Pilot Custom Heritage 92 Or Lamy 2K?

Cavalry88

Hi all,

Recently there's a massdrop for the Lamy 2K and it's pretty much the cheapest I can get since I'm from Singapore. I've always wanted a piston filler and Pilots have always been very well-performing for me. The Heritage 92 is a demo and really appeals to me but since I have quite a few Pilots I wonder if I should get the Lamy instead. However, I have heard the Lamy has a very small sweet spot and a tapering section, and I have sweaty palms so this is one of my concerns. Since the Lamy and 92 are around the same price point now, are there any recommendations? I write really small and generally the Pilot F nib is good for me. Thanks in advance!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cavalry88

• TheSacredSoul

• whereisandy

• DREAMER

Top Posters In This Topic

I have large hands, and I found the Lamy 2K to be too narrow at the section. My fingers would cramp because it was too small.

Walk in shadow / Walk in dread / Loosefish walk / As Like one dead

Hi all,

Recently there's a massdrop for the Lamy 2K and it's pretty much the cheapest I can get since I'm from Singapore. I've always wanted a piston filler and Pilots have always been very well-performing for me. The Heritage 92 is a demo and really appeals to me but since I have quite a few Pilots I wonder if I should get the Lamy instead. However, I have heard the Lamy has a very small sweet spot and a tapering section, and I have sweaty palms so this is one of my concerns. Since the Lamy and 92 are around the same price point now, are there any recommendations? I write really small and generally the Pilot F nib is good for me. Thanks in advance!

Interesting, I am from Singapore too and getting a CH92. The only place I could find selling it was a place at Orchard Ion for 238SGD. So decided to import it and save myself a sweet 100 bucks. Someone in another thread recommended J-Subculture and that's where I am getting mine from.

Interesting, I am from Singapore too and getting a CH92. The only place I could find selling it was a place at Orchard Ion for 238SGD. So decided to import it and save myself a sweet 100 bucks. Someone in another thread recommended J-Subculture and that's where I am getting mine from.

You imported it already? Is it reliable and how much exactly in SGD?

You imported it already? Is it reliable and how much exactly in SGD?

Not yet. It's about USD98-USD100. Add another USD10 for expedited shipping to SG.

I was also wondering which one of those two pens will be my next one and I finally chose the Lamy.

Reading all the reviews, it seems to be a must have pen .....

That's what I've explained in my very first post on fountain pen network ( even if I use to read the threads here every day since months and months) : https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/267952-which-one-will-be-your-next-fountain-pen/

I just sold my Lamy 2000 that had an extra fine nib. The pen laid down a wet line that was more like a Western fine. While the girth of the pen was fine, I found I gripped the section tighter because my fingers tended to slide down the metal section as I wrote.

I was also wondering which one of those two pens will be my next one and I finally chose the Lamy.

Reading all the reviews, it seems to be a must have pen .....

That's what I've explained in my very first post on fountain pen network ( even if I use to read the threads here every day since months and months) : https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/267952-which-one-will-be-your-next-fountain-pen/

How do you find the pen?

I actually got both as my daily writers. Both are great and have similar ink capacity.

The Pilot has the more "fun" nib: springy with just a touch of feedback (if you're into Sailor nibs or Japanese nibs in general). It also has the better piston mechanism.

The Lamy is more comfortable (to me, heavier and has more girth), is a bit juicier, and the nib is extra smooth.

Both are very good looking in their own right.

Edited by flipper_gv

I have two Lamy 2K's, one always in the rotation group, I find them a great fp. Both are fitted with fine nibs which are a pleasure to write with.

This summer in Queensland, Australia has been very hot and steamy alot of the time and I have found no problems writing with them when sweaty. Overall a fp that will always have a place in my heart.

Greg

"may our fingers remain ink stained"

Handwriting - one of life's pure pleasures

obviously each to his own I nearly own both but because that's the Custom Heritage 91 which is a "different" pen all together the Lamy 2K is good in certain environments while the Custom Heritage 91 is also good in certain environments each to his own really... performance wise... with the soft nib options found on the Custom Heritage 91 which can be swapped to the Custom Heritage 92 it's certainly a good option to check out a semi flex piston filler option... if you can have the soft nib options to the first place else just think what you want, Lamy 2K is built like a tank while Custom Heritage 92 has some fragile austerity going for it... either way I don't think it would be wise to drop pens on concrete on pens at these price range

I have the macrolon L2K and find it really comfortable although I tend to it near the nubbins that secure the cap. I also prefer the wet line. I find the nib Pilot Custom Heritage 92 not as enjoyable, but I like the way the pen looks and the play of the ink inside it. Each to his own.

Gistar