Sheaffer 271 Gold Electroplated Set

mitto

Today , after a very long time , I paid a visit , alongwith my family , to the city centre of Rawalpindi ( Pakistan ). We had to do some very essential shopping of household items. Once there I could not resist the temptation to visit the old pen repair shops. So we went to Urdu Bazar where these shops are located. We visited a number of shops ( Student Pen Shop , Nafees Pen Shop and others ) where I found pens other than Sheaffer that I will be sharing with FPN friends in the relevant forums. But in the first very shop we visited and whose name I couldn't read , I found a very very shiny gold set of Sheaffer 271. The engraving on the caps of both the FP and RB says ... GOLD ELECTROPLATED SHEAFFER USA. I have put the dots because there is a very small size engraving before the words GOLD ELECTRO... that , due to my weak eysight , I am unable to read. Perhaps that is something about the gold content but unfortunately I couldnt read it. The same small size engraving is there on the nib also. The set is very clean and shiny with almost no signs of usage. Looks as if it has never been inked. On the lower part of the nib section where the converter is to be fitted to the nipple the numbers 21196 are engraved. I admit my ignorance of the model. Would like friends here to educate me about the pen.

Here are some pictures.

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitto

• Flounder

• Ron Z

• jar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was sad no one was responding. But then did a little search and found that the pen set was diamond cut 23k Gold Electroplated fountain pen (Fashion 271). Thanks for not responding.

post-1530-1204507574.jpg

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

Was sad no one was responding. But then did a little search and found that the pen set was diamond cut 23k Gold Electroplated fountain pen (Fashion 271). Thanks for not responding.

You're welcome.

My Website

You're welcome.

Dear Jar , why has this Forum become so dull? Why no interest by members in queries made by newcomers like myself? Thank you for the consolation.

Khan M. Ilyas

Dear Jar , why has this Forum become so dull? Why no interest by members in queries made by newcomers like myself? Thank you for the consolation.

I didn't respond because I did not recognize the model. I imagine others also did not respond for the same reason. It's not a matter of members not being interested but if there is little knowledge one can provide, posting "I don't know but looks like one of the skinny Sheaffer's" doesn't really help much.

I wish I knew more about all the fountain pens out there yet everyday someone posts a comment about a fountain pen I've never owned, held, used and very often never even seen.

My Website

I didn't respond because I did not recognize the model. I imagine others also did not respond for the same reason. It's not a matter of members not being interested but if there is little knowledge one can provide, posting "I don't know but looks like one of the skinny Sheaffer's" doesn't really help much.

I wish I knew more about all the fountain pens out there yet everyday someone posts a comment about a fountain pen I've never owned, held, used and very often never even seen.

Do I have to agree? Well , as you say then.

Khan M. Ilyas

I would have responded with the correct identification but I haven't been on the board much the past three weeks. We had 24 people at our house for Christmas dinner. Then we've been busy with other holiday activities. And on January 3 our 11th great-grandchild was born. Then we've been taking down the Christmas decorations, we're still not done.

So it's not lack of interest in your post. It's just that I didn't even see your post until today.

The Fashion is an underappreciated pen. I think you'll find that it's a very smooth writer. It's only drawback is that it's so skinny that many people find it tiring to hold for very long.

Edited by sexauerw

Bill Sexauer
http://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/zyNIMDOgTcgMOO/5768697.0/org/p/PCA+++Logo+small.jpghttp://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/zyNIMDOgTcgMOO/5768694.0/org/p/Blk+Pen+Society+Icon.jpghttp://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/TE3TzMUAMMYyNM/8484890.0/300/p/CP04_Black_Legend%2C_Small.jpg
PCA Member since 2006

our 11th great-grandchild was born

You don't look old enough for that!

spacer.png
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.

Old or no old , congrats to Sexauerw on the arrival of the newborn.

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

Jar , It isn't the skinny one. It takes the standard Sheaffer sqweeze converter as shown in the pictures. It is the size of say Sheaffer Sagaris , Prelude and thicker than the 100.

Khan M. Ilyas

You don't look old enough for that!

There are definitely days that I feel old enough!

Bill Sexauer
http://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/zyNIMDOgTcgMOO/5768697.0/org/p/PCA+++Logo+small.jpghttp://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/zyNIMDOgTcgMOO/5768694.0/org/p/Blk+Pen+Society+Icon.jpghttp://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/TE3TzMUAMMYyNM/8484890.0/300/p/CP04_Black_Legend%2C_Small.jpg
PCA Member since 2006

There are definitely days that I feel old enough!

Yeh . Great grand-pa definitely has such days. Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

By an odd coincidence, a Fashion II (full size carts/converters) has popped up here too (minus the clip, I suspect the spring gave way).

What do you mean Flounder dear by " ( minus the clip ...) ". Was it a banter? Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

I mean at some stage in the past, the clip has broken off the pen (both the fountain pen and a rollerball).

Unable to understand. The clip is there. Clearly visible in the pictures. Isn't it?

Khan M. Ilyas

By an odd coincidence, a Fashion II (full size carts/converters) has popped up here [emphasis added] too (minus the clip, I suspect the spring gave way).

Here as in, with me. The ones that have crossed my path are missing their clips.

post-29904-0-31119100-1421493283_thumb.jpg

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review