Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us! - 2015

RMN

This is the new and rejuvenated version of the older topic with the name

Don't just tell us about the pen you're using show us

The above link will teleport uyou back to the last page of that topic.

Enjoy the new topic.

D.ick

Moderator.

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SNAK

• tringle

• amberleadavis

• attika89

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am sooooo excited about this big nib, I prefer the wider nibs nowadays.....seem to have more umpfff! This is a specially ground italic stub from Spain. :)

Oh, please bring that with you to LA. I'd love to fondle your stub nib pen.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Very interesting pen, amberdavis. Could you please tell me the brand and model?

It is a Speedball Auto Level Filler.

I did a review here:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/281473-informal-review-speedball-auto-level-filler-nib-pen/

And no one commented. :crybaby:

It uses any speedball dip pen nib. It's really pretty darn cool.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

And no one commented. :crybaby:

It uses any speedball dip pen nib. It's really pretty darn cool.

People were probably stunned into silence --what a cool pen! Never knew such a thing even existed!

Edited by HalloweenHJB

People were probably stunned into silence --what a cool pen! Never knew such a thing even existed!

Ah... thanks!

I'll bring extra nibs too.

Happy New Year!!!

Bexley Ohio Cities Collection (Batavia) broad nib /Waterman Florida Blue ink

post-118225-0-40505500-1420111402_thumb.jpg

Delta Dolcevita IT Demonstrator with a fine Fusion nib. Using the Delta black ink that came with it.

10540637_10205889093850120_4353587010484

Using the Sheaffer Legacy to start my New Year's Resolutions list. Ink is Diamine Pumpkin.15968149507_9a0150e152_b.jpg

I must say, you are very talented! This is awesome!!!

+1

+2!!!! Love everything about it :)

As FPN has updated the site, we have become very aware that the giant threads are causing server slowdown. So, in the next few days, some of the HUGE threads (like this one) will be broken into smaller parts. Before this one is broken back apart, I will replace the original storyline of the Birds, Bees, and Snowballs. The story was broken out for ease of reading but the break out didn't work that well. Anyway, keep calm and post on.

Don't be worried... instead of one thread with 385 pages, you'll have 4 threads....or more.

The Ents are waking. A storm is brewing over the network, ink will spill and nibs will spring.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

fpn_1399485598__image.jpg

Edited to add: You know it, girlfriend!

attachicon.gifATTACK.jpg

The Ents take no sides.

These are some of the images that you may have missed. You will have to click on the links because I can't make them appear right now.

Okay, it's a no go on the stuff I tried to copy the entire thread or even get the story into a reasonable order.

Petro, the new thread is here:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/266007-the-show-and-tell-wars/?do=findComment&comment=2981305

It seems to work best to take relevant post and then copy it to the new thread. I tested this method with some of your posts. The Red Dragon wasn't posted here (I don't think) but I was able to copy it to the new thread. I can remove posts,but duplicating the post into another thread requires me to individually copy and past the post.

The problem is that that this thread is 257 pages and this post is #7691. I couldn't find the start of the storyline. So, where did the story begin? If we can start from there, we can each take turns copying the posts until the thread is ready.

After giving up trying to look through this thread post by post, I did a search and looked at your posts, (see the search below), but the problem is that bird wars started before May of 2013. December of 2013 has the first Flame Thrower Girl Post, and the Bird Wars predated that by a long time. Also, your posts weren't the only contributions to the storyline.

So, once again, where did it begin?

Pterodactylus's Content

There have been 1000 items by Pterodactylus (Search limited from 04-May 2013)

The bird wars started (innocently) with Line, post #3583 pg 120 followed by Ptero with post #3662, pg 123 and #3721 pg 125. With post 3778, page 126 the story started heating up. If it wasn't so late I'd try to look for more and list them going forward.

These are the infamous Bird Wars. When it became clear that I could not easily get the storyline copied, I stopped moving the posts. No posts were lost in the creation of the other thread.

Delta Dolcevita IT Demonstrator with a fine Fusion nib. Using the Delta black ink that came with it.

10540637_10205889093850120_4353587010484

That looks like a nice diary Cordovian - is it a Rhodia?

That looks like a nice diary Cordovian - is it a Rhodia?

It's an Eccolo agenda I picked up at Marshalls for $5. Not great but not terrible. Edited by Cordovian

fpn_1419969222__p1020003.jpg

That's creative efficiency Bernardo. 4 pens in a 2 pen pouch. :)

I have a 3 pen pouch, but always wished I could carry a 4th pen without going for a 4 pen case which gets too bulky. This gives me a good idea.

Nice Sheaffers BTW.