• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mehandiratta

• a_m

• rishminder

• mhguda

Dear All fan members

Contacted Mr. Subramaniam...

And he said... Please finalize one pen out of the any pens... And we can go ahead with group buy...

I recommend following pens:

1. TWSBI 580 DIAMOND

2. PILOT CAPLESS

3. PILOT CUSTOM 74

4. LAMY 2000

5. PELIKAN CLASSIC 205

6. ASA CRYSTAL

7. RANGA MODEL 5

8. RANGA MODEL 4C

9. NOODLERS AHAB FLEX

10. Kaweco Lilliput

11. Kaweco AL sport

12. Monteverde invincia black stealth

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

So its 3 in list...

TWSBI 580 DIAMOND

NOODLERS AHAB FLEX

KAWECO AL SPORT

Anyone else willing to add

vaibhav mehandiratta

RANGA MODEL5

RANGA MODEL 4C

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Maybe send out some PMs (in a group) to likely participants who have not seen this?

It's early days still!

Its not clear which is the pen finalized for group buy.

I put my savings to test

Lamy & Pilot FPs the Best

No more I even think of the rest

(Preference Fine and Extra Fine Nibs)

Pen is meant for writing - not for looking :-)

And if the group is proposing to buy through ASA, i would rather say we ask it to make a new pen to group specifications.

I would prefer a hooded nib ebonite with either transparent or semi transparent barrel.

Haven't seen a good hooded nib FP for long time & certainly not seen in ebonite (except in some images on FPN)

Edited by anup

I put my savings to test

Lamy & Pilot FPs the Best

No more I even think of the rest

(Preference Fine and Extra Fine Nibs)

Pen is meant for writing - not for looking :-)

And if the group is proposing to buy through ASA, i would rather say we ask it to make a new pen to group specifications.

I would prefer a hooded nib ebonite with either transparent or semi transparent barrel.

Haven't seen a good hooded nib FP for long time & certainly not seen in ebonite (except in some images on FPN)

Totally agreed

vaibhav mehandiratta

Totally agreed

Sounds good actually. I don't mind any usually unattainable pen, as long as it's not too expensive.

Sounds good actually. I don't mind any usually unattainable pen, as long as it's not too expensive.

Yes a limited edition one of a kind pen is a great idea... Lets Get the design thing rolling

Yes a limited edition one of a kind pen is a great idea... Lets Get the design thing rolling

Great idea and we may not be limited to Asapens. Fellow member Mesu works with Guider and has come up with several new designs, such as a double-tipped pen (looks like a magic wand!) and a pen that resembles one of the Nakayas. Take a look here for some pictures. We have in fact been tossing some ideas around, together with other fellow member Lexaf.

Edited to add, on behalf of Mesu:

We can look into other Guider models like the Jumbo, Marala, 3ring pen etc with the option of upgrading to a Schmidt nib? For the final round we can consolidate 2-3pens based on the interest.

Edited by mhguda

ve got some nice ideas for pen.....will share soon....if anyone else has... please do share the ideas....

vaibhav mehandiratta

A group buy is a great idea! And I second mhguda's idea of arranging the buy through Mesu, who has great judgment about quality, and through whom I've bought a good number of pens - none of them a disappointment. (No affiliation, just a happy customer).

I vote for her Onyx model - the one reminiscent of the Nakaya (see my review of it in the Pens forum ("India: The Onyx Custom-Made," January 1, 2015). I'd be happy to buy another one - for myself (or as a gift, if I can let go of it ... )