Acquisitions Plans For 2015 - What's Yours?

claudewick

As previously mentioned, my 2015 plans don't include adding to the total number of pens in my collection, but I would like to dispose of some of my less-used and less-loved pens and use the proceeds to upgrade to some higher-end pens.

Larry

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ______Zaphod_Beeblebrox

• inkstainedruth

• amk

• Barkingpig

I already ordered the two pens I've pondered for a while - a TWSBI 580 Rose Gold with a Pendleton Angel nib and a Pelikan M400 - so my plan is to enjoy what I have and maybe even sell or give away some I don't use.

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

I'm planning on a Pilot Custom 912 with an FA nib. That might be the only pen I buy in 2015, but there's always the possibility of something jumping out of my monitor and grabbing me by the throat until I buy it.

I only bought 10 pens in all of 2014 and five of them were at the DC SuperShow. So that's only five for all the rest of the year.

Edited by sexauerw

Bill Sexauer
http://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/zyNIMDOgTcgMOO/5768697.0/org/p/PCA+++Logo+small.jpghttp://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/zyNIMDOgTcgMOO/5768694.0/org/p/Blk+Pen+Society+Icon.jpghttp://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/TE3TzMUAMMYyNM/8484890.0/300/p/CP04_Black_Legend%2C_Small.jpg
PCA Member since 2006

Wasn't going to buy this year....but I just looked at Pendleton Brown's site, saw the orange TWSBI 580 AL and ordered it. With the broad butter-line stub italic, it's going to be great.

I would surely like the new Pelikan M200 Cafe Creme.

Last year I discovered fountain pens and plunged. So glad I got the Pilot Custom 823, a Pelikan M800 and a couple Edisons. All have custom grinds. Bliss! I also stocked up on Richard Binder grinds.

Wishing you all good Pen-Choosing karma!

No plans to purchase this year. I am in the process of letting go of some pens and probably some inks that just have not gotten much use. I may by a new ink or two and some paper/notebooks, but no plans to pick up any pens t this point.

Jim Couch

Portland, OR

I told myself (rather too long ago) that I would reward myself with an Italix Parson's Essential when I got below 190 pounds. I'm within 5 of that goal right now, so I hope to have it ordered by the end of January.

The next reward (180) is a Lamy 2000 which will also be reached this year - hopefully by the end of March.

I also plan to get a Parker 51. This was actually already purchased last month, but I'm not going to use it until I pass a professional exam I've been studying for (sadly, this probably won't be until June or so).

Final goal: don't set any more goals that have a pen as a reward so as to keep peace in the house <G>.

keo,

From my experience maintenance is harder than loosing. We need occasional maintenance reward pens!

Restraint is my plan for 2015!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

My acquisitions will most likely be few on the pen side: maybe an Esterbrook LJ or J with a nice nib. I might save up for a Grail Waterman, though we'll see how my lowly Leader does once it's sacced. Between two Safaris, a Metropolitan and two Ahabs I'm fairly set for the moment.

Edited to add: Also something delicious from Desiderata Pens; I'm just not sure what yet....

I'm planning on doing some ink branching, though, sampling, then perhaps buying, inks. I know the areas I "should" expand my ink collection, mainly into more expensive brands and the orange and brown families. I suppose I should also get a black ink at some point, if only for mixing, although I find grays much more interesting and compelling.

In terms of paper... I have a dream of trying a Rhodia Webnotebook, as well as a Shinola journal (then we'll know if it's s--- or Shinola :P ), and some Tomoe River and Clairefontaine paper. Maybe those will happen this year. But for now, I'm content with my journals.

Edited by Miz Black Crow

Girl Sam

(It used to be Sammi with a heart drawn over the I, but I stopped because absolutely everyone was doing it)

keo,

From my experience maintenance is harder than loosing. We need occasional maintenance reward pens!

Green Ink-

I hear you about the maintenance! I didn't have it in the list because it's not a "this year" pen, but in my head I'm thinking 5 years staying within, say, 5 pounds of my goal weight is certainly worth a Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze Age Maxi, right? Though I'll probably need all 5 years to convince my bride of that indisputable fact!

I'm planning to sell all my unused pens to fund my one and only 2015 FP pen purchase: a Pelikan M805 Blue Stripe with a F nib tuned for extra flexibility!

Specific pens: I want that Merlin in the faux-tortoise or coconut macaroon or whatever it's called weird colour. I want a Centennial Kullock 51 or a really lurid Kullock 51. I want to fill the gaps in my collection of Kaweco Sport Art, and Rotring Millennium pens. It's a question of finding them if they pop up at the right price.

The main acquisition I have planned is a very large number of sacs. 2015 is the year of the repair!!!!

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

After a hectic 2014 with 30+ acquisitions, this year is going to be cooling off time :-(

Shopping list for '15

Pilot Elite 95s

Pilot Custom 74

Platinum 3776 Bourgogne

& possibly

Fosfor Islander in Rosewood

A lifelong FP user...

After a hectic 2014 with 30+ acquisitions, this year is going to be cooling off time :-(

This is exactly how I feel. 2014 was the year I got into pens and I acquired about 24 in six months. $-$ I am feeling a little burned out now. I have a literati desk pen in the queue with Renee at Scriptorium pens and after that arrives I plan on letting the dust settle a bit before I make plans.

My goal as others have mentioned, is to find out what I want from my hobby and to get some more use out of the pens I already have. Although I too have a weight loss goal/reward pen - a Franklin Christoph No. 2 in smoke and ice when I get down to 165 lbs.

The praise of the praiseworthy is above all rewards.

Hmmm. A Desiderata pen, Franklin Christoph Model 66, and a Pilot Prera in a fine nib.

Edited by apkayle

my plan is to get a couple pens ive been eyeballing, and maybe some pick up some old pens that need work. my biggest goal this year is to get a parker 51.

Cheers

I just ordered a Faber-Castell Ambition in OpArt Saffron at Appointments; I got a Curry from them a few weeks ago, and I love it, so I definitely want another.

I'm waiting on an Edison Glenmont (in mandarin yellow acrylic with black finials) and a clipless Scriptorium Pens Idyll (in "Blue Dreams" acrylic).

I have pre-ordered a Pelikan M805 Stresemann. That has taken the wind out of most of this year's pen budget. I'm going to try and not buy anything else until the Ohio Pen Show.

I also (still) really want a Pilot Custom 823, so I'll find somewhere to work that in.

I'm trying to slim down the number of pens I have inked, and then I can cycle through them more often. I have over 20 inked but tend to focus on five or six of them, so I think nine is a good number... and then the Three Always-Inked pens. This goal isn't really compatible with buying a lot of pens; I hope I can stay safe.

Waiting on my Scriptorium pen to sculpted. No more pens. After this pen, I'm done....yyyyeah right!

"I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

-Fred Allen 1894-1956