Help Identifying This Montegrappa Pen? (And Authenticity)

Diego72

Dear reader,

I have the possibility to buy this pen, but i can't fin any information about this serie.The seller says that he was produce at 100 pieces, and offered on the commemoration of the 100 years of european community. I check the catalogue of Montegrappa, also lots of different webpage. Some pen exist for the 50 years of european community but they are different from what i see in the below pictures. Could you please help to find out if this i a fake product or any information to help if you already see this pen. If you need more information i can also ask the seller, but if it is a fake, then he can tell me what he want to sell it. Thank you by advance, Dieg.

some more information send by the seller: (google translation)

Limited edition of 100 fountain pens 925 sterling silver / blue lacquer
Cap: Carved + set with 12 diamonds
Nib: 18K / 750 Dreamtouch
Filling system: Tank
Technique: Precision Casting lacquer 925 solid silver
Transmission: lacquered wood box.
Category: Ballpoint Pen
Manufacturer: Montegrappa Cavazzuti
Series: Limited Edition 100pcs. European Integration (Year 2000)
Color: Blue
Metal: Sterling Silver
Material: Resin Plant
Size: Normal
Length: Standard
Weight: Heavy
Pump: Integrated

post-120587-0-70023200-1423996083_thumb.jpg

post-120587-0-94458500-1423996084_thumb.jpg

post-120587-0-18229300-1423996086_thumb.jpg

post-120587-0-30946900-1423996087_thumb.jpg

post-120587-0-33414900-1423996088_thumb.jpg

post-120587-0-58906400-1423996089_thumb.jpg

post-120587-0-63611900-1423996090_thumb.jpg

Edited by Diego72

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diego72

• Cordovian

• Bobby Check

• vikrmbedi

the design resembles the 2001 limited edition European community 50th anniversary....

link 1

link 2

the design on the cap is interlocking 50's.... and even the cap band and nib shows letter 50.

but of all the pen I have seen, the overlay is on the pen body....in your case overlay is on the cap... so I assume it is a fake....and would stay away from it.

but just to be sure try to contact montegrappa....

Pens in Asia is selling a similar pen as the 50th anniversary

http://www.pensinasia.com/new/product/montegrappa/montegrappa_limited_edition_european_community_50th_anniversary_fountain_pen_1825.html

try searching "50" instead of "100"

Great looking pen!

Bobby

Why carry one pen when four will do!

Member of the Calgary Pen Club: <A href="http://www.calgarypenclub.com/" target=_blank>http: //www.calgarypenclub.com/

Yes, but as we can see, the the overlay is on the pen body, not on the cap. Very strange. maybe the combination of 2 different pen? ....

Could be an early variant so I wouldn't dismiss it as a fake right off the bat. There are some people on FPN that have extensive knowledge of Montegrappa so be patient and perhaps they will respond. In the mean time, perhaps you could contact Montegrappa via their web page (include a link to the listing) and see if you get a response from them.

I did a quick internet search and found a statement that the 925 version was limited to 500, not 100 so it appears there may be additional misinformation in the listing. The pen should be numbered so ask the seller to provide that information...or better pictures.

Cliff Note : Could be legit but proceed with caution.

I contacted the seller. he says that "having the number of the pen" will not help. he says that al information and certificate is on the picture and on the adv. details. He can't provide more. The fact is that, for the prix he sell, and if it is a real pen, i think is a good opportunity to have in the collection. Price is around 800USD. That's why i need your expertise. And thanx already to you to have comment on this subject.

He took the time to respond but then refused to provide information you requested to make a confident decision to buy from him?

:excl: :excl: :excl: :excl: :excl: :excl: :excl:

Unhelpful seller + sketchy ad + very questionable pen = No thanks, I'll pass

Edited by Cordovian

I send an email to montegrappa and i will let you know, i think it will be very interesting (hope they will answer), thnx again for your intervention

• 2 weeks later...

Waiting with bated breath to discover, is it real or not? The pen as posted by the OP looks genuine enough to me (complete with papers, certificate, etc), but for 800 US $...perhaps one should PBP (pause before pouncing). Do let us know.

No man is a slave unless he is willing to be bought by another. (EP)

• 8 years later...

Dear,

Did you get any answer from Montegrappa?

I just bought the exact same pen to a guy from Belgium. Maybe it was the same one?

The pictures you posted carries the logo of a well known second hand selling site in Belgium (2 eme main).

I am quite enclined to believe it is a special edition issued and given away (to parliement members).

Now I have both pens, your mysterious one and the 500 limited edition. See pic

DSC00107.JPG

DSC00113.JPG

DSC00110.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

It's not fake. It's probably a pen made to be gifted to the people on the board there and not meant to be sold, that's why it doesn't appear on Montegrappa's official website. Same thing happened when Romania joined the EU in 2007.

They made 2 pens: one based on the 2002 euro model, but made in only 26 numbers, which was supposedly to be given to the 26 chiefs of states of the EU countries, you can find a thread on this one here  

But they also made another one in 245 pieces based on the Montegrappa Classica with the romanian flag enameled on the band of the cap, to be given to the 245 politicians in the Romanian Parliament or some something like that.

That's why you will not find them on websites, they were not meant for selling.

I have one of those 245 pens

20230111_113602.jpg