What Year Did Visconti Produce The Ducale Palazzo Pens?

Paul Raposo

Hey all.

Hoping to get a production date for the Visconti Ducale Palazzo di Sassuolo Lux pens. I've included an internet picture for reference. I think it was the late 1990s early 2000s.

Visconti-Pallazzo-Ducale-Black-Fountain-

There are a thousand thoughts lying within a man that he does not know till he takes up a pen to write.

--William Makepeace Thackeray

Visit my blog to see the pens I have for sale

Paul's Pens

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul Raposo

• Ghost Plane

• Freddy

• zaddick

I lean to the 1990s but have nothing beyond my poor memory and the look of that clip to back it.

Thanks much for your thoughts on this Ghost Plane :thumbup:

In the booklet that came with the pen they mention the 400th anniversary of the palace from 1599 to 1999 but no production date for the line.

I'm going to work on some pics and post them hopefully Wednesday.

There are a thousand thoughts lying within a man that he does not know till he takes up a pen to write.

Paul's Pens

Visconti tends to crank out special editions, so 1999 is probably the date. They tended to have them ready for the anniversary date. Nothing firm.

Visconti used to have the catalog of their old pens on-line as far as i recall, but it seems to be missing now. Maybe email them?

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Visconti used to have the catalog of their old pens on-line as far as i recall, but it seems to be missing now. Maybe email them?

Hey zaddic.

I had read about the online museum and you're correct, it seems to be gone right now. Thanks much for the tip about emailing them :thumbup: I sent an email this morning and will post any reply I get.

Paul's Pens

Hey all.

Hoping to get a production date for the i SasVisconti Ducale Palazzo dsuolo Lux pens. I've included an internet picture for reference. I think it was the late 1990s early 2000s.

Your black is a c/c filler and Visconti made 000/599{?}...the orange 000/400

with the power filler and vermeil cap bands...which I just cleaned...both made

in 2000...iirclearly....perhaps you still shoot off email to Dante to confirm...

second from right orange......

fpn_1326230055__recentdemosyouse.jpg

Fred

Edited by Freddy

Your black is a c/c filler and Visconti made 000/599{?}...the orange 000/400 with the power filler and vermeil cap bands...which I just cleaned..Fred

You're correct Fred--mine is 130/599 and Visconti also made 000/1000 of the roller ball in this "Lux" version, with the fountain pen and roller ball sections being interchangeable, according to the booklet.

And thank you for the production date :thumbup:

I'm not sure if I sent an email to the right people. I contacted L.S.F. Trading Ltd. in Ontario, Canada. They're suppose to be the distributors for Visconti here in Canada.

Paul's Pens

Paul, my pleasure.

Contact for Mr. Dante Del Vecchio...visconti@visconti.it

His handle at FPN is vecchino//perhaps PM....

Direct phone number 39 055 45652 47...

Fred

Thank you very much for Dante's contact info Fred. Very much appreciated.

Paul's Pens

Finally got around to taking some pictures of this lovely pen.

It's a large pen, think Parker Duofold button filler from the 1920s. But because of the plastics used it's very light in the hand. The clip is very secure for something with such a flourished design.

The beechwood box is really a work of art.

http://s23.postimg.org/pme52c8ij/visconti_001.jpg

http://s23.postimg.org/fxw3lgobf/visconti_002.jpg

Edited by Paul Raposo

Paul's Pens

The pen has a combined sedate and ornate design. First the engraved black barrel. No further embellishments so as to not take away from the silvered engraving of the Palace.

http://s23.postimg.org/783lycw7v/visconti_003.jpg

http://s23.postimg.org/n2ii88kyj/visconti_004.jpg

http://s23.postimg.org/5leed4k63/visconti_007.jpg

Edited by Paul Raposo

Paul's Pens

Paul's Pens

Paul's Pens

Thanks Ghost Plane :thumbup:

I missed it the first time the seller had it for sale and jumped on it this time around, and at a much better price ;)

Paul's Pens

I very much agree europen :)

I normally don't gravitate towards c.c.pens, but this one was too pretty to pass up a second time.

Paul's Pens

No problem Crazyorange, glad you enjoyed :)

Paul's Pens