Amazon Glitch? Vendor Error?

Guernseytim

Maybe not. Within the terms of your contract, the consideration you have paid is £17.20. That's what you can sue for.

I won't be suing anybody. I'm British, not American. I will however ensure, should their offer be disingenuous, that I get my money back and I'll then leave bad feedback which could impact their future short-term sales.

It's a punt that's worth taking, for me. I cannot afford an M600 at full price and I'd like to think there's a slim chance that this company are genuine.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Guernseytim

• Chrissy

• stoof2010

• Left FPN

I thought I would have a gamble on this for some amusement really. If it doesn't pan out I will have lost a few pounds if I don't chase it up to get a refund. If I get a pen out of it, it will be something of a bargain though!

I'm not a gambler but its worth a try just for the fun of it! :)

Definitely - at least there's a few of us in it for the ride :)

I am not a gambler... but I will be willing to bet that you either received a converter, or the order will be cancelled.

I do believe in mistakes... Once, I got a $100 keyboard for $1... Price error at BestBuy... but I was there when they put it on display... I grabbed one... wondering if it was correct... paid for it (in disbelief) and on my way out... I heard how the manager was instructing the staff to remove the keyboards from display. So, yep.... it was a mistake and I just happen to be at the right place at the right time.

So yes, it happens... but on this instance, there are many opportunities for the seller to realize the mistake and correct it, so I don't think you will get the pen.

Good luck in any case...

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Well the idiots at this company have just emailed me saying that the item does not come in a box as its a converter and not a pen.

I've advised them of my displeasure at their customer service team yesterday not resolving this prior to dispatch and have advised that I'll expect a full refund for the item and all the postage.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out as the postage will work out as much as the item.

If you have pending orders it'll be worth canceling them.

A complaint will be sent to Amazon.

The listing is down again. I've just had another response from the vendor after I'd observed that they'd put it back up yesterday knowing it to be incorrect and 'potentially' misleading. They insist its "another error" and "a messed up listing" which I just can't accept.

Another call to Amazon this evening, but their response to my earlier complaint was shrouded in "confidentiality" (utter tripe!) so they were unable to divulge any facts. I honestly don't think they get it. That, or the Marketplace is so huge they just can't control it in real time.

Montblanc Classique 145, Waterman Laureat, Waterman Hemisphere, Lamy Safari

Two years ago an ebayer was selling 2 Waterman Edson Sapphire fountain pens. Their normal retail value then was over £600 each, he purchased them for £60 each and the company honoured the purchase. He sold each on ebay for £350 describing precisely how he had come by them and why they were so cheap. He made a few bob and the buyers saved a few bob.

Well the idiots at this company have just emailed me saying that the item does not come in a box as its a converter and not a pen.

No surprises there... ;)

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

I have just emailed them to confirm what it is and if its not a pen to cancel my order but if it is a pen can I buy all that remain.

Order cancelled :D

But it was a bit of fun while it lasted.

Thanks for the heads up :)

Edited by Force

My order has also been cancelled via e-mail and no charge has been made against the purchase. The pen is now available for £99.99 from the same seller and via a link in the same e-mail received. Is £99.99 still cheap for one of these pens?

What larks!

My Instagram page.

Amazon marketplace have just cancelled my order prior to dispatch. No reason given but as the item had yet to be dispatched the transaction isn't complete and so no onus ion the company to do anything else. Never mind, it was a fun game while it lasted.

i've had words with amazon, advising them about issues regarding false advertising and the ASA's stance on special offers.

Apparently it was 100% amazon's (bleep)-up.

£100 is good, but i don't have that sort of money. living offshore i don't get these import duties nor VAT :-)

I thought all Guernseyans were miylonares...

btw, we're guernsey donkeys - don't ask why!

If I order from Europe or wherever but have the item shipped to me in the US, do I need to pay the VAT still?

Edited by stoof2010

-Stefan

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk245/WIKKID85/me/pen%20stuff/SnailBadge.png

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk245/WIKKID85/me/pen%20stuff/unnamed.jpg