Error In The Montblanc Service Guide?

Justcurious

Having recently purchased a Montblanc starwalker I was flicking through the manual when I reached page 98, on that page the international guarantee is spelt inter national rather than international like it was in the rest of the manual, is it just mine and should I be worried? Also I know that we pens have 2 years of name etching on the pen, do any other Montblanc also have these services?

Edited by Justcurious

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chrissy

• Justcurious

• dks202

• Robbied58

That is a fake service guide. Many fakes have the word Inter national spelt incorrectly on them. It's one way of knowing a fake from an authentic one. Sadly, I would assume your pen is not authentic either.

Just Checked mine Page 98 is all the ways of spelling International Guarantee in various langauges, page 99 tells you about the Guarantee there is no spelling mistake, hope you bought it from an Authorised Dealer the back page should have been filled out by them and Stamped by them, if you check the Mont Blanc website you can find the Authorised Dealers in your Area.

There are a lot of fakes out there it pays to buy from a proper Dealer, it works out cheaper in the end, take it to your local Dealer sounds as if you may be very dissapointed Mont Blanc dont make mistakes

A picture of the pen would help. As it's a Starwalker you can check a couple of things though. Firstly does it have a serial number on the clip or the clip band around the top of the barrel?

If the serial number is along the clip, does it begin with the letters NDL or MDL? If it has that type of serial number, then it's definitely a fake.

Edited by Chrissy

The warranty is filled out and I bought it from a Mont Blanc boutique, I checked on their website pdf and on page 99 or whatever the first ENGLISH page was it was also spelt inter national once

http://m.imgur.com/qmmROlC

Edited by Justcurious

If you bought it from the airport then it must be authentic

Haha, Thanks, I know but it was in malaysia so, idk maybe they were trying to trick tourists, I mean there's not many people you can trust out there? I think I was just overly scared that I'd been 'scammed' out of $500 seeing the spelling mistake. :unsure:

Thanks for all your help :thumbup:

I bought my Montblanc fountain pens from an AD and a Montblanc boutique and I remember the booklets did write "inter national" on one of the last few pages, just like in the pdf.

I just checked my booklet from a pen I bought at the Chicago boutique a few months ago and yes it is spelled as 'inter national'. The same page as in OP's scan.