Wanna Work For The Edison Pen Company? We're Hiring!

bgray

Interested in working for the Edison Pen Company? We’re looking for another full or part-time employee! (preferred full time)

I was putting some thought into the best way to find our next employee. What we do is very specific and niche. There aren’t a lot of people with “Fountain Pen Manufacturer” on their resume, so I’m not sure that Craigslist is the best option! I recently considered that our best resource for finding good employees might be our fan base! So I thought that I’d post this on our blog as well as the various pen forums to see what kind of responses we might get.

We just recently hired a great addition to our team, but our current backlog is still being stretched farther than what we like and we are seeing greater demand from our retailers. This makes room for another motivated employee.

Our location is North Central Ohio, not far from Sandusky.

While having specific skills would certainly give a candidate a leg-up, we will consider anyone with a passion for what we do. Most of the skills that are needed for pen manufacture are very specific and need to be carefully taught regardless of someone’s background. So being highly motivated, having a positive attitude, being willing to learn, and having a passion for pens are certainly the most important items that we could ask for.

That being said, skills that we would like to see in a candidate will be….

* CNC lathe and mill operating/programming skills
* CAD/CAM skills as related to lathes and mills
* Manual lathe and mill operation
* Overall fountain pen repair and maintenance skills. Nib tuning, overall understanding of quality control as related to fountain pens.
* General computer literacy, Mac and Windows (Word/Pages, Excel/Numbers, etc.)
* Overall flexibility. The job description for this position will change and evolve over the short and long term. Everyone in our shop is a “Jack of all Trades”, and we’d expect to hire the same.

You can get a rough idea as to what we do by watching these videos…
http://edisonpen.com/behind-the-scenes

Salary will be negotiable and proportionate to what the candidate can offer as related to the above skills.

Email brian@edisonpen.com if you are interested.

Thanks!

Brian at Edison

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RMN

• ______Zaphod_Beeblebrox

• bgray

• Rich L

I wish you well Brian.

If there are serious applications, they will involve personal information being revealed, so please contact Brian by PM or other conventional route & please don't publish such information in an open post.

Regards,

Richard.

What a great job .... if I only lived in Ohio.

You said it - if only - talk about a dream position!

Edited by marie9999

Brian;

One of the great perks working for Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Company is that employees get to take home 3 free pints of ice cream a day.

Will you offer a matching fringe benefit: three free pens a day?

Greg

Brian;

One of the great perks working for Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Company is that employees get to take home 3 free pints of ice cream a day.

Greg

Maybe not 3 a day, but our employees can make whatever pens they want for themselves! :)

Maybe not 3 a day, but our employees can make whatever pens they want for themselves! :)

Well that's almost worth moving for :)

What a great job .... if I only lived in Ohio.

'Bout an hour away myself - Lakewood. Would love to enquire but the commute would be prohibitive.

"What? What's that? WHAT?!!! SPEAK UP, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!" - Ludwig van Beethoven.

Brian;

Greg

3 Bic sticks?

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

I'll pack up tomorrow! Can you put me up until I find a new place to live? I'll even contribute my three pens a day back to the fold. You'll have to teach me some basics, though. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Rich

Edited by Rich L

Classic Guilloché ------------ www.argentblue.com ------------Damascus Steel

I'll pack up tomorrow! Can you put me up until I find a new place to live? I'll even contribute my three pens a day back to the fold. You'll have to teach me some basics, though. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Rich

:lticaptd:

Well, I suppose they could do with any help they could get, Rich.....

Might do some Edison based metalworks, now that CS is no more?

D.ick

~

~

D.ick

Check out the real Conway Stewart pens

http://www.bespokebritishpens.co.uk/

I know, they are piecing together the parts they got in the CS liquidation auction...

Good idea as it would be a shame to just ditch them. But it's a limited store...

D.ick

~

~

Well, I suppose they could do with any help they could get, Rich.....

Might do some Edison based metalworks, now that CS is no more?

D.ick

I've been gently pushing Brian in that direction but movement is glacial. ;) He has his reasons.

Cheers,

Rich

Edited by Rich L

Classic Guilloché ------------ www.argentblue.com ------------Damascus Steel

I believe the position is filled.

Yes, one of my correspondents on the Tuba-Euphonium Forum told me that he's starting there on Monday. How's that for a coincidence :D

Until you ink a pen, it is merely a pretty stick. --UK Mike

My arsenal, in order of acquisition: Sailor 21 Pocket Pen M, Cross Solo M, Online Calligraphy, Monteverde Invincia F, Hero 359 M, Jinhao X450 M, Levenger True Writer M, Jinhao 159 M, Platinum Balance F, TWSBI Classic 1.1 stub, Platinum Preppy 0.3 F, 7 Pilot Varsity M disposables refillables, Speedball penholder, TWSBI 580 USA EF, Pilot MR, Noodler's Ahab 1.1 stub, another Preppy 0.3, Preppy EF 0.2, ASA Sniper F, Click Majestic F, Kaweco Sport M, Pilot Prera F, Baoer 79 M (fake Starwalker), Hero 616 M (fake Parker), Jinhao X750 Shimmering Sands M . . .

31 and counting :D

DaveBj

This is a dream job. It kills me because I have most of the required experience and skills but there's no chance of getting the Mrs. to move to Ohio.

I really hope you find a candidate for your position who values the job and the company!

Todd :happycloud9:

Sold. When do I start? ;)

I have actually been toying with this idea, to the point of looking at real estate in the area (and wow is it cheap). I'll probably retire from the military this summer, and Ohio is a state that doesn't tax military retirement. I don't need a job, but do need to find something to do to keep me busy.

Edited by dneal