rockydoggy

ARGH! I wish I hadn't seen this thread! Now I have a Sailor Profit ST on its way to me... And some pens to sell to pay for it. And probably some more pens to sell to get another with gold trim instead of rhodium.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OakIris

• parnesh

• 2brothers

• bbycrts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've placed an order with them and gotten a shipping confirmation but no tracking number and the order hasn't shown up yet (several weeks since I placed the order)

Also, when I made an account on their site they emailed me the password and login information in an open email. This is a HUGE security problem, and I can't understand why a presumably intelligent person would think this is an OK way to maintain a site with credit card and purchase information. Shame on them for exposing customers to completely unnecessary risk.

Edited by WirsPlm

I placed a huge order with them today. Hope they pull through, and if not, I'm glad that I paid with my credit card!

Otherwise, great deals on.... everything.

Why do I not check threads I post to more often/thoroughly? D:

I placed an Ebay order for a Custom 823 the day after your reply. Could have saved 20 bucks...

Ah well. Maybe I'll find a Custom 743 on there somewhere (I still can't find the 823 myself...)

Edited by Aetheric Continua

"I have nixed all Noodler's inks in large part because of their feel, but also their behavior, etc. When I put Iroshizuku or Sailor ink into my pens, it's like the ink, pen, and paper are having a 3-some with smooth 'n sultry 70's jazz playing in the background." ~ Betweenthelines

Very soon...

That's a heavy pen! :P

"I have nixed all Noodler's inks in large part because of their feel, but also their behavior, etc. When I put Iroshizuku or Sailor ink into my pens, it's like the ink, pen, and paper are having a 3-some with smooth 'n sultry 70's jazz playing in the background." ~ Betweenthelines

Very soon...

HAHAHAH- that raccoon meme. I know that feeling all too well. :lol:

- The poster formerly known as HollyGolightly

Their search engine is indeed dreadful; you have to keep playing with keywords until you can get the right combination that MIGHT bring up the item/s you are looking for. As mentioned, the best method is to go to their Computer/Stationery & Office Supplies/Fountain Pens and scroll through the whole list. They are somewhat arbitrary as to whether or not they put the name of the manufacturer in the item title, so you can't just search for Pilot or Platinum, etc., as well as being arbitrary as to what spelling they use, as has been previously mentioned. Pilot Prera is also listed as Purera as another example. (And yes, it's very intuitive to look for fountain pens under Computers! Why don't more sites organize things that way? :rolleyes: )

I would like to order from them - their prices are phenomenal - but they seem to have low stock on the pen/s I want and rockydoggy apparently got their last bottle of Shin-Kai. :P

I do hope they have restocked some items by the time I can buy, but, there have been too many threads/posts about j-subculture here on FPN recently. The "secret" is definitely out and probably there will be a run on all pen/pen-related goods and their shelves will be bare by then. (I also hope they don't raise their prices any time soon.)

Holly

Edited by OakIris

Magic!

:D

Thank you! Apparently I just don't spend enough time searching that site...

Good info! But yeah, their search is an impulse buy killer, which happens to be a good thing for me right now! I'm going to use this as an example with clients: no usability, no sales!

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

To anyone who has bought pens from them, do the pilot pens come with convertors and if so, which converter? i known that engeika ships the higher tier pens (I am looking at a 912) with a Con-70.

Problem is translating Japanese to English. You see this on Amazon as well with the Japanese shops there.

You got Pilot Erabo and Elabo etc.

Looking at some these were just words told them over the phone and written down how it sounded.

Take a guess how our language sounds strange to them..... Babylon is still not forgotten..... :D

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Problem is translating Japanese to English. You see this on Amazon as well with the Japanese shops there.

You got Pilot Erabo and Elabo etc.

Looking at some these were just words told them over the phone and written down how it sounded.

Take a guess how our language sounds strange to them..... Babylon is still not forgotten..... :D

D.ick

I took japanese in university- they don't have an L in their alphabet. This is why you'll always hear the l sound in words replaced with the r. Fun facts!

Thanks to everyone for pointing them out.

On Feb 13 (8 days ago) I ordered a Pilot Custom 74 clear (I was looking for Orange but could not find it - yes the search is really terrible, and I heard the Orange is not available in Japan for the 74).

$81 with expedited shipping.

Confirmation email on 2/14, shipped on 2/17, 2 days to clear US Customs, arrived today, 2/21.

No converter, so I bought the Stainless CON-70 from Anderson Pens for $10.50 which arrived a few days ago.

Really happy. Now I may have to buy that Pilot CH 92 as well (in Orange).

Searching by part number is MUCH more reliable than by decription for the CH 92

Pilot Custom Heritage 92 series: fkvh-15srs

but doesn't work well for the 74 where the words "Pilot Custom" seem to work better.

Does anyone else have tips on how to search with J-Subculture?

Visconti Opera Club Typhoon Blue, Summer Yellow

Vanishing Point Red/Gold, Faceted Green

Pilot Fermo Dark Green

Mont Blanc Starwalker

Pelikan M205 Blue, Piccadilly Circus

Stipula Suprema Tortoise

Aurora Ipsilon

To anyone who has bought pens from them, do the pilot pens come with convertors and if so, which converter? i known that engeika ships the higher tier pens (I am looking at a 912) with a Con-70.

Just received a Platinum 3776 Century with no converter.

Good to hear of your good experience, too, wiseguyh.

Though I commented a couple of days ago that they were out of stock for some of the things I was interested in, one of them, the Shin-Kai ink, is already back in stock. One example is not much to go by, of course, but I was impressed by that. Luckily, the pens I actually decided I wanted were in stock as well, so I placed my order today. I look forward to receiving the shipment and will post back in this thread with an update once it is received.

Holly

Edited by OakIris

Just received a Platinum 3776 Century with no converter.

Weird- when I bought mine it came with one but, I did not purchase mine from this site and it's a celluloid model. So maybe it's different?