Hero 100 Models

TimTheZaj

After discovering taobao, I realized there were many more versions of the hero 100 than I had previously thought, so here is a list of those I have found, and relative rareness on a scale of 1-10 (10 being very rare):

-The standard hero 100 flighter (1)

This is by most accounts the most widely available on eBay, or taobao, or even Amazon, you should expect to pay 25$ on taobao, 35-45$ on eBay and 45-65$ on Amazon

-The black and the burgundy standard steel clip and cap (1)

This is also a very standard model, very slightly less expensive than the flighter

-The teal or green standard steel clip and cap(1.5)

This seems to be very slightly rarer than the other flighter, black and burgundy. You should expect to play the same as the other plastic versions

-The black, green and burgundy steel cap gold clip (2.5~3.5)

This seems to be available only on taobao, the same as the standard plastic except with gold plated clip and barrel jewel. About 5-20$ more than the standard versions.

-The 90s black or burgundy with "wave pattern" polished gold plated caps.(4-5)

There seems to be a lot of just barrels and caps on the market, hence the "4" rarity rating. You should expect to pay 30$ for just barrel. However there are much rarer full versions for which you should expect to pay 110$ for them. These have golden barrel jewels.

-The full golden "wave pattern" pen. (4-5)

You should expect to pay 10$ more than the versions above

-The steel cap blue version from the 80s

The color of the barrel is what makes this one so rare (6). You should expect to pay 230$ for these

-The gold "wave pattern" electric blue version from I don't know (7.5)

The blue from this version is bluer than from the previous. Gold end jewel. Around 400-600$.

-The gold filled 70s striped version (9)

This version is very, very, very rare, and you should expect to pay around 600$.

Here come the über rare versions that I'm just not going to rate. These were obviously party leader pens. All of these are at least 1000$:

-All of the colors with a solid gold cap, usually striped or barleycorn

-the solid gold pen, in polished, striped, or barleycorn.

-Sterling silver striped with solid gold accents

-The bright red pen with sterling cap cap: this is the rarest one I have seen, it was not for sale, had a USSR hammer and sickle and chinese star on it. I believe it was made by China exclusively for the leader of the USSR. Possibly unique.

I do not include here the non official versions such as the demonstrator piston fill

Feel free to contribute any you have seen.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TimTheZaj

• Jorge

• delano

• platon951

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do not forget the earliest version "100 Hero" rather than "Hero 100"; that was when the company was still trading as Huafu Pens. After the Hero brand became well known they adopted it as their company name, as happened countless times all around the world.

These are pictures from an old thread at the Gangbiwang forum:

http://1.ccker.com/gbw/thumb/Mon_1402/10_7675_95d0420fc057616.jpg

http://1.ccker.com/gbw/thumb/Mon_1402/10_7675_61541a2cdb5923a.jpg

http://1.ccker.com/gbw/Mon_1402/10_7675_94c950276d5870b.jpg

http://1.ccker.com/gbw/thumb/Mon_1402/10_7675_2a456e7e92a0e66.jpg

Needless to say these also have variants as well, and if we use listings of examples available for sale, we have to be aware that some might be fraudulent.

No, I am not going to list my pens here.

Although the hero 100 glorious has the name of the iconic hero 100, it really isn't that similar, being much more flashy and having a brass body. Although I agree with you that I should have at least mentioned it.

Seele, thank you for your incredible knowledge on chinese pens. It has truly been a resource for me when I had a question. I will post an updated list sometime, including some new stuff and the 100 hero.

• 4 months later...

I appreciate the time you took to assemble this data on the 100 variants.

I'll look forward to any additional research that you publish here on this interesting and very usable pen.

Harry

Thanks for the acknowledgment. I am currently still looking for additional models before I post an updated list.

I wasn't aware that there were so many variants. I know little to nothing about chinese pens, although I own a few. I googled taobao and came across chinese only results. Might there be an English portal?

Hi Tim,

What about this one?

I would describe its colour as "olive green", lighter than the more common "forest/dark green"

post-5609-0-33117300-1435496575_thumb.jpg

Interesting,

I never knew there were so many variants either and that some are so expensive / rare.

Interesting,

I never knew there were so many variants either and that some are so expensive / rare.

It is the prime pen of the Chinese since 1963, which is the reason so many variants are available.

Hi Tim,

What about this one?

I would describe its colour as "olive green", lighter than the more common "forest/dark green"

IMAG0428.jpg

Interesting, where did you find this? Any ideas on context or era?

I wasn't aware that there were so many variants. I know little to nothing about chinese pens, although I own a few. I googled taobao and came across chinese only results. Might there be an English portal?

Use Google chrome and use the translation feature.

Interesting, where did you find this? Any ideas on context or era?

All I can say is that I acquired it some four years ago, through Ebay, from an UK seller. It was part of a set of pens being sold together, and was not highlighted among them. A real surprise when it reached me!

• 3 weeks later...

TimtheZaj,

How does one verify the authenticity of a Hero pen on Taobao. One of the agents I started with, mistertao, won't even let you buy a product marked Hero. It suggests you move on to shopping for something non-Hero branded. What agent do you use?Does it pay off to learn the complexities of Taobao and agents for one-off purchases at this point?

Alibaba Group has so much capital that it could fairly easily simplify the interface and buying/fulfillment process to bring the retailer into competition with eBay and Amazon in markets outside China.

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter | Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

I was confronted with this problem at the beginning before realizing that you need to create an account and then there aren't any unauthorized purchases. For buying a hero 100 that is genuine I usually stick with known settlers such as yc guo.

Hero 100 all-steel Release time:2013-01-03 read: 次

http://www.tizo-pen....ingxuan/57.html say:

I. Overview

"Hero 100" Golden Pen is a hero fountain pens factory (formerly Huafu Golden Pen Factory) "100 Heroes" After the success of reference "100 Heroes" in 1962 re-design of a gold pen. "100 Heroes" and "Hero 100" is the most popular type in the domestic gold pen. "100 heroes" the Huafu Golden Pen Factory in 1955 Parker 51 Parker (PARKER) "" imitation. According to the assessment, in addition to the pen grip plastic quality, the quality of the other components to meet or exceed the quality of the corresponding parts of the Parker 51. Metal polishing technology, Parker also specifically sent to China to learn.

Second, the subtype

1 gold-plated engraving

(No details)

2 gold cap semi-steel

3 folders semi-steel   

Semi-steel hero hero 100 gold cap 100 semi-steel

3.1 Black

3.2 Red

3.3 blue

3.4 Gray-blue

3.5 Dark green

3.6 Blue lake

3.7 Khaki

3.8 Light gray

4. Semi-steel

4.1 Black

4.2 Red

4.3 blue

4.4 Gray-blue

4.5 Dark green

4.6 Blue lake

4.7 Khaki

4.8 Light gray

5. All-steel

5.1 Black(Grip)

5.2 Red (Grip)

5.3 green(Grip)

5.4 Gray(Grip)

6. Ladies version

Third, the nib

14K gold nib production, front-end welded titanium particles. B (production in the early 1980s, a small number), F, EF (99 years discontinued, semi-steel, steel are) three kinds of thickness.

Nib inscription in three lines:

First line: "Heroes 100" unique symbol, the middle of a "1", to trap the two "0";

The second line: "Hero";

Third row left "14k" right "Year of production (the year of production and identification: b-1, p-2, m-3, f-4, d-5, t-6, n-, l-8, g-9, h (K) -0, the coding is sorted by the Latin alphabet pinyin vowel sequence) the (1963,1964,1965 nib engraved with the year and month) (production in recent years is no longercarved year of production, the location of the original production year aratamekoku "M") (mistakenly "g" is mistaken for "9").

There are The pen pal weighed on the tip, the quality of 0.31499g, multifaceted report said the quality of the nib 0.2g to 0.45 g.

* "Hero 100" nib is not attracted to a magnet, and false otherwise.

* Yellow and white gold nib nib with iridium intergranular clear, the tip yellowish red does not shine, bright yellow case must be fake.

Fourth, pen tongue

Pen tongue hard, shiny surface. The hero of the last century, 100 tongue, long, convex, the hero of the century 100 tongue round, short, flat.

The * pen tongue is bright Tell standard.

Five, Pen grip

Maximum diameter of 10.8mm, plastic material, a variety of colors.

!"Hero 100" pen grip a large number of burst (commonly known as the critical lever).

Six, pen

Material gold-plated stainless steel, stainless steel, plastic three pen and pen grip between 14K gold seal ring.

Gold-plated stainless steel used in gilded carved paragraph.

For stainless-steel models, ladies section.

Plastic for semi-steel models.

!Gold-plated stainless steel and stainless steel, plastic screw thread tooth type and pitch.

Seven, the cap

Materials are stainless steel gold-plated stainless steel two, the clip below engraved with "Hero 100" unique markers (see above), "Hero 100" inscription "hero gold 100 silver 100 inscriptions hero Hero silver 100"), "MADE IN CHINA. "

Cap polished shut before 2003, after the cap had no grinding shut.

Eight, pen holder

Straight elastic shaped pen holder, made ​​of stainless steel gold-plated, stainless steel two.

Nine, Ink sac

The use of plastic ink sac, the ink can not be completely saturated. Use a long time after the rupture, the official is not out on the ink, only to make alterations in the future.

Ten, retaining bile sets

Retaining the gall bladder sleeve engraved with "Heroes 100 Golden Pen" nursing bile sleeve reed engraved with the English "HERO". The other side of the corresponding Chinese characters engraved with "Heroes 100" unique markers (see above). Retaining the end of the bile duct is tapered.

Domestic market

"Hero 100" still in mass production, is a very popular type of domestic gold pen. Price based upon the year of production, pen models vary. Here given only domestic continental reference price.

Gilded carved ¥ RMB300 ~ ¥ RMB450

The gold cap semisteel ¥ RMB280 to $ RMB350 (recent production), ¥ RMB500 ~ $ RMB800 (early production, Year of manufacture)

¥ RMB200 ~ ¥ RMB250 folder semi-steel

Semi-steel ¥ RMB130 ~ ¥ RMB170

¥ RMB150 ~ ¥ RMB210-steel

Genuine recognition

1. Package

Genuine packaging outermost layer of blue paper sleeve front five concave pattern throughout the total length of the key is printed on the back "advising" carefully, the original Hero 100 Golden Pen is famous domestic brand in order to ensure ... special configurationspecialty packaging. would like to caution statement. "parallel packaging is no such warnings carefully.

The edge of the box plastic the 14K small round card, genuine neat little redness, similar to the color of the so-called rose gold watch inside. Parallel edge of the thick, yellow, red.

2.Anti-counterfeiting labels

Genuine scratch coating dial telephone inquiries, and parallel dial telephone pin to pick fiber, can also be by 315 security net query, then the security code of 11, now 15.

There is news that the recent Company of Heroes for the security, if true, is probably the difference.

3.Pen technology

Genuine delicate process. Of course, realistically speaking, parallel pen process has been much better than Parker, the real thing is more delicate, and slightly larger than the parallel brightness.

Cap lettering than the parallel deep and clear. "MADE IN CHINA" inscription, word parallel "MA" is slightly smaller than the other letters, genuine individual letters clear and uniform.

The top of the cap also the difference is seen on the top of the cap, the parallel cap at the top of the conical cutting diameter greater than genuine, parallel tapered cutting ring at the bottom of the depth shallower than genuine. Pen is also true, but not as good as the cap.

4. protection bile sets

Genuine care put gall inscriptions than the parallel is clear and deep. Genuine ink sac spring polished with a matte feel than the the parallel thin, parallel, authentic little smooth. Of course, this provision is the difference is not obvious, perhaps genuine inside there is also this phenomenon, different accessories slightly different product batches is possible.

5. Nib

Authentic nib on the word "hero" parallel tip light, no "hero".

6.Feel

The authentic writing feel comfortable, almost do not need to pick. The parallel after several pick pick come to feel good.

Tips:

The selection of a pen dipped in ink on paper try to write "8" and "permanent" write "8" should feel the whole process of the tip are smooth; write "Wing", should be the thickness are different, writing clear and strong,from the nib close blunt, the whole process is not linked to the paper, ink constantly, leaving no nicks.

I like the Hero 100 flighter I own and I am tempted to buy Hero Glorious 100 but I read some bad reviews about the section cracking... Does anyone have any experience with Glorious 100?

Inked: Sailor King Pro Gear, Sailor Nagasawa Proske, Sailor 1911 Standard, Parker Sonnet Chiselled Carbon, Parker 51, Pilot Custom Heritage 92, Platinum Preppy