Montblanc Ballpoint

osmel2489

Hello everyone,

So I've been wanting for a while now get a Mont Blanc ballpoint or rollerball. Just because my line of work does not allow me to use fountain pens because of the bleed through on the paper. I currently have a montblanc 146 fountain pen that I would be willing to sell or even trade for a ballpoint.

In your opinion, which one is better a ballpoint or rollerball. I love smooth gel like writing.

What are your thoughts and is anyone willing to trade or something that.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• osmel2489

• Studio97

• 2brothers

• orfew

Can't speak for MB refills specifically, but I'd go with rollerball, especially if you're already a FP user. Though it really depends on the paper itself, since sometimes it behaves very much like FP ink on glossy surfaces or very thin paper.

Rollerball and gel ink seems to vary pretty widely depending on brand, but it seems like all ballpoints essentially write the same, with that waxy ink.

10 years on PFN! I feel old, but not as old as my pens.

Inked up: Wing Sung 618 - BSB / PFM III - Kiri-same / Namiki Falcon - Storia Fire / Lamy 2000 - Fuyu-gaki / Sheaffer Triumph - Eclat de Saphir

I agree, I was leaning towards the rollerball, I personally like the way gel writes my daily pen on the field is a Parker hotter with a gel refill.

I'm enjoying my MontBlanc RB refill in my holds-most-any-refill pen. I can only imagine that you'd enjoy yours in an honest-to-Betsy MB pen.

"Spend all you want! We'll print more!" - B. S. (What's a Weimar?) Bernanke

I recently bought a Starwalker rollerball from a fellow Fpn'er And I love how smooth it is. I really like the Fine Blue MB refills as well as the MB Fineliner refills. I take spare refills wherever I take the pen so I can swap when I want.

I'm sure you won't have a hard time finding someone to swap your Legrand FP for a Legrand RB. Just do your research on whoever you're trading with. Don't want to hear about you getting scammed.

Good luck on your quest!

Edited by 2brothers

Todd :happycloud9:

I recently bought a Starwalker rollerball from a fellow Fpn'er And I love how smooth it is. I really like the Fine Blue MB refills as well as the MB Fineliner refills. I take spare refills wherever I take the pen so I can swap when I want.

I'm sure you won't have a hard time finding someone to swap your Legrand FP for a Legrand RB. Just do your research on whoever you're trading with. Don't want to hear about you getting scammed.

Good luck on your quest!

Thanks, hopefully i can find someone willing to do the trade.

I will have to check to see if my MB roller ball is the LeGrand. Had it a while. Whoever you trade with there should be a serial number on the pen clip ring.

I will have to check to see if my MB roller ball is the LeGrand. Had it a while. Whoever you trade with there should be a serial number on the pen clip ring.

I am a little skeptical about making a trade since i have never done one online, but definitely will have to look out for the obvious fake warnings. I would like to keep my legrande but at the same time i want to be able to give my pens more use at work since its where i spend most of my day and the paper quality there is horrible for fountain pens (bleed through and feathering).

Before you go through with a trade you need to narrow down your choices. Do you want a Meisterstuck, Starwalker, Boheme, Cruise or other? How bout the trim? Do you like platinum or gold? What about size? the Meisterstuck comes in the classic or Legrand size in both RB and BP. Keep in mind that there are also the solitaire models in silver and other materials. Some of these have a metal cap and resin body (Doue models). Some will come in silver or gold plated silver (vermeil). Maybe you want to find out what kind of offers you will get and choose amongst them.

I have several MB RBs and 3 MB Bps. I like them all. I do have to warn you that in my experience the BP refills last far longer than the RB refills. Of course RB refills can be refilled from and ink bottle with a little effort.

Edited by orfew

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

• 4 weeks later...

Ballpoint vs rollerball went with this main criteria for me, cap vs no cap. Although I just found out Ajoto uses the G2/Signo/Jetstream refills and it's a twist capless. However, if thats not your style, almost all rollerballs are capped.