Amazon Glitch? Vendor Error?

Guernseytim

I have also spoken to Amazon about this seller. The seller team are looking at this with a view to removing the item and I'll follow it up again tomorrow. People are often wise to this sort of dishonesty on fleabay, but Amazon is often seen as a trusted place to buy from safely.

Montblanc Classique 145, Waterman Laureat, Waterman Hemisphere, Lamy Safari

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Guernseytim

• Chrissy

• stoof2010

• Left FPN

Through Amazon I bought a parker duofold, marked at £300+, for £60.

You can get great deals but this would be exceptional.

I've just spoken to Amazon customer support who have assured me I'll reveive what I ordered.

I've just spoken to Amazon customer support who have assured me I'll reveive what I ordered.

Shame they won't post to Australia ... For the price of postage + pen, I would happily try to see if I got what I ordered.

Well I've taken the punt. They sell Pelikan fountain pens so it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

Amazon have given me assurances I won't be left out of pocket - I have a copy of the chat transcript too.

Amazon have just phoned me. If someone places an order for a Marketplace item, then Amazon send the order to the seller and say the order has been placed, are they accepting it? Then the seller has the option of completing the order or cancelling it.

I suspect I can imagine what they would do in this case.

Amazon have just phoned me. If someone places an order for a Marketplace item, then Amazon send the order to the seller and say the order has been placed, are they accepting it? Then the seller has the option of completing the order or cancelling it.

I suspect I can imagine what they would do in this case.

I'm anticipating my order being rejected. We shall see.

I've contacted the vendor asking whether it comes boxed - apparently it doesn't.

This makes it seem like they are confirming its a fountain pen...

http://i60.tinypic.com/29f6o7s.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/jpv32f.jpg

I'm suspicious that they deliberately refer to "the item" rather than following your lead in calling it a fountain pen.

Maybe it's just my suspicious mind & that I investigate stuff for a living...? I cancelled my order pronto.

I'm yet to receive any reply to my comments sent to the vendor via Amazon Marketplace. Given the nature of my comments, if this was genuine I'd have expected robust denial and rebuttal.

I know what you mean katana. I've done all correspondence through amazon's system so communications are fully recorded as evidence for a potential dispute.

I've just received a response from the vendor indicating

"this page is messed up since the item number is for the converter but the information is for the pen

We have now removed our listing from this page.

Thank you"

I thought the M600 was a piston filler, so how did that happen...?

It is a piston filler.

I think the asin number relates to a pen in Europe but a converter in the US. I'm not certain.

My point being, this pen would be unlikely to have "a converter" available for it. It all points towards deliberate deception, in my opinion.

I've asked for specific confirmation that this is a pen and not a converter.

My order is currently "preparing for dispatch"

I'm awaiting a response :)

The description was in writing. Contracts are in writing, not pictures. Once you have ordered on the basis of a written description, and the vendor has accepted your order, then you should get what you have mutually agreed you are buying. The picture - if any - should be for illustrative purposes only. I would expect the written description to take precedence.

But of course we'll have to see what happens in practice.

Funnily enough, this listing on Amazon is now live again!

This is quite bizarre.

I was searching for an M600 and noticed the advert. Decided to come on FPN to make a topic and came across this.

Wonder if it's worth taking a punt since it's only £17 with postage. Then again, I don't want to spend £17 on a converter and deal with the hassle of refunds and sending it back.