A Follow-Up To The Wenrong Post From Last November ...

Dickkooty2

I couldn't resist the copy for the Wenrong. As a matter of fact when I went to their home site and read the description of Wenrong's sister Wenlaing, I bought it as well.

since it was the copy rather than the pen that is the real attraction at least for me, I'll quote them both:

WENRONG senior scrub technology nib pen WR- 988C Appearance: metal rods, colored scrub craft. Rod about 5.5 cm long, long under the rod about 7.9, total length 13.3 cm, length of the upper and lower pole connector about 4.7 cm, the maximum diameter of about 1 cm, spring by pinching the ink cartridges is about 6.2 mm long, large nib, suitable for students and accounting special. NOTE: We sell new pen, not filled with ink, because it is easy dirty mail. Go to a local stationery store, buy writing ink, refillable cartridge can work, thank you!

WEN LIANG new charm fashion nib pen WL-719a Appearance: metal pen, colored lacquer craft,silver eagle. Rod about 4.6 cm long, long under the rod about 8.4, total length 13 cm, length of the upper and lower pole connector about 4 cm, the maximum diameter of about 1 cm, push-pull cartridge about 6.2 cm long, especially small nib, suitable for students and accounting special. NOTE: We sell new pen, not filled with ink, because it is easy dirty mail. Go to a local stationery store, buy writing ink, refillable cartridge can work, thank you!

Here are their pictures, writing samples. and a few words on each

Wenrong ...

http://s271.photobuc...html?sort=3&o=0

Description very accurate, if a bit stilted. The matte black is quite attractive and the pen is a nice weight, length capped and posted for writing. The clip is a little more shiny and has an 'R' on it for "Rong', I guess, and 'Wenrong 998' in gold paint at the join. The words 'Wen', 'Rong', and 'Laing' have characters, but the only usage I found was as proper last names or names of electronic and hi-tech companies in the industrial zone.

The exposed nib seems to be a medium. I thought it might flex. It did but I had to reset it. Nib seems thin. Marked with name 'Wenrong'. An aerometric sac is supplied. I didn't check to see if it would take a cartridge.

I just dipped for the writing sample. Seems OK. I like the thicker line

My outtake: A perfectly presentable business/personal use pen for someone who is not ostentatious. But the nib may be a problem given the size and the temptation to try for a bit of flex.

Wenlaing ...

http://s271.photobuc...g.html?sort=3

Very accurate on dimensions and materials, less stilted than the Wenrong. The 'eagle' mentioned on the metal ring is in fact Mickey Mouse and the name on the cap is in the Disney house face.

​The pen seems heavier to me than the Wenrong in spite of the shorter length. It does not feel as comfortable to write with. The nib is almost completely hidden and may be one piece with the assembly. It is a nail and rather military looking rather than 'charm fashion'.

The orange and the metallic trim are an unfortunate aesthetic design combination.

My outtake: A very ugly pen that doesn't do much for Mickey Mouse (or vice-versa). An annoying nib that looks like an ice-chipper and that too-heavy for its size feel that seems to be a characteristic of Chinese metal pens. Stop melting down those 155mm shell casings. This pen is a no-no!

OK, so saying all of the above about the pens I don't want them. I was only interested because of the copy. I don't want a pen that is OK 'for what it is', 'at the price', or some other apologia.

I'll mail them in an envelope to anyone in the States who wants them. Must take both! First request gets 'em. Send me one of those FPN internal emails with your name and a mailing address. Those with the last names of "Wenrong' or 'Wenlaing' are not eligible

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Asian8640

• Dickkooty2

Top Posters In This Topic

How much for them?

99¢ each including shipping on ebay with a little research.

Yes, I know … how bad can they be? How can anything be manufactured that cheaply and be offered with free postage? I believe it is an accounting trick where the original produuct in it's home markets recaptures all costs so that any sales like these fall through to the bottom line unburdened!

Edited by Dickkooty2

Now, second question, how much do you want for them? Based on your wording you're going to send them first class mail for $.99 for a stamp, but you do not state how said person would pay you... If you're just looking to unload them onto some poor unsuspecting soul, sure send them my way :P, but there'd be no dosh in it for you :lticaptd:.

Edited by Asian8640

Now, second question, how much do you want for them? Based on your wording you're going to send them first class mail for $.99 for a stamp, but you do not state how said person would pay you... If you're just looking to unload them onto some poor unsuspecting soul, sure send them my way :P, but there'd be no dosh in it for you :lticaptd:.

If someone else with an address in the States other than Asian8640 wants these pens for free, just send me an internal email with your name and address.

Sorry, Asian8640, you have disqualified yourself because of your attitude and use of the word 'dosh'.

Good luck finding someone mate (^.^) Enjoy your evening. I haven't meant to be rude. Sorry if it came off that way. I guess sarcasm and light ribbing (possibly) doesn't translate well in text.

Second, what's wrong with dosh? I was under the impression dosh = money.

Edited by Asian8640

• 2 weeks later...