805 Stresemann

RobertJRB

Just wow, what a beauty!!!

Knew there was a silver nib M800 comming, but never expected such a beauty :)

And I thought I was done after the Pelikan Gaudi.... :P

http://www.pelikan.com/pulse/Pulsar/en_US_INTL.FWI.displayShop.203919./souveraen-805-stresemann

And a picture from pelikan:

http://www.pelikan.com/pulse/__v128/vfs-public/exclusive/products/souveraen/souveraen-805-stresemann/souveraen-m805-stresemann-normal.png

Pelikan nut

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jkingrph

• whichwatch

• sargetalon

• abstract49

I think that this will be a time when the pen will look better in person as it reflects the various light. I have one on order, I have mentioned many times that such a stripe choice would be a stunner.

I wish that these were coming out in a small size than M800. They certainly look very classy and elegant. But I tried someone's 800 a couple of years ago, and it was a bit on the large size for my smallish hands. :(

If they made these as an M400 I'd be starting the Christmas fund jar *now*....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I wish that these were coming out in a small size than M800. They certainly look very classy and elegant. But I tried someone's 800 a couple of years ago, and it was a bit on the large size for my smallish hands. :(

If they made these as an M400 I'd be starting the Christmas fund jar *now*....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

My thoughts (almost) exactly. I prefer the 600 range. 800 is just a touch too large.

• 1 month later...

Great looking pen! Rich color!!

:)

"Celebrating Eight Years of Retail Writing Excellence"

"When, in the course of writing events, in becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal"

Federalist Pens and Paper (Online Pen Store)

facelogobooks.png.7b61776c10ce24852b00693f4005dc72.png

Use Forum Code "FPN" at Checkout to Receive an Additional 5% Discount!

Beautiful indeed. Got to see a few at the Baltimore show and was very happy to see that they look just as good in person.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

That is a real beautiful pen, now I have to find something to do to reward myself with such a prize :-)

I'm hanging on really hoping they'll do one in the M600 size - or even M400, either would suit me better .... Are you listening, please, Pelikan???

Edited by bbs

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

OK, counting me there are four of us who would pop for one of these in a smaller size. That's a large enough sample to justify a production run of a few thousand, ... isn't it?

OK, counting me there are four of us who would pop for one of these in a smaller size. That's a large enough sample to justify a production run of a few thousand, ... isn't it?

I would also go for a smaller one, but as to justification of a production run, looking at the comments about the new nib choices, there are more people who would pop for decent vintage style nibs across the range of pens.

This hasn't happened, so the chance of getting one in smaller size is probably even slimmer. ;)

I would also go for a smaller one, but as to justification of a production run, looking at the comments about the new nib choices, there are more people who would pop for decent vintage style nibs across the range of pens.

This hasn't happened, so the chance of getting one in smaller size is probably even slimmer. ;)

Good thought: I'm in on that too, so a M600 Stressman, with a decent vintage style nib, .... shoot if we are dreaming, how about a medium right oblique ground to CI. I would surely buy one of these and I have no doubt that as many as 11 others world wide would follow suit. What's wrong with these people (?) can't they see a market opportunity when it is right in front of them?

The Stresemann is a simply gorgeous pen! Very subtle in its elegance, but very distinguished. I quite like the M800 size (and even have a M1000 on the way :P ), but I agree they should make this in smaller sizes. Since I think it is going to be a regular production colour, why not introduce it in the smaller pens, too?

Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel.

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

Just ordered mine, I couldn't resist. I for one am happy with this size choice. I find the nib on the m1000 too springy and anything under an m800 far too small.

I got mine about a week ago. EF nib, love it!

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

Sigmund Freud (Possibly spurious but good nonetheless)

Lucky duck. My local pen store was told they were out of stock of EF nibs for the Stresemann at the distributor level, and they might get some more in at the beginning of April. Sigh.

Trying to decide between the Stresemann and the Montegrappa DC Comics Penguin

Edited by hsianloon