So So, Sooo Very Close...

OcalaFlGuy

It was scary.

This morning, I clipped my main work pen, this red 45 Arrow (14k nib with a .6 mm Masuyama rounded CI grind), to the v neck of my sweater and headed to work.

IMG_20141227_172159.jpg

Into the front door at work and a few more steps to the washroom to wash my hands.

A glance in the mirror and a preliminary Hungh? :huh: exploded into a full blown OH NO! :yikes:

I saw the red clip still clipped to my sweater v neck but nothing apparently Under the cap. OhNoOhNoOhNo.

I pat my chest. Just the cap. DAMMIT! Houston, we have a problem.

I take a DEEP breath, Dear God, PleasePleasePleasePlease.

Outside the washroom door. Look. Look. Nothing. Out the front door. Look. Look.

Ahhh, There is it!

I let half a breath out. <DoopDoopDoopDoop, eyes to Loupe mode> Now the Other half of the exhale.

The nib Looks fine. (It also wrote as it had before the drop when Immediately tested.)

I guess it was a straight down, barrel end down, plummet.

<Sigh> A SUBSTANTIAL early withdrawal from my pen karma account...

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OcalaFlGuy

• sharonspens

• reprieve

• Brian K

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to ditch the fancy pouch and get one of those shoulder holsters that are normally used for snub-nosed gats in all the noir films

Your whole rep make get a new makeover

Oh. My. Goodness. That was a heartstopper of a story.

Edited by sharonspens

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

Double post.

Edited by sharonspens

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

I had that kind of moment this summer with my, then, only Dollar Pen. I had checked the mail, and driven to my apartment. I walked in the door, reached in my pocket, and...NO PEN! Arghhhh...

I frantically checked the sidewalk, and then drove back up to the mailboxes, which is where everyone likes to park to check the mail. As I pulled up, I could see it, laying on the ground, right where everyone likes to pull up and park. It was fine. I wasn't.

Trust me!

MINE certainly skipped a few beats.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl-It would be a real pain to have to replace that pen

I'm so, so glad this story has a happy ending, especially because your red 45 with its Masuyama nib is such a lovely pen!

I know that terrible feeling. The sinking stomach, the quiet panic. Terrible.

It happened to me recently, with a Pelikan M205 that was clipped to the cover of my notebook. I carried the notebook and pen from my office into another building, sat down to write, and only had a cap. (I did retrace my steps, and I did find the pen, in the middle of the sidewalk, a little bit scuffed and scratched but otherwise unharmed.)

Time to ditch the fancy pouch and get one of those shoulder holsters that are normally used for snub-nosed gats in all the noir films

Your whole rep make get a new makeover

Ditch the carry case with my contact info on the outside of it that actually Has Gotten misplaced pens returned to me before?

Yeah. That's not happnin'.

Had my Arrow been IN said case, I wouldn't have Had this issue. And I Was Carrying the dang case. :rolleyes:

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

:thumbup:

Grace and Peace are already yours because God is the Creator of all of life and Jesus Christ the Redeemer of each and every life.

Suggest a three or four old leather cigar case. Try for fatter cigars. Mine is for thinner cigars so will do one skinny pen and two Standard to medium-large ones.

Or flap type pen case.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Yikes! This is the type of story that makes me glad I'm female and primarily carry my pens in my purse. I'm just glad it had a happy ending.

Although, sometimes even that's not enough. The day I got my turquoise 45 in the mail, I had just gotten it all inked up and was about to play, and it was time to leave to go to a movie. I didn't want to leave it! So I grabbed a small notebook, the pen, my phone, my purse and hustled out the door. I figured I could at least futz in the notebook during the previews or something.

Once we got our seats, I pulled out my notebook and pen. No, wait, this is the ballpoint that lives in my purse. Reach back in … no pen. I do have a large-ish purse, but I don't put a lot into it. It's kinda hard to miss anything in there. So I'm digging around in every pocket -- still no pen. Very carefully take everything out of each pocket, one at a time. No pen. Finally, I had to concede that my pen was Not There. :yikes:

So I sat through the whole movie, with periodic thoughts of my poor lost pen … kept my eyes on the ground, all the way back to the car … and there it was, in the seat of the car. How it got there, I have no clue.