller bottles to decant the ink into, and then got my husband to pull the rubber stopper out for me.

I wasn't implying that experience comes cheaply. Just give yourself credit and know that you would do things differently.

Last week I was at a local pen club meeting and ended up being offered a Namiki Falcon, <SM> which had "Binderized" for $70.00. I tested it, checked to see that there was a CON-50 converter and bought it. Just before I was leaving the same person offered me a Parker 75, very good condition for $50.00, Medium and also "Binderized". Tested that one, liked it (even though I usually much prefer fine or extra fine) and snapped it up. It wasn't until I got home and started to play around with my new pens that I thought to open it and check for a converter. Oops, no converter!

Next time, I'll be a little calmer and check for the converter before I jump. Still a good deal but now I have to get a Parker converter for $10.00 or so.

That's my learning experience for "last Saturday!" LOL

Edited by brgmarketing

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”