How Many Pens Do You Own?

Kuscer

How many pens do you currently own?

I own 3. Yes, I know, it's super embarrassing. I just renewed my collection (which wasn't big before, either) as most of my pens broke or got stolen.

How many do you own, how many in the mail, etc.?

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• JotterAddict62

• rezwrrd

• Kuscer

I refuse to answer on the grounds that it might incriminate me. (Several hundred, but lots of them are very inexpensive or free-given-to-me-for-refurbishment). Only a handful of my collection are any sort of valuable.

6 pens. Eventually going down to 4-5 pens, because I'm definitely selling one, but don't know if I'm going to sell another. The max number of pens I've limited myself to is 10, so 6 is a pretty decent number. :)

I assume you mean fountain pens. I own 15 at this moment in time. However at one point last year I owned 22 I have given away quite a lot of fountain pens It took me a while to realize what I wanted from the hobby and many pens I never used wasn't it. I'm only buying one or two pens a year know and even know I still want to slim things down further.

I own 3. Yes, I know, it's super embarrassing. I just renewed my collection (which wasn't big before, either) as most of my pens broke or got stolen.

I wouldn't be embarrassed of only owning 3 pens as to be honest I'm slightly envious. The days when every pen I owned meant something to me seems like a distant memory.

not enough ;) around 40-50 probably

A people can be great withouth a great pen but a people who love great pens is surely a great people too...

Pens owned actually: MB 146 EF;Pelikan M200 SE Clear Demonstrator 2012 B;Parker 17 EF;Parker 51 EF;Waterman Expert II M,Waterman Hemisphere M;Waterman Carene F and Stub;Pilot Justus 95 F.

Nearly owned: MB 149 B(Circa 2002);Conway Stewart Belliver LE bracket Brown IB.

One fewer than I would like.

It's a recursive thing I've got going on.

[First post -- I've just found FPN]

Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

My Website

The pile is growing...but many of them are beaters that I'm finding, cleaning up, resaccing, and sending out to new homes. I am just learning the process of bringing life back to old pens, but it's sure rewarding to see a tired old warhorse going off to a new home and a new life!

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.

Mark Twain

I think the current count is about 80. About a third of which aren't in use because they need repairs. The total number, though, includes a couple of dead Pilot Varsities, a Preppy highlighter pen, and three brush pens (also used as highlighters).

Once the repairs are done I may start paring down the stash, particularly the Esterbrooks (I have about a dozen J family pens in different sizes and colors, plus five unattached nibs). Once those all get new sacs in them I will figure out what pen/nib combos are keepers and which aren't. For instance, I have 3 or 4 greens (mostly Js and SJs, with one Tranny). Really do NOT need that many in that color.... OTOH, I don't have a single Root Beer :( and I'd really like to get one of the darker blues at some point. And I suspect that I will eventually want to get a red J, since the one I have is going to the husband (along with his choice of EF nib).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Too many I think, but far fewer than most here I believe. I'm a user not a collector.

Small enough to list in chrono order; gathered over a span of more than 15 yrs:

- Shaeffer (Grand) Conaisseur

- Pilot Ecrino

- Aurora Talentum (black & gold, med. nib)

- Pelikan M400

- Pilot Custom 74

- Platinum 3776 w/ music nib

- Pilot VP fine

- Noodler's Ahab

- Pilot VP medium

- Noodlers Konrad

- Cross Bailey (gifted, surprisingly nice pen which I would have never bought)

This does not count the fp's I use for calligraphy which I consider separately because I don't carry them or use them in the workaday grind.

3 Rotring Artpens 2.7, 2.3 & 1.9

Lamy Safari 1.1

Osmiroid 2.4 (old discontinued English model)

Reform Calligraphy pen 2.3

Kaweco Sport Calligraphy set

2 pens I still want:

Pilot/Namiki Falcon broad

Pilot Custom 823

I promise myself I'll stop buying non-calligraphy fp's after I get those 2.

The prizes of life are never to be had without trouble - Horace
Kind words do not cost much, yet they accomplish much - Pascal

You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Favorite shop:https://www.fountainpenhospital.com