Good Price On The Lamy Al-Star Copper Orange

TheGreatRoe

Just here to share a good deal I came across from Fontoplumo (Netherlands).

While searching for a release date for the Lamy AL-star copper-orange fountain pen (special edition 2015) I discovered that Fontoplumo is taking pre-orders for them. What surprised me, however was the price. All their Al-Stars are 22,23 €, and with the exchange rate moving in the US's favor lately that's a pretty good price.

B9Fa6SRIUAA-wNF.png

The pen, a package of the copper-orange ink cartridges, and shipping to the US came out to just under US$ 32. 10 minutes or so after I placed the order I got an email saying it was expected to ship on Tuesday. Even once the pen is available in the US I'd be lucky to find that price.

"The Great Roe is a mythological beast with the head of a lion and the body of a lion, but not the same lion."

My Personal Blog | My Creative Writing Blog | My Heraldry Designs

http://dcroe05.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/crestdr.png?w=100

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flyshot

• Eccles

• jaqcp

• pen2paper

I noticed that they offer 1.1 stub also. I've got to have this Al Star color!

I'm a University of Texas alumni... "HOOK 'EM HORNS" !!!

Sorry...I couldn't resist.

"And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.". Matthew 4:19

editing out my quirky sense of humor post to note:

Reliable pen, good price > new 2015 color, And offers the 1.1 nib too!

Very good of Frank to join in and explain how the price conversion works for those outside EU.

Thanks, and all the best.

Edited by pen2paper

Price jumped to 26.90 while I was looking at it, while it was in my cart! AND they are out of stock!

Timing really is everything.

[color=#444444][size=2][left]In this age of text, twitter, skype and email, receiving a good old-fashioned hand-written letter feels just like a warm hug.[/left][/size][/color][img]http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png[/img]

I think the Euro gained a little today. I placed an order earlier today for the price mentioned by dcroe05 . However...I did receive an email saying the Lamy is backordered. I don't mind the wait.

Maybe you can email the company & ask if they can adjust the price??

"And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.". Matthew 4:19

Price jumped to 26.90 while I was looking at it, while it was in my cart! AND they are out of stock!

Timing really is everything.

Happy to see the topic :D dcroe05, thank you for posting

@Jaqcp

The price of euro 26.9 is the price charged within the European union. Once you have registered and are logged in, the system will show the price for your destination. If outside Europe, this is 22.23 as not VAT is due

This pen has sold very fast and all nearly all who pre ordered have been notified that the pen was send Friday or will be send Monday. I expect multiple deliveries from Lamy in the next few days which will allow me to send out the pens (and ink) ordered in recent days and have enough left to have stock again.

Regards, Frank

www.fontoplumo.nl

info@fontoplumo.nl

Happy to see the topic :D dcroe05, thank you for posting

@Jaqcp

The price of euro 26.9 is the price charged within the European union. Once you have registered and are logged in, the system will show the price for your destination. If outside Europe, this is 22.23 as not VAT is due

This pen has sold very fast and all nearly all who pre ordered have been notified that the pen was send Friday or will be send Monday. I expect multiple deliveries from Lamy in the next few days which will allow me to send out the pens (and ink) ordered in recent days and have enough left to have stock again.

Regards, Frank

Went back for second try and all came out as Frank suggested. My price did come to $22.23 plus come carts for a total under $33. I have bookmarked this site for future business!

[color=#444444][size=2][left]In this age of text, twitter, skype and email, receiving a good old-fashioned hand-written letter feels just like a warm hug.[/left][/size][/color][img]http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png[/img]

I was also able to order a Kaweco Sport Skyline in the Mint color...that I've been looking for.

Great site!! I will order again from Fontoplumo.

Thanks dcroe05 for posting this . Thank you also to Frank at Fontoplumo for explaining the prices.

La Couronne du Comte (also in the Netherlands) has them listed for the same price (26.50 EUR including VAT). I don't know his shipping prices to the USA. Maybe he has some stock left?

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Dale

Thanks for posting about Fontoplumo....placed an order for the Copper Orange Lamy Al Star...prices on the site seem very competitive and the shipping very reasonable. (Copper Orange currently out of stock)

Thank-you

Bill

• 4 weeks later...

Mine came yesterday, and I love it. The color is even better in real life, and the new orange ink is great! I got a pack just out of curiosity (and because Fontoplumo's price on them was fantastic), but now I think I'll want to get a full bottle once those are available.

Thank you for the heads-up on this excellent deal and the way the tax comes off prior to payment. Ordered one for me and one as a gift... and couldn't resist the idea of the matching ink.

Glenn.

La Couronne du Comte (also in the Netherlands) has them listed for the same price (26.50 EUR including VAT). I don't know his shipping prices to the USA. Maybe he has some stock left?

D.ick

Another good site, but their P&P is higher below €150, so Fontoplumo are still ahead.

Glenn.

Outside European Union

Shipping costs €19,- (€15,97 excl. VAT) (you only pay these costs when the amount of the order is below €150,-) for insured shipping

Shipping costs €14,- (€11,76 excl. VAT) (you only pay these costs when the amount of the order is below €150,-) for uninsured shipping

Mine came yesterday, and I love it. The color is even better in real life, and the new orange ink is great! I got a pack just out of curiosity (and because Fontoplumo's price on them was fantastic), but now I think I'll want to get a full bottle once those are available.

And it IS available now! My bottle came Saturday morning from Vanness Pens in Arkansas with a couple of new Sailor Bung Box bottles.

Thanks so much for this; just ordered one. It's on backorder but I certainly don't mind waiting.