February 2015 Ann Arbor Pen Posse Meeting............

Wolverine1

We are meeting this Sunday, the 22nd!!!!:)

Looking forward to seeing all of you there, at Sweetwaters Cafe on Plymouth Road. I will be there at approx. 1.30pm, Keith will also be there early, I think.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wolverine1

• Amit37

• s_t_e_v_e

• stoof2010

We are meeting this Sunday, the 22nd!!!! :)

Looking forward to seeing all of you there, at Sweetwaters Cafe on Plymouth Road. I will be there at approx. 1.30pm, Keith will also be there early, I think.

Can't wait!

Sorry for not replying earlier. I will indeed be there early! Looking forward to it.

FYI, I am bringing a few bottles of my less used inks to see if any one is interested in trading. Included is a 60-70% full bottle of the infamous J. Herbin Stormy Grey (I decanted a lot of samples)...

See you there!!

I will be at the Cafe along with Keith a bit early around 1.30pm., getting a few tables and chairs together. Looking forward to seeing you all!!!! :)

My quiet but firmly set plans to attend have fallen apart.

Please keep us updated about the next time.

(was happily anticipating a good cup of coffee too)

... and a stormy samples there too.. :o

... and I have a few to rehome also, one is a Carene LE, also 78G's, a snorkel, Maybe a Solo. Down to my last few. Maybe Esties, though they may be worth more now ; ) the blue stickered stays - maybe a nib trade to something special?

<--really wants to be there.

Edited by pen2paper

Hello Steve,

Although I do not have Mylar paper, I use 12000 grit micro mesh for nib smoothing myself and would be happy to bring that along to try.

Best,

Amit

Hello everyone,

Looking forward to meeting everyone soon! I'm looking for a good blue-black ink that is true to its name. If any of you could recommend your preferred blue-black or probably bring some samples (last minute, I know!), I would appreciate it! I've tried Waterman Blue-Black which is nice but tends towards green and Sheaffer Blue-Black which tends towards a gray.

Thanks,

Amit

Amit, I have a PR midnight blue which is sort of blue black. I'll get it along so you can try it.

Hello everyone,

Looking forward to meeting everyone soon! I'm looking for a good blue-black ink that is true to its name. If any of you could recommend your preferred blue-black or probably bring some samples (last minute, I know!), I would appreciate it! I've tried Waterman Blue-Black which is nice but tends towards green and Sheaffer Blue-Black which tends towards a gray.

Thanks,

Amit

A big thank you to everyone who braved the cold and came to the meet-up yesterday.

It was great to see some of the regular attenders, as well as some new faces. It is always fun to meet new people. Obviously we missed 00Photo, but we hope he was celebrating his birthday doing something fun.

I spoke with Wolverine1 and Sid is feeling better, and is looking forward to joining us next time.

For those of you who get a chance to read this, what is your idea as to the best interval for regular meetings? Every month? Every other month? Every quarter? Let me know, and I'll try to keep us on track with more regular meetings.

Regards,

Keith

We really enjoyed seeing everyone - familiar faces and new ones - yesterday. And of course all the lovely pens and inks. Thanks to Sid and Keith for organizing!

Not sure we could make it every month, especially during the school year, but that's due as much or more to work and other commitments as to frequency, so we might not be able to make every quarter, either. It mostly depends on particular dates, for us. Which I guess is a long way of saying that I'm not sure it matters to us how often we meet; we'll try to be there when we can, and we won't make it when we can't.

Jenny

"To read without also writing is to sleep." - St. Jerome

It was a real pleasure to meet every one of you! Even though I was sorely late to the meeting, I hope to get to meet Sid and get to know everyone better as time goes on. I am not sure what the past meeting schedules were like, but a monthly meeting works well. Of course, as Jenny had mentioned, particular dates and availability of group members would have to be sorted out first.

Best,

Amit

Amit, perhaps a mix of Aurora Blue & Black? Both are very nice colors.

Both of Aurora's colors are splendid, but I haven't tried my hand at ink mixing yet. Thanks for the suggestion though; I may try it!

What a wonderful time. Everybody is so nice, I didn't want it to end. Thank you all for sharing so many pens and inks. It is always great to see everyone and just talk to people who share a common interest.

Also, info for Keith... the boss says yes :)

Sam O

"A fountain pen with a bad nib is like a Ferrari with a flat tyre..." - Brian Gray, Edison pens

Great to see everybody -- another excellent time. Sid, get well soon.

For me, every month is a bit too much. Every other month or quarterly seems better.

knew it would go well... nice folks, common interest-enthusiasm.

test drives of related products - holding pen shapes and weights, observing nibs that work best for you is a great sharing opportunity that helps others discern which is their best choices, avoiding costly mistakes.

last two Sat, or any Sunday works for me with a month's notice to adjust work/meetings.