Inky T O D - Color Swatches - Blue/black - Please Post Your Pictures And Tell Us Your Thoughts

JimCouch

I was surprised to not find a samples topic for my favorite in color - Blue/Black. So here it is, post your Blue/Black swatches & thoughts here!

Jim Couch

Portland, OR

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• Tas

• Sailor Kenshin

Don't have any photos, but my favorite blue/black is Iroshizuku Shin-kai, which is really more of a grey/blue. I like it because it has none of the green/teal cast of so many blue/blacks.

Another nice blue/black is De Atramentis Sherlock Holmes.

My real preference is for really dark blues, like Diamine Anniversary Regency Blue.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

OH dear, you are totally right!

So, please post up some pictures, scans or samples of your blue inks in action! We aren't looking for a real review or comparison, just a quick snap shot or slice of life image that shows the ink on paper and tell us what you like about it.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2015-Inklings/2015-Ink_0019.JPG

BTW, Blue was here.

Brown was there.

Red was in the woods.

Did you ask about violet (or was it vioLeNt) purples?

Green was leafing us.

Orange is bouncing around.

Black is back.

Here be Pink.

Yellow is Spot On.

Jim says we must share our Black-n-Blues or was it Blue-Blacks?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Colors/Blue-Black/Iro-Shin_Kai.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Colors/Blue-Black/2014-Ink_597-Iro_Tsuki-Yo.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Colors/Blue-Black/2014-Ink_377.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Colors/Blue-Black/2014-Ink_576-Noodlers_54thM.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Colors/Blue-Black/2014-Ink_264.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Colors/Blue-Black/2014-Ink_223.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Colors/Blue-Black/2014-Ink_195.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Colors/Blue-Black/2014-Ink_160.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Colors/Blue-Black/2014-Ink_100.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Colors/Blue-Black/2014-Ink_092.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Colors/Blue-Black/2014-Ink_089.jpg

And my every day ink: Dromgoole's Blue Steel.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inklings/slides/2013-Ink_747b.jpg

Jim, sorry I missed the post, but Tas is on it now!

amberleadavis,

Once again you make outstanding posts.

Thanks....

Walk in shadow / Walk in dread / Loosefish walk / As Like one dead

Udog you are too kind. Thank you.

Thanks Amberlea!

Lot's of nice samples here. Beginning to think I should not have started this thread, my ink list just got longer!

I knew I liked the Starry Night (can hardly wait until it is available again!)

The ShinKai is gorgeous! Liking the 54th Mass Noodlers as well!

Jim Couch

Portland, OR