What Notepad Or Notebook?

mehandiratta

Dear fellow members

I was using matrix spiral notebook earlier and currently iam using soft bound classmate notebooks... I was certainly liked classmate notebooks better than the matrix spiral notebooks...

However i would like to know from all

1. What notepad you are using?

2. How much it costs?

3. Purchased from?

4. Will you recommend it?

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mehandiratta

• hari317

• dinuraj

• rishminder

I use Paperkraft notebooks of ITC. The paper is 70gsm and cones with concepts... Its slightly expensive than Classmate but the paper and look is better...

Dear fellow members

I was using matrix spiral notebook earlier and currently iam using soft bound classmate notebooks... I was certainly liked classmate notebooks better than the matrix spiral notebooks...

However i would like to know from all

1. What notepad you are using?

2. How much it costs?

3. Purchased from?

4. Will you recommend it?

I like to use Royal executive bond A5 sized letterpads from BILT. 100gsm. Also available in A4. These I bought in bulk from landmark a few years back, maybe still available. price was approx 1re per sheet IIRC. Their 100gsm Royal Exec bond paper is available in reams also. I also love the 90gsm BILT ledger paper.

Edited by hari317

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

I like to use Royal executive bond A5 sized letterpads from BILT. 100gsm. Also available in A4. These I bought in bulk from landmark a few years back, maybe still available. price was approx 1re per sheet IIRC. Their 100gsm Royal Exec bond paper is available in reams also. I also love the 90gsm BILT ledger paper.

I am planning to go your way... buy executive bond paper and get them hard bound ....

vaibhav mehandiratta

I am planning to go your way... buy executive bond paper and get them hard bound ....

In Mumbai, in some shops, you get wonderful leather bound notebooks with ledger paper with choice of unruled or ruled paper. The book is stitched in leaves and they open flat, very nice notebooks but are somewhat pricey of the order of say 225rs for 350pgs.

I am sure Nai Sarak in old Delhi has some shops selling such superb notebooks.

all the best.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

In Mumbai, in some shops, you get wonderful leather bound notebooks with ledger paper with choice of unruled or ruled paper. The book is stitched in leaves and they open flat, very nice notebooks but are somewhat pricey of the order of say 225rs for 350pgs.

Hari,

Any suggestions for shops in Bangalore selling notebooks with ledger paper? No leather for me, thanks (leather and silk gall me somehow)...

------------------------------------------------------

'Nothing' isn't impossible. I've done it all my life

http://fountainpenreviews.wordpress.com/

Hari,

Any suggestions for shops in Bangalore selling notebooks with ledger paper? No leather for me, thanks (leather and silk gall me somehow)...

maybe try at avenue road.

I've been using JK Cedar 100 GSM paper. The Mega More store in Hyderabad had them on sale a month ago for about 240 or 260 rupees per ream (500 pages).

I am moving back to India in a few months and had been wondering what to switch to from Rhodia. Thanks for all the excellent suggestions. Are these papers all very FP friendly ?

Tempus Vincit Omnia

• 3 weeks later...

What inks do you guys use?
I'm currently using Navneet notebooks and I find their quality is all over the place. Sometimes the paper is great, and sometimes it's terrible.

What inks do you guys use?

I'm currently using Navneet notebooks and I find their quality is all over the place. Sometimes the paper is great, and sometimes it's terrible.

i use majorly camlin royal blue, and camlin scarlet red and lamy turquoise...

vaibhav mehandiratta

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I use A5 or A4 notebooks from Bilt Matrix. They use something called as royal executive bond paper of 90-100gsm. And they are still pretty much available. Very fine quality smooth paper. Available in white and off white/cream colours. The off white paper comes in their hardbound "Natural" series.

The majority of the paper I write on is cheap and nasty copier paper - my employers think that paper should be printed on not written on.

My own notepads, I tend to buy A4 and A5 Cambridge Business spiral bound notepads - they are lovely 80gsm pages that I have spilled ink on and they still did not have bleed through.

I tend to buy them when they are on offer at different retailers and store them in my stationary chest at home until needed.

Not sure what the availability outside of the UK is but if you run across them they are well worth a buy.

A4 size 75gsm paper which is free. So i just need to get it bind. So i pay Rs. 30 for each such binding and get almost 250 pages in that.