What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2015

RMN

The Idyll is an awesome model, and we seem to have had a similar color scheme in mind when we ordered, mine was the one just before yours in the instagram feed. Very cool material you chose and it turned out be a beautiful pen :) I can´t remember seeing that material before seeing your pen, but then again there was a dizzying amount of materials to choose from.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• Thier.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Renee Meeks at Scriptorium Pens has shipped my Idyll, so now I can write about it here. Over the last two days I refreshed Twitter and Instagram over and over, watching the pen get made. I've always liked watching her feeds -- seeing the pens taking shape is fascinating -- but when it's your own pen, it's absolutely enthralling. I can't wait to get this and start writing with it.

Forgot to ask, is it a medium or a large?

Forgot to ask, is it a medium or a large?

A medium. I kind of broke my brain trying to compare the sizes available to sizes I already had and so I'm still not really sure exactly how big it's going to be.

As you said, choosing a material was an amazing thing -- so many different materials are available! This one looked a lot darker in its raw, unfinished form, but I can't be unhappy with how it turned out.

I really liked the silver section ring on your pen -- and it gave me an idea for a future order...

Edited by R. N. Dominick

A medium. I kind of broke my brain trying to compare the sizes available to sizes I already had and so I'm still not really sure exactly how big it's going to be.

As you said, choosing a material was an amazing thing -- so many different materials are available! This one looked a lot darker in its raw, unfinished form, but I can't be unhappy with how it turned out.

I really liked the silver section ring on your pen -- and it gave me an idea for a future order...

Future order...yes, thats something i consider as well. Some of the Italian acrylics looked tempting...

I saw the silver ring on one of the other pens on the scriptorium site, so not my idea either :)

I chose a large. I´m a little worried that i should have chosen the medium, but i wanted a big pen and i´m certainly getting that. Ahh, still at least a week and probably more until it gets here. The waiting is hard.

Another Scriptorium Idyll... :drool:

I was originally going to get an oversize Idyll or Naka-ai style pen, but I also want to use Esterbrook nibs in it. I think they might look too puny with an oversize, so I'm now thinking medium or large. For me, I think picking the size is waayyyy harder than picking out materials (despite there being a near limitless range of options there). I have long fingers and would like a girthier pen, but I also need it to be aesthetically pleasing. ^_^

BUT, I'm still saving for the pen. So definitely nothing in the mail for me over here (unfortunately), after getting my E+M Sketch in the mail today. Whoot!

Another Scriptorium Idyll... :drool:

. For me, I think picking the size is waayyyy harder than picking out materials (despite there being a near limitless range of options there). I have long fingers and would like a girthier pen, but I also need it to be aesthetically pleasing. ^_^

Thats what you say now, but wait until its time to actually make the final choice ;)

Originally i too was thinking about getting it in oversize, glad i did not. It´s really big and it affects the lines of the pen somewhat at least to my eyes. My pen looks a bit chunkier compared to the one thats on its way to R. N Dominick.

Edited by 23Larsen

I notice Renee doesn't have many (any? I didn't see any, but somehow may have glossed over them) oversized pen photos on her site or across social media. Hm.. Now I'm starting to think medium is the way to go. Oh, but how I do want an oversized pen, just because. ;) Maybe just not this first pen.

The materials for which, I am pretty firm on. The pen I'm planning has a honey and bee theme to it, so the colors have been picked accordingly. (Honey Onyx acrylic and Palomino Gold lucite, both from Exotic Blanks. Droooool.) And I located some brass honeybee earrings to use for a roll stopper. Perhaps a section band in brass, too? Still not sure if I want any other furniture on the pen. And the size.. it will stump me until I have the proper funds saved up and sit down to make the order, I'm sure.

(edited to include a word omission)

Edited by TeaHive

I notice Renee doesn't have many (any? I didn't see any, but somehow may have glossed over them) pen photos on her site or across social media. Hm..

There's more than 1200 pictures on her Instagram (@scriptorium_pens) -- I've been following along for months, watching the pens get made.

I see the word "oversized" got left out there. Went back and edited it back in. Oops!

Oh, she has many, many, many pictures. It's almost dizzying! I find myself sitting and staring for long periods, watching the pen-making process and pining away at the thought of mine being made in the near future.

An Aurora 88P landed in my mailbox today. Now I have to wait 8 hours before I can go home and try it out!

A great addition. Have been looking for an 88P for awhile without success. Let us know how you like it.

j1020

Renee Meeks at Scriptorium Pens has shipped my Idyll, so now I can write about it here. Over the last two days I refreshed Twitter and Instagram over and over, watching the pen get made. I've always liked watching her feeds -- seeing the pens taking shape is fascinating -- but when it's your own pen, it's absolutely enthralling. I can't wait to get this and start writing with it.

Congratulations! I enjoyed the series on the making of this pen on Instagram.

Looking forward to my order from Renee, which is still on the queue.

Conway Stewart 479

Conway Stewart 70

Morrison (I also just got a really cool orange hard rubber Morrison that needs some guts)

Edited by gweimer1

I just bought a few old Parkers and my first Sailor 1911 from the classifieds. I'm so excited!

A Stipula Faceted Etruria LE Amber Celluloid from Bryant. I admired an Etruria given a very good review by Wim a few years ago, and finally found one that really spoke to me.