Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us! - 2015

RMN

Thank you so much everyone! :happy:

I like dip nibs though, I just don't really like the results yet :D

I had never seen your normal handwriting before, Attila. Very neat and controlled hand, and easy to read. I am always fascinated by people's handwriting. I think it says a lot about the person.

I've been coveting the Cigar ink but it's perpetually sold out when I go to check, and I wonder if they are ever going to bring it back in again?

The picture of the nib touching water is amazing. How did you hold the pen steady and *barely* touching the water as you took the shot? Extra paw?

Thanks!
This was a quicker note than what I usually post, but I'm happy that you like it! :happy:

The Cigar was out of stock for about 2 months before it got back in stock early this year. I really hope they'll bring it back again. I should get myself a backup bottle!
As for the pic, I used a very delicate and professional tool to hold the pen in place:
http://kephost.com/images/2015/03/26/f4efddb22eba96c91d795888ccda052e.jpg

:lol:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SNAK

• tringle

• amberleadavis

• attika89

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Most of my pens, today I have used,

Therefore a verse I have written,

which doth show the way

on the paper the ink is sitting....

post-121563-0-94861500-1427395451_thumb.jpgpost-121563-0-02914600-1427395454_thumb.jpgpost-121563-0-36344200-1427395456_thumb.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I'm not sure I'll ever be able to use another ink in this pen.

In mine, I use Iroshizuku Yama Guri ....... A beautiful dark brown .....

Thanks Ian, it's an eyeball popping ink and matching pen. Some pens tell me what ink they want to be fed, and the Lepine pen certainly told me loudly that it wanted BSB!

Q: What is the catfish species in your avatar?

Hi SNAK

He's a Synodontis Angelicus. A species of naked catfish from central Africa.

In full light he's dark blue with pale creamy pinkish spots.

Ian

Hi SNAK

He's a Synodontis Angelicus. A species of naked catfish from central Africa.

In full light he's dark blue with pale creamy pinkish spots.

Ian

I just had to return an upside down catfish to my LFS that hitchhiked on a big gnarly driftwood I bought from them. It was heavily covered with well established anubias roots so the fish must have been hiding really well. It survived the waterless bag home and I left it out for a couple of hours in the bag too, before I went to disinfect the driftwood. I heard a sound from the bag and nearly gave me a heart attack. I had to put it straight into my hospital tank and it then surprised me again by swimming upside down and being so unusual looking. Any way, long story short, I thought your catfish may be a Syno of some kind as I saw some resemblance.

Pen: Jean Pierre Lepine "Indigo" with Swan #2 vintage 14K nib and an ebonite feed

Ink: Noodler's Baystate Blue

Paper: Tomoe River (White)

How do you fill the pen SNAK? You fill the carts direct, or do you have a convertor for it? I have a stainless Indigo. Great little pens. I would love to fill it with some of my bottled ink.

Jim Couch

Portland, OR

I just had to return an upside down catfish to my LFS that hitchhiked on a big gnarly driftwood I bought from them. It was heavily covered with well established anubias roots so the fish must have been hiding really well. It survived the waterless bag home and I left it out for a couple of hours in the bag too, before I went to disinfect the driftwood. I heard a sound from the bag and nearly gave me a heart attack. I had to put it straight into my hospital tank and it then surprised me again by swimming upside down and being so unusual looking. Any way, long story short, I thought your catfish may be a Syno of some kind as I saw some resemblance.

If they are in good health, they are hardy as they come, especially the wild caught ones.

I took my tank centrepiece out a while back to clean it, it's one of those vine/tree root type things, and after checking thoroughly that no one was still inside (it's quite a big thing) I took it out into the garden and set about it in a big bucket, with boiling water and a pot scourer as I was having a problem with hair algae.

I was at it for a good hour and a half, then left it outside for about another hour before drying it off and putting it back in the tank.

While I was manoeuvring it about over the tank, one of my top synos appeared at the entrance hole to one of the root bits before I got it back into the tank and he "dived" from the root back into the water.

He had survived a boiling water attack and 2 1/2 hours outside in the scottish winter :yikes: ....and he's still going strong yet.

The upside down caper is brilliant, I have a biggie at about 9" long and he swims about upside down all the time. My niece and nephew are young and they think it's amazing, watching him for hours on end.

Synos are top fish, they are naturally inquisitive and as silly as it sounds, they have a character of their own that other fish don't have... as you can tell....I luv em.

Ok, I've hi-jacked the thread enough. :lol:

cheers

Ian

Got a little surprise today! Tomoe River pad!
http://kephost.com/images/2015/03/27/2b6647ce815225623b3bc135ee474672.jpg

http://kephost.com/images/2015/03/27/62738ffe7cbb5e719c190256c1d74001.jpg

Penman Sapphire sheen! More than on any other paper so far.

http://kephost.com/images/2015/03/27/fa4f2ef4c582341cb3f04a101ba4a598.jpg

http://kephost.com/images/2015/03/27/5a405f0193df5e9e46f3e7c7096903fc.jpg

http://kephost.com/images/2015/03/27/787431ff7708d0eb06a0645f86d03169.jpg

Iron gall orange????? where does that come from???

Where's a 'gimme gimme gimme' emoticon when you need it!

Stompie: Check out the KWZI links in Cyber6 signature block to find out more about the ink, the ink maker, and when he's going to offer another group buy.

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

Stompie: Check out the KWZI links in Cyber6 signature block to find out more about the ink, the ink maker, and when he's going to offer another group buy.

Thanks, I sent them an email from those links.

post-99317-0-90178000-1427486272_thumb.jpg

μὴ ζήτει τὰ γινόμενα γίνεσθαι ὡς θέλεις, ἀλλὰ θέλε τὰ γινόμενα ὡς γίνεται

καὶεὐροήσεις. - Epictetus

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Another try with my new Faber-Castell Albrecht Dürer

Paper: Gerstaecker N°3 Aquarell 24x32 cm 200g/m2

Material: Faber-Castell Albrecht Dürer

Effort: about 3 Hours

16953521455_53187d4ecf_o.jpg

(Faber-Castell Albrecht Dürer)

(Pentel Waterbrush)

(Staedtler Retro 0.5 - HB)

(Tombow Mono Zero 2.3mm)

Another try with my new Faber-Castell Albrecht Dürer

Paper: Gerstaecker N°3 Aquarell 24x32 cm 200g/m2

Material: Faber-Castell Albrecht Dürer

Effort: about 3 Hours

16953521455_53187d4ecf_o.jpg

(Faber-Castell Albrecht Dürer)

(Pentel Waterbrush)

(Staedtler Retro 0.5 - HB)

(Tombow Mono Zero 2.3mm)

Another great piece.... although I did like the cat just a bit more.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Got a little surprise today! Tomoe River pad!

Penman Sapphire sheen! More than on any other paper so far.

http://kephost.com/images/2015/03/27/fa4f2ef4c582341cb3f04a101ba4a598.jpg

KWZI IRON GALL ORANGE.... :puddle: :puddle: :puddle: :puddle:

Cor . . . !

How do you fill the pen SNAK? You fill the carts direct, or do you have a convertor for it? I have a stainless Indigo. Great little pens. I would love to fill it with some of my bottled ink.

I only ever fill my Lepine pen with a blunt needled syringe. For me it is the cleanest and safest way of refilling the BSB, and when the feed/nib/section needs cleaning I disassemble them and plonk them in the ultrasonic cleaner for a little while. I do have the Kaweco small converter and it fits the Lepine pen too, but for a staining ink like BSB I just reuse the cartridge and when it gets yucky or when the connection point gets too loose I just get another emptied cartridge and start over.