Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us! - 2015

RMN

Is that the new snap cap model? How is it?

Fountain pens forever and forever a hundred years fountain pens, all day long forever, forever a hundred times, over and over Fountain Pen Network Adventures dot com!

- Joe

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SNAK

• tringle

• amberleadavis

• attika89

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is that the new snap cap model? How is it?

Yes, it is. First day of use and i already think FC has another winner here. Its one of the most comfortable pens i own. I am partial to broad nibs, but got the Marietta with a medium steel nib. Another good choice i made, apparently. The nib puts down ink wet and so smoothly. Its early days yet, but this pen could easilt become a prominent member of the "favourites" club.

Edited by perfaddict

I also needed help pronouncing the word.

attachicon.gifIMG_6839.jpg

Attlila - Is there a similar word in Hungarian?

Attila the Hun-garian....

Sorry, couldn't resist.. ;)

Alex

"As many nights endure Without a moon or star So will we endure When one is gone and far "Leonard Cohen, of blessed memory(21/09/1934-7/11/2016)

Attila the Hun-garian....

Sorry, couldn't resist.. ;)

Alex

LOL - I am glad the hyphen is on that space and not another. :unsure:

Whole lotta dots.

http://kephost.com/images/2015/03/18/P1250940.jpg

Not quite sure what would fit it best...

oooh exciting....I love to see your work.

oooh exciting....I love to see your work.

Yes I agree. I am still able to see your photos Attila, and I really do appreciate the change you made so that photos show up for me (and some others).

fpn_1426656623__snak-20150317-4332.jpg

Large bottles are 350ml and small bottle is 30ml.

fpn_1426656659__snak-20150317-4311.jpg

fpn_1426656694__snak-20150317-4312.jpg

Pen: Pilot Elabo Red Resin (Soft Medium) - I call it Elabo rather than Falcon because I bought it in Japan and it was sold to me as an Elabo. I call my Black one Falcon because I bought it from a seller in US.

Ink: Pilot Blue Black

Paper: Tomoe River (white)

Edited by SNAK

My Pilot Vanishing Point Decimo with fine nib and Pilot Blue ink arrived from Japan today! It took 13 days from the time I ordered on Engeika to reach my doorstep.

fpn_1426695899__potd_20150318.jpg

"I need solitary hours at a desk with good paper and a fountain pen like some people need a pill for their health." ~ Orhan Pamuk

Pen: Pilot Elabo Red Resin (Soft Medium) - I call it Elabo rather than Falcon because I bought it in Japan and it was sold to me as an Elabo. I call my Black one Falcon because I bought it from a seller in US.

At least you like the ink! I do like the shading.

That is some gorgeous blue black ink! Unfortunately, I can't seem to find it available in the US. :(

μὴ ζήτει τὰ γινόμενα γίνεσθαι ὡς θέλεις, ἀλλὰ θέλε τὰ γινόμενα ὡς γίνεται

καὶεὐροήσεις. - Epictetus

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Such is my fickle nature, I couldn't even commit to one 350ml bottle. Just as well you like it! And really liking the Elabo Soft Medium. Soft Fines seem to tend to get all the limelight, but that's a really nice-looking line. Oh dear, and I thought I had put my desire for a Falcon/Elabo to bed...

fpn_1426755760__edisontokiwa.jpg

This pic does absolutely nothing for the looks of the pen; it's much more translucent than that.

Finalist, I think you have your first customer for your oblique fountain pen.

He is running to get the first exemplar. :D

Paper: Clairefontaine Dessin 160g/m2 A4

Material: Fountain pen ink

Effort: about 2,5 hours

16674373930_3f70661f8b_o.jpg

Used Tools:

16835894036_83ac277521_o.jpg

(Serwex MB flex EMF ..... ESS Registrars Blue/Black)

(Rohrer & Klingner Glass Dip Pen)

(Pentel Waterbrush)

(Staedtler Retro 0.5 - HB)

(Staedtler Mars Plastic)

(Noodler´s Golden Brown)

(J. Herbin Orange Indien)

(J. Herbin Rose Cyclamen)

(Rohrer & Klingner Leipziger Schwarz)

(Montblanc Oyster Grey)

(P.W. Akkerman Hofkwartier Groen)

Edited by Pterodactylus

He's back . . . !

16654466267_a46f7e35c5_o.jpg

(Pelikan Ibis 130 - EF ..... De Atramentis Steel Blue)

All my filled up journals and unused inks, as well as my meager collection of pens will one day be found by my two sons when I am gone, stashed away in all corners of our house and they can do whatever they want with them. I have a feeling that they may enjoy playing with them, as my older son (8 years old) is proud of his own Pelikano Jr and writes with it, and looks after it well (for a boy of that age). One day my left over inks and pens will serve to be something for my sons to remember their mum by. That's what I hope anyway. :P

Paper: Clairefontaine Dessin 160g/m2 A4

Material: Fountain pen ink

Effort: about 2,5 hours

16674373930_3f70661f8b_o.jpg

Beautiful blend of colours. Run rat (or is he a mouse?), run! And catch that pen!