Montblanc Repair, Dissapointing

max dog

When it comes to resolving nib issues I find Montblanc repair quite inadequate. After 3 consecutive trips to Montblanc repair under warranty, the nib came back in worst shape each time. The attitude of the repair center is quite arrogant too.

Will have to seek a nibmeister. Wish others better luck when getting their nib serviced by MB.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• max dog

• meiers

• Trebor

• cadevico

Top Posters In This Topic

That's terrible.

The folks at the Mississaugua service centre in Canada are wonderful.

I would send them the pen a fourth time.

Don't give up.

Does your pen have flow issues?

Edited by meiers

Nib is scratchy and skips. Was perfect when I sent it in originally for a leak issue which they corrected, but the new feed and nib dont get along. Perhaps I should give MB repair another chance given the pleasure their pens have always given me.

Nib is scratchy and skips. Was perfect when I sent it in originally for a leak issue which they corrected, but the new feed and nib dont get along. Perhaps I should give MB repair another chance given the pleasure their pens have always given me.

It;s best to include samples on YOUR paper showing the problem with the pen. Then they can test on the same paper.

My Website

When it comes to resolving nib issues I find Montblanc repair quite inadequate. After 3 consecutive trips to Montblanc repair under warranty, the nib came back in worst shape each time. The attitude of the repair center is quite arrogant too.

Will have to seek a nibmeister. Wish others better luck when getting their nib serviced by MB.

Which country was this in

Thanks for the advice. The thing is, it skips and is scratchy on all papers including Rhodia to photo copy paper. I'm puzzled as to why such a problematic nib cant be corrected by MB repair.

I had the exact same experience dealing with the official MB service center in the US/Texas. I had a problematic 146 that I bought used and it never was right for me. Had skipping issues and flow issues as well as hard starts. I sent the pen to them the first time describing all of the issues and when I got the pen back, it was pretty much fully restored and updated with current parts however, I still had the same issues with the nib. I sent it back to them a second time and they reported that they "adjusted the nib" but to me it felt like they didn't even touch it because it still had the same issues. So, out of desperation, I sent it off to John at nibs.com and he fixed it wonderfully. It's now the smoothest best writing pen that I have. It cost a few bucks, especially because I paid the expedite fee, but in the end, it saved a fairly valuable pen from the bone yard. What I learned from all of this was that if you need a pen problem such as threads, piston or other functional issue resolved, then the MB service center is the way to go. However, if it's nib related or writing quality related then use a nib meister all the way.

It's the Canadian repair center in Mississauga.

Talk to Olivia Pereira. She is very good. They have a 1-800 number and email contacts. If they understand exactly what you want, they will make it right.

Nibs.com do good work but you will not see your pen for a while.

Edited by meiers

It;s best to include samples on YOUR paper showing the problem with the pen. Then they can test on the same paper.

Good point. I did this and it helped.

please if anyone can help me

my wife gave me a fountain pen montblanc classique platinum but in a careless, i lost the bottom of my pen. there will be somewhere where I can get the missing part?

thank you for your help

please if anyone can help me

my wife gave me a fountain pen montblanc classique platinum but in a careless, i lost the bottom of my pen. there will be somewhere where I can get the missing part?

thank you for your help

This is a little off-topic, but I believe the closest service center to you is in Argentina, Bolivia doesn't appear at all in Montblanc's country list. You can also try eBay or an equivalent auction site to buy the replacement part online.

VLG AMERICAS SA Sucursal Argentina
BUENOS AIRES
Av Quintana 529 Piso 7 °
Phone 4804 9937
Fax +54 11 4805-4584

Not trying to hijack the thread but I want to second my disappointment here.

My pen went to the service center through the boutique for a piston replacement. But after four attempts, they messed up the butter smooth nib and still haven't got the piston working correctly. However the boutique is patient and friendly enough though.

Talk to Olivia Pereira. She is very good. They have a 1-800 number and email contacts. If they understand exactly what you want, they will make it right.

Nibs.com do good work but you will not see your pen for a while.

Thanks meiers. I did talk to Olivia (very nice lady btw) and she suggested I try just writing with it a lot for a couple of weeks to see if the nib will settle in with my hand. Will give that a try.

Edited by max dog

Thanks meiers. I did talk to Olivia (very nice lady btw) and she suggested I try just writing with it a lot for a couple of weeks to see if the nib will settle in with my hand. Will give that a try.

That sounds really unfortunate and frustrating, max dog. That doesn't sound right for a service that you paid for. For what it's worth, I've had two pens (bought brand new, not sent in for a tuning) from John Mottishaw (nibs.com), and they, just like he advertises, write perfectly out of the box.

That sounds really unfortunate and frustrating, max dog. That doesn't sound right for a service that you paid for. For what it's worth, I've had two pens (bought brand new, not sent in for a tuning) from John Mottishaw (nibs.com), and they, just like he advertises, write perfectly out of the box.

John does excellent work, I agree.

So does the Mb service centre in Mississaugua. Max, they will come trough for you. Olivia Is very helpful.

Edited by meiers

I have had several new & used pens that took from a few hours to a few days to settle in. If you feel no improvement at all from one day to the next – it likely will not happen for you.

"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"

After a couple of weeks, noticed no improvement to the scratchiness and skipping. What's worst is the original leaking issue of ink and water at the blind cap piston screw that I sent the pen in for when the nib was perfect is back as well, Not too impressed with the MB regional repair center. Not sure what other country MB repair centers are like, but the one here in Canada have much to be desired.

Edited by max dog