805 Stresemann

RobertJRB

I ordered one with an EF nib, along with matching ballpoint( I like sets) from Iguanasell about 3 weeks ago. They got the ballpoint but are having trouble getting the EF nib.

Regards

Jeff

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jkingrph

• whichwatch

• sargetalon

• abstract49

I ordered mine from John Mottishaw while he was working on a couple of my other Pelikans at the LA Show. (using one of them as the example for how I wanted the Stresemann done)

I received it last week, and it is fantastic. The combination of colors makes me think that I'm viewing it in black and white. It is a very cool effect.

greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

OK, counting me there are four of us who would pop for one of these in a smaller size. That's a large enough sample to justify a production run of a few thousand, ... isn't it?

What I would like to see is an M400 sized model with a sterling silver cap and turning knob like the earlier M420.

Just got my Stresemann back from Mike with the factory EF reground to Sailor F size. My precioussss 😈

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Mine just picked up by UPS at Iguana sell in Madrid this morning and is scheduled for delivery Thursday, two day from now. If that happens I will be amazed.

Regards

Jeff

OK, counting me there are four of us who would pop for one of these in a smaller size. That's a large enough sample to justify a production run of a few thousand, ... isn't it?

Me five. If it is a standard release, it makes sense to expand it across the sizes. While they're at it, they could do the same with the clear demos with rhodium trim. I would spring for that!

Mine just picked up by UPS at Iguana sell in Madrid this morning and is scheduled for delivery Thursday, two day from now. If that happens I will be amazed.

That's where I got mine, they supplied the tracking number, watched its travel, and it was in my hand in about 48 hours. I have nothing but good things to say about Iguana Sell!

That's where I got mine, they supplied the tracking number, watched its travel, and it was in my hand in about 48 hours. I have nothing but good things to say about Iguana Sell!

Their communications has been nothing but excellent. I wanted the matching ballpoint and they got it first and held it until the EF nib pen arrived. I have been watching the tracking and see it arriced at Kohn, Germany at 12:54 ( I presume local time) on Mar 25. If it makes it here to rural E. Texas that will be some efficient shipping.

Back in 1972 when my wife and I were transferred to Turkey, we were newlyweds and did not have a lot in the way of household goods. They were packed up in two bit wooden crates, trucked from Warner Robins Ga to Dover, Del then actually put on a big USAF cargo plane that had nowhere near a full load and was flow to Ankara, Turkey, put on a train to Izmir where we were stationed. It took us just over 4 weeks to get our goods. I got to know the transportation officer in Izmir, a civilian and he said he watched for those lightly oaded aircraft and used them to lower shipping costs for the govt. Road and train portions took up most of the time on that shipment, Coming back it took about 9 weeks if I remember correctly

Update , It arrived in Philadelphia at 8:47 this morning and is now in Louisville, Ky.

Edited by jkingrph

Regards

Jeff

Ordered my Stresemann from Niche Pens in Wales yesterday at 1030, B nib cusom ground to 1.1mm italic, arrived today in Cheltenham at 1035m now inked with Diamine Silver Fox, fabulous pen fantastic service, cannot recommend Niche Pens with any higher praise!!

Now watching reburial of King Richard 111 in real time, while discovering my new Pelikan, what a fantastic day!!

Got mine from Mottishaw a few days ago. No pics; enough have been posted already. I do love its looks and feel. And by feel, I mean the size, heft, balance, and writing experience. I have large hands, and I like the 800 & 1000 sizes.

Has anyone else noticed this? Some sites, Pelikan's included, show it in a round presentation box, with a bottle of Edelstein ink, pen itself in a white leather pouch. Mine came from CFP in just the pouch, no presentation box or ink.

Got mine from Mottishaw a few days ago. No pics; enough have been posted already. I do love its looks and feel. And by feel, I mean the size, heft, balance, and writing experience. I have large hands, and I like the 800 & 1000 sizes.

Has anyone else noticed this? Some sites, Pelikan's included, show it in a round presentation box, with a bottle of Edelstein ink, pen itself in a white leather pouch. Mine came from CFP in just the pouch, no presentation box or ink.

Dealers have to purchase the presentation boxes separately. Some save money by going a cheaper route. Others pass the extra cost onto the customer. The boxes that these pens have been arriving in has been variable from what I've heard. That big round one is a bit pricey.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Dealers have to purchase the presentation boxes separately. Some save money by going a cheaper route. Others pass the extra cost onto the customer. The boxes that these pens have been arriving in has been variable from what I've heard. That big round one is a bit pricey.

Presentation boxes are nice but what do you do with them after you start to use the pen? If you are not careful you could have a loft full of empty boxes (like me).

Peter

Presentation boxes are nice but what do you do with them after you start to use the pen? If you are not careful you could have a loft full of empty boxes (like me).

That's my dilemma too but I hate to throw them away. I can only imagine the storage headache a big round one would actually bring me.

Edited by sargetalon

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Mine arrived a few minutes ago from IguanaSell . Just under 46 hours, Madrid to E. Texas. I never thought it would happen. I have had items coming from Oklahoma take longer, via UPS.

Regards

Jeff

That's my dilemma too but I hate to throw them away. I can only imagine the storage headache a big round one would actually bring me.

I have a large-ish box and a smaller one or two in a closet, with nothing in them but pen boxes, from simple and small to the Visconti Divine Proportion and the C-S Churchill (cigar and all). The round one would present a problem at that!

I have a large-ish box and a smaller one or two in a closet, with nothing in them but pen boxes, from simple and small to the Visconti Divine Proportion and the C-S Churchill (cigar and all). The round one would present a problem at that!

No problem storing the round one. It comes in a rectangular cardboard outer box and is as easy to store as any other rectangular box. Mine is nicely packed in a closet along with the other 50 or so I have in there. :-)

http://www.fototime.com/%7B1313D254-6C1E-4EA3-9736-C56A201C5591%7D/origpict/DSCN8021.JPG

http://www.fototime.com/%7B7342545B-EA87-48FD-90DC-B4F10FA149D1%7D/origpict/DSCN8022.JPG

http://www.fototime.com/%7BDCD91E1B-EBA9-4713-A547-139899278192%7D/origpict/DSCN8023.JPG

The Stresemann is a simply gorgeous pen! Very subtle in its elegance, but very distinguished. I quite like the M800 size (and even have a M1000 on the way :P ), but I agree they should make this in smaller sizes. Since I think it is going to be a regular production colour, why not introduce it in the smaller pens, too?

Will Pelikan bring out the Stressman in the M1000 size too