rockydoggy

As a PSA the way to get in touch with the Customer Service folks is to log in and then try to message them. It posts a message that they will respond to. I got a quick response that way, and they are having the Japan Post Office investigate what happened to the package since it is taking longer than the estimated time.

President, Big Apple Pen Club

Follow us on Instagram @big_apple_pen_club

"Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery."

J.J. Lax Pen Co.

www.jjlaxpenco.comOn Instagram: @jjlaxpenco

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OakIris

• parnesh

• 2brothers

• bbycrts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Custom 823 arrived today. It got to Canada in 5 days with EMS. All packaging intact and I also got a paper crane. I'll definitely be purchasing from them in the future.

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v

Is there such a cheap site for Pelikan pens?

Martiniauctions.de

Isellpens.com

Fountainpens.de

I have purchased from all three and have had good experiences with all.

Edited by 2brothers

Todd :happycloud9:

Martiniauctions.de

Isellpens.com

Fountainpens.de

I have purchased from all three and have had good experiences with all.

Noted! Thanks for the links :thumbup:

"I have nixed all Noodler's inks in large part because of their feel, but also their behavior, etc. When I put Iroshizuku or Sailor ink into my pens, it's like the ink, pen, and paper are having a 3-some with smooth 'n sultry 70's jazz playing in the background." ~ Betweenthelines

Got my second order from J-subculture in the other day. Ordered a couple cheap pens and a 3 pack of Iroshizuku mini bottles. Opened the box and it was the wrong set; contacted them and they replied promptly saying that they had sent the correct set and that I could keep the wrong one. Great customer service, will definitely be ordering from them again!

Only problem I have with them, as others have mentioned, is the search function on their site. The only reason I was able to find the 3 mini bottle pack of Iroshizuku was because it came up as a recommended product. Searching "Iroshizuku" will not include them in results. I was thinking that maybe we could get something going like a link library where if something is found then a link could be posted here. I can start:

Iroshizuku 15ml 3 pack- ama-iro/syo-ro/fuyu-gaki http://shop.j-subculture.com/items/detail/F28046FE525D010

tsuki-yo/take-sumi/kon-peki http://shop.j-subculture.com/items/detail/8BAB24EDCACCB96

asa-gao/shin-kai/yama-budo http://shop.j-subculture.com/items/detail/E35BAA5D8FC030D

these are the only three I came across

Got my second order from J-subculture in the other day. Ordered a couple cheap pens and a 3 pack of Iroshizuku mini bottles. Opened the box and it was the wrong set; contacted them and they replied promptly saying that they had sent the correct set and that I could keep the wrong one. Great customer service, will definitely be ordering from them again!

Only problem I have with them, as others have mentioned, is the search function on their site. The only reason I was able to find the 3 mini bottle pack of Iroshizuku was because it came up as a recommended product. Searching "Iroshizuku" will not include them in results. I was thinking that maybe we could get something going like a link library where if something is found then a link could be posted here. I can start:

Iroshizuku 15ml 3 pack- ama-iro/syo-ro/fuyu-gaki http://shop.j-subculture.com/items/detail/F28046FE525D010

tsuki-yo/take-sumi/kon-peki http://shop.j-subculture.com/items/detail/8BAB24EDCACCB96

asa-gao/shin-kai/yama-budo http://shop.j-subculture.com/items/detail/E35BAA5D8FC030D

Yeah their search function is pretty much non functional and I have no idea which category the mini bottles are. It took a good part of an hour to find them (had seen them before) once I was finalising my order. Annoying but well worth it.

Do they combine shipping? I am interested in several pens at the $100.00 point and would be willing to go for the "expedited" shipping postage BUT not if it has to be for each pen. Also was curious about combined shipping for several Iroshizuku inks - 50ml bottles. Also not interested in the $12.00+ shipping if it is per bottle.

Any information is welcome and appreciated.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Do they combine shipping? I am interested in several pens at the $100.00 point and would be willing to go for the "expedited" shipping postage BUT not if it has to be for each pen. Also was curious about combined shipping for several Iroshizuku inks - 50ml bottles. Also not interested in the $12.00+ shipping if it is per bottle.

The shipping is combined as far as I could tell.

I have placed two orders and it was one shipping rate for all items. If your order is over a certain price they make you go up a shipping bracket but it is not per item shipping. You can also get a quote a choose a shipping option before you finalize your order.

I have placed two orders and it was one shipping rate for all items. If your order is over a certain price they make you go up a shipping bracket but it is not per item shipping. You can also get a quote a choose a shipping option before you finalize your order.

Thank you for the information. I guess I will HAVE TO go ahead and buy something now. :happy: :happy: :happy:

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Thank you for the information. I guess I will HAVE TO go ahead and buy something now. :happy: :happy: :happy:

I didn't realize there was an option from the start...

Ordered Pilot 912 C nib in Feb. Took 2-3 weeks to come. I was not in a hurry. Price was the best. Excellent customer service. Pen was well packed. Writes straight out of box. Cannot be happier.

Eyeing on a metal falcon next :)

Yeah their search function is pretty much non functional and I have no idea which category the mini bottles are. It took a good part of an hour to find them (had seen them before) once I was finalising my order. Annoying but well worth it.

Like everyone else using the English language J-Subculture site, I find the search function to be very quirky indeed!

Once you are on the site, shop.j-subculture.com/ , if you follow the path that I gave in a previous post in this thread - click on "Computers," Stationery & Office supplies" and then "Fountain Pen" - you can get to a list of 435 results: http://shop.j-subculture.com/items/category/2A85E535DBDA4EF . After getting to the "fountain pen" section, type "Iroshizuku" in the search box and their search engine will come up with 10 bottles of ink in the "Our Recommend Result" [sic] section followed by 12 results for "Iroshizuku" - the same items in their recommended list plus Ajisai and Tsuyu-kusa, which are ink colors they apparently don't recommend, lol. If you search with "Pilot Iroshizuku" instead, you get the same recommended list of 10 inks plus 1136 other results for things with Pilot in the title, including Iroshisuku and regular Pilot ink and some cartridges included (yep, I went through all 114 pages!) And neither of these searches come up with any of the Mini bottles sets of Iroshizuku ink! So thank you for the link, AncientScribe!

It is somewhat frustrating, but, if you can find the item you want and order it, it is well worth the fight with their search engine! Great prices for legitimate, well-packaged products, shipment is reasonably priced and, if you choose expedited shipping, the order gets to you quickly. Obviously, there are some glitches - I hope that those of you waiting for overdue packages do finally get your orders - but my experience with them was quite positive and I will order from them again.

(I forgot to put this in my earlier post about receiving my pen/ink order, but I also received an Origami paper crane with my order. It seems to personalize the order a bit and I think that is very cool, even better than the tootsie roll pops we get from the Goulet's! :D )

Holly

Edited by OakIris

Like everyone else using the English language J-Subculture site, I find the search function to be very quirky indeed!

Once you are on the site, shop.j-subculture.com/ , if you follow the path that I gave in a previous post in this thread - click on "Computers," Stationery & Office supplies" and then "Fountain Pen" - you can get to a list of 435 results: http://shop.j-subculture.com/items/category/2A85E535DBDA4EF . After getting to the "fountain pen" section, type "Iroshizuku" in the search box and their search engine will come up with 10 bottles of ink in the "Our Recommend Result" [sic] section followed by 12 results for "Iroshizuku" - the same items in their recommended list plus Ajisai and Tsuyu-kusa, which are ink colors they apparently don't recommend, lol. If you search with "Pilot Iroshizuku" instead, you get the same recommended list of 10 inks plus 1136 other results for things with Pilot in the title, including Iroshisuku and regular Pilot ink and some cartridges included (yep, I went through all 114 pages!) And neither of these searches come up with any of the Mini bottles sets of Iroshizuku ink! So thank you for the link, AncientScribe!

It is somewhat frustrating, but, if you can find the item you want and order it, it is well worth the fight with their search engine! Great prices for legitimate, well-packaged products, shipment is reasonably priced and, if you choose expedited shipping, the order gets to you quickly. Obviously, there are some glitches - I hope that those of you waiting for overdue packages do finally get your orders - but my experience with them was quite positive and I will order from them again.

(I forgot to put this in my earlier post about receiving my pen/ink order, but I also received an Origami paper crane with my order. It seems to personalize the order a bit and I think that is very cool, even better than the tootsie roll pops we get from the Goulet's! :D )

Holly

The above is one of the reasons I like FPN and its community. People are so helpful and supportive.

How else could I get rid of so much non-discretionary income? :lol:

Ordered a Pilot Custom 74 with Music Nib. After 5 days was in Romania, and then another week here because of custom and post office open hours. I paid for EMS and it was worthed. Nice price, packaging and the item was totally new. The only minus - it came with only the cartridge, no converter.

Edited by eduardp

I ordered a Pilot S20 mechanical pencil from them, via Amazon, which took 2 weeks to get to me in the UK - pretty good from Japan. Very well packaged, in a presentation box, bubble wrapped and then put in a strong cardboard shipping box. I'm impressed - great price too, with shipping included.

Between my finger and my thumb

The squat pen rests.

I'll dig with it.

I've ordered two beautiful pens from them (Pilot 92 and 823), but now I have to burst the bubble. Just after I ordered a Midori Passport sized traveler's notebook, I noticed that I could order it a few dollars cheaper on Amazon Prime, and it would have arrived sooner I am sure. The j-subculture price was good, but it still pays to shop. OTH, I figure I am about $200 dollars ahead on the two pens compared to typical street prices here with free shipping vs. their prices with expedited shipping.

My technique with the search engine is to get into the right general category (oddly computers and/or its sub-categories), do a fairly broad search, like "ink" or "pilot" and then sort by cost to more quickly get to the pages likely to contain the treasure I desire. Things are at times mislabeled, but the pictures tend to be right, and you can double check the model number. My 92 was listed only as a "character pen," but the picture and manufacturer's number were exactly what I wanted.

I ordered a Pilot pen from them on March 6, it was shipped, late, (their admission) on March 13, and so far, the item has not appeared anyone through tracking, since March 14, when it apparently left Japan. I am about ready to ask Paypal for a refund, since they have not responded and this is getting on too long.