Green Striated 146

PabloAU

Just putting this out into the universe in the dim hope that someone out there hears...

Montblanc, if you were so kind as to re-release the green striated 146 you may have my moneys and/or one (or possibly both) of my kidneys. Please and thank you. :D

Seriously, how gorgeous was this pen?! I'm actually surprised that it hasn't had a recent re-release. Surely I'm not the only one smitten by this pen...

Edited by PabloAU

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zaddick

• da vinci

• Opooh

• jamesgibby

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Get in line behind the "we want another 139" folks. :)

I agree it is a lovely pen though. I'd like it in the modern 146 size.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Contact Max on the forum. He has some old striated green celluloid and basically gets vintage 50's parts and builds them new. I have seen them in pictures and they absolutely stunning from a true "artisan" recommended by MB itself!

PoA: Copernicus; JP Morgan  WE: Hemingway; Proust; Dickens; Mann; Twain; Swift  149's: 1986 2 tone; 75th 1924 LE; 90th Anniversary; Platinum; Kingsman Edition; Calligraphy 

146 Solitaire: Hematite; Gold & Black; Silver Fibre Guilloche.

Misc: 234 1/2L; Boheme Medium size non-retractable BB nib; Starwalker FP & RB; Montblanc Newson (Matt)

Want to Buy MB 129, 139 , 138 136  & 149 Silver Rings or Special Nibs

They are wonderful pens - I have the 142 version - but has the passage of time meant that a cure for the ambering of the barrel been found? I am assuming it has something to do with the properties of the celluloid reacting to the hand so it probably cannot be fixed. I would be devastated if I had a "brand new" pen that went amber...

Contact Max on the forum. He has some old striated green celluloid and basically gets vintage 50's parts and builds them new. I have seen them in pictures and they absolutely stunning from a true "artisan" recommended by MB itself!

See here: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/264057-146-green-striated/

We also had discussions with MB in the past (old members "varmas", "Fredrydr", "Niksch" etc were the front men..) about bringing back the Green Striated. Got as far as trying to source the green striated celluloid from current manufacturers....eventually MB said no. There was a thread here in FPN maybe 5-6 years ago, or longer, concerning this effort (can't find the archived link for it now). We even had a "pre-payment list" going since the production of this re-issue would have been really limited in numbers. Ahhhh.......those were the days of the MB Forum in FPN... :unsure:

Rick

MY-stair-shtook eyn-HOON-dairt noyn und FEART-seeg (Meisterstuck #149)

"the last pen I bought is the next to the last pen I will ever buy.."---jar

WTB: Sheaffer OS Balance with FLEX nibs

porkopolispennerslogorev1.jpg

Porkopolis Penners Blog

I was lucky to get one of the green striated 149 from Max, absolutely stunning pen. Unfortunately, his stock of rods was limited, so production was very limited.

See here: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/264057-146-green-striated/

We also had discussions with MB in the past (old members "varmas", "Fredrydr", "Niksch" etc were the front men..) about bringing back the Green Striated. Got as far as trying to source the green striated celluloid from current manufacturers....eventually MB said no. There was a thread here in FPN maybe 5-6 years ago, or longer, concerning this effort (can't find the archived link for it now). We even had a "pre-payment list" going since the production of this re-issue would have been really limited in numbers. Ahhhh.......those were the days of the MB Forum in FPN... :unsure:

Rick

Dear Rick,

hopefully something like this can be revived. We were so close then MB threw the spanner in the works. Those were the days indeed.

Stay well my friend,

Solomon

WTB: Unusual and prototype Sheaffer Connaisseurs, Grande Connaisseurs and Parker Premiers.

What happened to Niksch? He used to be on the forum back in the day but haven't seen anything from him in months!

PoA: Copernicus; JP Morgan  WE: Hemingway; Proust; Dickens; Mann; Twain; Swift  149's: 1986 2 tone; 75th 1924 LE; 90th Anniversary; Platinum; Kingsman Edition; Calligraphy 

146 Solitaire: Hematite; Gold & Black; Silver Fibre Guilloche.

Misc: 234 1/2L; Boheme Medium size non-retractable BB nib; Starwalker FP & RB; Montblanc Newson (Matt)

Want to Buy MB 129, 139 , 138 136  & 149 Silver Rings or Special Nibs

I was lucky to get one of the green striated 149 from Max, absolutely stunning pen. Unfortunately, his stock of rods was limited, so production was very limited.

Do you still have the pen? Can you post s picture for us to drool over? Please...

I found the picture of the 149 from Max. That is the only one he made (unless he made more before 2014). I am even more in awe than before.

Amazing pen.

Do you still have the pen? Can you post s picture for us to drool over? Please...

Of course, I hope to take the pics next WE. As far as I know Max made 3 149ers and 1 146er

What happened to Niksch? He used to be on the forum back in the day but haven't seen anything from him in months!

AFAIK, I believe he decided to step away from FPN for a while. Not sure where else he was hanging out...

That would be the thread...wow already 6 years ago for that....

AFAIK, I believe he decided to step away from FPN for a while. Not sure where else he was hanging out...

Niksch is alive and well. Just not into pens as much these days. On to different things in life. He does send his regards to the forum!

Rick

MY-stair-shtook eyn-HOON-dairt noyn und FEART-seeg (Meisterstuck #149)

"the last pen I bought is the next to the last pen I will ever buy.."---jar

WTB: Sheaffer OS Balance with FLEX nibs

porkopolispennerslogorev1.jpg

Porkopolis Penners Blog

Niksch is alive and well. Just not into pens as much these days. On to different things in life. He does send his regards to the forum!

Rick

Glad to hear that. When I first joined FPN, he was like a 'guru' - ie. he seemed to know everything about the pens I loved and generously gave out information and advice on repairs and maintenance etc. (He also had a very impressive collection of vintage Montblanc pens, iirc.)

Thanks.

I spoke to the original source at the 2015 Philadelphia Pen Show, and the celluloid manufacturer is D.O.A. By coincidence, for the first time, I had on my vendor table that gorgeous striated green 146 we had used for this project. Had I stayed 'til Sunday, it would have been gone. See it at Baltimore.

Fred

146 green striated, made from old parts and original MB Celluloid of the 50´s. Never filled with ink, for this reason we have no discoloration of the Celluloid. Only to show how it looks. This one is sold, but I will offer one or two others in the Mall during this week. Of course a piece like this has a price...

post-13171-0-58518300-1422297059_thumb.jpg

kind regards

Max

HANDMADE PENS : www.astoriapen.hamburg ; REPAIRSERVICE : www.maxpens.de ; by MONTBLANC recommended repair service for antique pens

146 green striated, made from old parts and original MB Celluloid of the 50´s. Never filled with ink, for this reason we have no discoloration of the Celluloid. Only to show how it looks. This one is sold, but I will offer one or two others in the Mall during this week. Of course a piece like this has a price...

attachicon.gifGreen0204.jpg

kind regards

Max

Very nice indeed! Do you make any in 144 size?

Very nice indeed! Do you make any in 144 size?

No, only if I need a spare part for a 144, like a barrel or something like this.

HANDMADE PENS : www.astoriapen.hamburg ; REPAIRSERVICE : www.maxpens.de ; by MONTBLANC recommended repair service for antique pens