• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Cob

• inkstainedruth

• FarmBoy

it's already January 2, 2015. Zero fountain pens.

I have plenty of fountain pens. I am not going to buy any more this year.

:lticaptd: Sorry. I can't say it with a straight face.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

No pens so far this year. But The LA Intl Pen Show is a bit over a month away!

Joi - The Way of the Japanese Pen

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3664/3387580367_f8a1a5c1df.jpg

I got into fountain pens in summer 2014 and fell hard. I don't have an official tally but I know I have 8 Pelikans and 10 Noodler's pens, then a bunch others beyond that. For 2015, I'm planning on not buying any pens for a few months; I really want to save up for something nice. Maybe a Nakaya for my birthday in April? Not sure yet.

2014 was my year of obsessiveness. I bought 18 pens and sold 8 and gave one away. Sold 4 cars and bought 4 cars. Bought 3 guns sold 3 guns. Bought 7 bottles of ink gave away 4.

So this year I plan to be thankful for and enjoy what I have and keep buying to a minimum! So far so good, no new pens, cars, guns, ink etc. for 2015. Haven't even been to the grocery store!

Ditto. I'm trying to obsess less over pens this year. But I came pretty close to buying a Pilot Custom 74 and Acme rollerball on the 31st w/ all the great deals out there!! The jury's still out on ink collecting ;)

I'm fairly new to fountain pens - I got my first one at the end of October, beginning of November. Its Jan 2 and I have bought 4 pens since the new year began. A ebonite Konrad, a TWSBI Vac 700, a Pilot Metro, and a Waterman 52 1/2 V Red Ripple with a bit of a flexy nib. Addiction? Maybe. Fun? Absolutely!

Three in 2014...Nothing further...I am done...and this IS done with a straight face.

Edited by FountainPages

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.

Mark Twain

A Nakaya, but ordered in December. This wipes out my pen budget for 2015.

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none. Shakespeare

A brown Skyline missing its nib, a slightly used blue Vanishing Point, a couple of bottles of De Atramentis bottom shelf ink from Goulet, a Moore 83 with a maniflex nib, a Wahl GF ladies pen with a "0" nib, a jade Mabie Todd with a Sheaffer nib, a no name Jade ladies ringtop with a nice soft nib, a Watermans 52 1/2v and a Watermans 12. Yeesh and its only the second.

Sooooo, my final tally for last year was 12. Ten I already mentioned, a handful of calligraphy pens that came in sets so I'm not sure how to count them, two that don't work, so I don't count them, a 78G and a Parker 45. These last two are in the mail, so will probably be both my last pens of last year, and my first pens of this year.

As for 2015 purchases, I've ordered a Platinum Preppy in the new XF nib. So, one. I've also reached out to people about two vintage pens I'd like to purchase, but I haven't heard back. They don't count yet.

I feel like I'm at a turning point in my buying -- I've got a handle on what I like, I have several pens I enjoy switching between and I find practical for working with, so now I'm ready to start the long hunt of finding THE RIGHT vintage pens. :)

Nothing in 2015 yet thank goodness. I am hoping it will be a while. Maybe in March for my birthday......

2014 though? Just fountain pens - the net number is +10. (lost 3 replaced 2 of them)

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

No plans to buy pens this year, bought less than a handful in 2014.

I did, however, lose a pen. Today. A vintage Hardtmuth Studio with a vintage German semi-flex steel nib. I'd been using it (along with a few Nakayas) at one of my favorite cafes, my "local."

Within a half-hour of returning to the apartment, I realized, "Where...?" Called the cafe. It's there.

So there's that.

I am curious about the Pilot Custom 912 with the PO nib, though. That's all. Just wondering. No plans to buy one.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Well, given that it's only January 2, so far the total is none. OTOH, I got an email flyer for iPenstore website in my inbox, and there's something I'm interested in from their Display Model sale, that I'm tempted by.

Not quite into 2015 was a Pilot Metropolitan with a medium nib, which is a pretty nice pen for the money.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

No pens so far this year. But The LA Intl Pen Show is a bit over a month away!

Will we see you there?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I'm currently a slacker, none. But I'm willing to bet I can get to 100 by the end of February.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

No holding off, picked up a P51 vac with a gold filled cap [ with chevron pattern ] with a dent on cap.

Date code 8 on barrel and nib stamped 1946. Cost $26.90 Broke the filler unit pellet cup when cleaning, but that is not a problem I saw a post last year on how some one was repairing them.

I could buy a Duofold black ring top next week for under $20.