Montblanc Document Marker

MontBlanc_cy

I was just wondering if the MontBlanc Document Marker has the ''Pix'' under the nib.

I bought through internet (2nd hand - is the only one i bought from internet) because my AD could not find for me one. When we checked it with my AD he told me that everything look genious (serial number, weight of marker) but he had his doubts because under the nib there was not the ''Pix'' word. Does someone has some more informations about this?

Thanks in advance

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pen Nut

• FredRydr

• empty

• MontBlanc_cy

I was just wondering if the MontBlanc Document Marker has the ''Pix'' under the nib.

No, simply because the document marker has no nib. It has a refillable/replaceable felt tip.

Fred

Think the word is 'clip' not 'nib'.

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

Its just a fancy name for a highlighter. Its not like the Pelikan highlighters that are broad nibbed fountain pens with highlighter ink. The document marker has a typical chisel point felt tip highlighter refill :)

I didn't even think of the clip. Sorry. Anyway, plain clips were made before Montblanc started making them with Pix on them, and surely many found their way onto the markers. If anyone wants a used Meisterstuck marker, PM me and I will give you the name of the vintage pen dealer who has one. He's been trying to get me to buy it for years. ;-)

Fred

Edited by FredRydr

My 149 had 750 on the clip where it normally said pix

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

Its just a fancy name for a highlighter. Its not like the Pelikan highlighters that are broad nibbed fountain pens with highlighter ink. The document marker has a typical chisel point felt tip highlighter refil

I use the Pelikan highlighter ink in the MB document marker refill. The quality of the chisel point refill construction is high and can be filled again, and again, and again.

Its just a fancy name for a highlighter. Its not like the Pelikan highlighters that are broad nibbed fountain pens with highlighter ink. The document marker has a typical chisel point felt tip highlighter refil

I use the Pelikan highlighter ink in the MB document marker refill. The quality of the chisel point refill construction is high and can be filled again, and again, and again.

How do you refill the MB highlighter cartridge?

There are two ways to refill the cartridge (previously described on this forum). The easy way is to refill it the same way you would refill a MB rollerball cartridge. Pull off the yellow plastic cap at the top with a pair of needle nose pliers. Using an eyedropper from the drug store or dollar store drop about 1ml of Highlighter ink into the sponge (there are two manufacturers that I know about, but I use Pelikan). If it is completely dry the sponge will absorb more than if you are topping up. Do this over paper towels or the sink because excess ink will flow out of the breather hole hidden inside the angled black plastic cowel at the end of the cartridge. Allow for the ink to saturate the sponge over 10-15 min before wiping off the excess and popping the yellow plastic top cap back on.

The second way is the way that I do it and is more complicated. I use a piece of Tygon tubing from the hardware store (big box stores have a variety of sizes) attached to a syringe. The tygon tubing seals over the black plastic cowel containing the breather hole. I alternatively suck air out of the cartridge and inject ink into it over a period of a minute or two. This serves to clean the microfiber tip that can get dirty when highlighting pages with print not completely bound to the paper. When no more air bubbles can be sucked out of the cartridge it is saturated. There is never any excess ink in this method so doesn't need to be done over a sink. The remaining ink in the syringe can be returned to the bottle.

post-34909-0-48231800-1422591702.jpg

Dont you just love syringes !! Seen here getting ready to 'super flush' a 149.

If you use this method heres a great tip hang onto the pen when expelling water

fpn_1414336561__149_flush_1.jpg

Dont you just love syringes !! Seen here getting ready to 'super flush' a 149.

If you use this method heres a great tip hang onto the pen when expelling water

I was going to say that looks like a great way to launch a 149 straight into the rubbish bin.

Perhaps it is the modern gentleman's office jousting lance?

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!