Incowrimo 2015

Rocket1

I'll be using my stash of Tomoe River paper for longer letters, some gorgeous cards I bought in the UK on my last visit for notes, and Clairfontaine and Verge de France A5 pads for shorter letters.

Forgot about Valentine's Day - that takes care of at least a week's worth of missives!

"Life would split asunder without letters." Virginia Woolf

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rocket1

• PaperDarts

• Notgatherox

• cattar

In the UK I buy note cards from National Trust shops and most recently in Winchester, at the school's book shop (P&G Wells Booksellers, 11 College Street, Winchester). A great book store - also sells Lamy pens, notebooks, and a good selection of boxed notecards. Open to the public, not just for the school.

Hi! I want to do this and I know I don't have 28 people to send letters to. SO if anyone wants a postcard from Disney World or something, that can happen.

I'm looking forward to this. I participated last year as well. I have enough long time pen pals and write enough letters as it is that this shouldn't be a chore or a challenge. I also like to try and send one a day and 2 on mondays... and I like to send full letters not just jotting down notes... So I am inked up and ready to go and will write tomorrow's letters today in front of the superbowl!

One of my hobbies is photography so I like to make my own photo cards for use in my correspondence...

cheers

skip

What stationery is everyone using?

My 100gsm paper, Clairefontaine Triomphe, and maybe the occasional Rhodia. I got some postcards in the spirit of Valentine's Day too :D

As for the pens, it'll be a Parker 45 (inked with Kung Te-Cheng, to survive even the Apocalypse B) ) mainly. For a change, maybe the TWSBI Diamond 580RB inked with Icelandic Minty Bathwater, or my trusty M200 inked with Noodler's Black.

~Epic

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1348/557449480_2f02cc3cbb_m.jpg http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

A sincere man am I
From the land where palm trees grow,
And I want before I die
My soul's verses to bestow.

All those moments will be lost in time.
Like tears in rain.
Time to die.

I've fallen off the bandwagon already...

It doesn't have to be one a day....

I have counting two going out today five I think.... One to someone on this thread blINk and the others to pen pals who I needed to respond to anyway. Two of those arrived last week of January and were completed and mailed this week.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I've fallen off a bit, too. I can't find my stationary, so I'll be scouring the house in search of it. I may have to just send out correspondence cards (which feels like cheating since they're just the one card!) But they're better than nothing!

Time to search the forums for good stationary vendors.

- The poster formerly known as HollyGolightly

My stationery consists mainly of HP 32lb laserjet paper. I bought a ream of it, so I'll probably never run out...

Debbie

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

Hello, I have been an active participant in INCoWri, for several years and I'm always looking for additional people to write to. PM me for my address.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I was pleasantly surprised to find some FP-friendly postcards yesterday - one of them looks a lot like my yard in the spring, so I bought several and mailed them. Now that I know how nice they are, I'll buy a bunch more.

Debbie

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

I got in on it a few days late, but I'm caught up now. Besides my usual pen pals, I'm just grabbing names and address from a thread on "the other forum" and from the InCoWriMo website. If anyone who sees this wants to write me, PM me and I'll send you my address.

Until you ink a pen, it is merely a pretty stick. --UK Mike

My arsenal, in order of acquisition: Sailor 21 Pocket Pen M, Cross Solo M, Online Calligraphy, Monteverde Invincia F, Hero 359 M, Jinhao X450 M, Levenger True Writer M, Jinhao 159 M, Platinum Balance F, TWSBI Classic 1.1 stub, Platinum Preppy 0.3 F, 7 Pilot Varsity M disposables refillables, Speedball penholder, TWSBI 580 USA EF, Pilot MR, Noodler's Ahab 1.1 stub, another Preppy 0.3, Preppy EF 0.2, ASA Sniper F, Click Majestic F, Kaweco Sport M, Pilot Prera F, Baoer 79 M (fake Starwalker), Hero 616 M (fake Parker), Jinhao X750 Shimmering Sands M . . .

31 and counting :D

DaveBj

I was overwhelmed by InCoWriMo last year, so I didn't post my address this year. However, I am participating by sending letters semi-randomly to folks who share theirs. The goal is at least 28 letters and I just dropped #20 in the mail, so I think I will make it. And this year I am using my assortment of "odd" papers--gift stationery, hotel stationer, paper samples, etc. It's fun!

http://katexic.com/clippings/

Love interesting words? Curious links? Great writing? Subscribe to the free, thrice weekly Katexic Clippings newsletter!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've either got a VERY busy couple of days or I completely blew this. I was just listening to Pen Addict for early February and they mentioned Incowrimo, gah!

February has been and continues to be a terrible month, so I send an apology to all my pen pals and a request that January 2016 someone please send me a reminder.

My Pens in chronological order:

Baoer 388 - Black - M nib

Lamy AL-Star - Blue - F nib

Kaweco AL Sport - Raw aluminium - M nib

So far I've kept up and I think I'm going to make it to the end. It's been an enjoyable discipline, and I've never been so caught up on the letters I owe.

I've often thought about the days before telephones were common, never mind email etc, and so many people wrote letters and notes almost daily. Living in a large city like London, England and having several mail deliveries a day was likely the "email" of that time! You could send an invitation to dinner first thing in the morning and have a reply later that day. Not saying I want to go back there, but I like thinking of the days when letter-writing was an almost daily habit all year round for many people.

Now I must get my February 24 letter written!

Last 4 went in today's mail.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I've got two to do today, and then I will be caught up and done for the month :D

Until you ink a pen, it is merely a pretty stick. --UK Mike

My arsenal, in order of acquisition: Sailor 21 Pocket Pen M, Cross Solo M, Online Calligraphy, Monteverde Invincia F, Hero 359 M, Jinhao X450 M, Levenger True Writer M, Jinhao 159 M, Platinum Balance F, TWSBI Classic 1.1 stub, Platinum Preppy 0.3 F, 7 Pilot Varsity M disposables refillables, Speedball penholder, TWSBI 580 USA EF, Pilot MR, Noodler's Ahab 1.1 stub, another Preppy 0.3, Preppy EF 0.2, ASA Sniper F, Click Majestic F, Kaweco Sport M, Pilot Prera F, Baoer 79 M (fake Starwalker), Hero 616 M (fake Parker), Jinhao X750 Shimmering Sands M . . .

31 and counting :D

DaveBj