What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2015

RMN

I sent off my terribly scratchy and dry Sailor 1911M to Pendleton a few days ago, so I guess you could say I'm eagerly awaiting him to work his magic and mail it back!

μὴ ζήτει τὰ γινόμενα γίνεσθαι ὡς θέλεις, ἀλλὰ θέλε τὰ γινόμενα ὡς γίνεται

καὶεὐροήσεις. - Epictetus

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Feathers

• RMN

• gweimer1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Twsbi diamond mini in White/Rose gold (I finally caved)
  • Pelikan 400NN in Tortoise
  • Sailor Pro Color 500 in Sakura (still)
  • Click Neo Tulip Demonstrator
  • 2 Serwex pens
  • FPR Guru demonstrator

Today was a good mail day :D

- The poster formerly known as HollyGolightly

Jinhao 159 -- it's been a month and no sign of it. I am really on the edge of my seat here.

Same with my Hero 616.... :crybaby:

Italix Captain's Commission in burgundy with a 1.3 italic & script personalization. I've been eyeing the CC & Parson's Essential on & off. Finally decided which one to jump on.

Hopefully an OMAS bologna that will arrive early today instead of monday

And it did

post-106631-0-84871800-1425183734_thumb.jpg

post-106631-0-44627500-1425183758_thumb.jpg

1970ish MB146

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.

Mark Twain

My Edison Glenmont showed up today, while I was in the middle of DM prep for tomorrow's game. Promptly inked it, took a glamor shot, and went back to prepping. A nice EF nib.

post-677-0-29463100-1425194691_thumb.jpg

Pic by Brian

coronet3.jpg

I'm not really in the $ position right now to be buying pens for myself. I certainly don't Need a new pen.

But then, along came this agent of Satan, a corner crack pen dealer Bsenn to wave this little temptress in front of me ;) (For those of you not familiar, this is a Parker 45 Coronet.)

Ohhhh BLUEEEEE... swoon.

And my choice of any nib width and a factory vintage converter. And for a price I'd be an eedeeit to turn down.

I've already cleaned out one of my Masuyama rounded CI 14k nibs to put into it until I can see Mike again and

get another 14k stock Medium nib ground down.

I think this pen will look nice with Penman Sapphire.

Thanks for thinking of me Bsenn.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Edited by OcalaFlGuy

Pic by Brian

coronet3.jpg

I'm not really in the $ position right now to be buying pens for myself. I certainly don't Need a new pen.

But then, along came this agent of Satan, a corner crack pen dealer Bsenn to wave this little temptress in front of me ;) (For those of you not familiar, this is a Parker 45 Coronet.)

Ohhhh BLUEEEEE... swoon.

And my choice of any nib width and a factory vintage converter. And for a price I'd be an eedeeit to turn down.

I've already cleaned out one of my Masuyama rounded CI 14k nibs to put into it until I can see Mike again and

get another 14k stock Medium nib ground down.

I think this pen will look nice with Penman Sapphire.

Thanks for thinking of me Bsenn.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Oh wow.... no make that WOW..

That's a beauty, Bruce. :puddle: :notworthy1: Please DO enjoy it to the max.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

I feel your joy/pain. I made a stop at Antiques on Second yesterday, based on a recommendation of said corner crack dealer.

No pens on the way, just some brass honeybee earrings, one of which will be made into a rollstopper for the future Scriptorium pen! The other will hang out on my ear. :P

I dare not say how many pens I'm waiting for, but in my defense, they are all fairly budget priced ones because I'm probably not quite ready for anything glorious and venerable.

One purchase is a cheap job lot of 5 Schneider Base seconds, off Ebay, for ink testing purposes.

PORTIA DA COSTA
writing erotica and erotic romance since 1991/

born again fountain pen addict
http://www.portiadacosta.com

Still waitin' on that Baoer -- that's the only thing I don't like about ordering from China, it takes forever for things to get here. But it's hard to complain about the prices... :)

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

--Crow T. Robot, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

My Flickr, if you're interested

Well, I *was* going to be good this week. However, as of now, I am waiting for:

Conway Stewart 36

Esterbrook J transitional

Esterbrook Dollar pen with a FROSTED 9550 nib!

I'd say I got my money's worth from Mr. Pen. I'm used to Russian Post's glacial shipping. My Captain's Commission went from "order processed" to my door in four days. It's got some weight to it, but not too much. The cap actually weighs more than the rest of the pen, so unposted, it's about right. Slick design. Like so many things, the online pics don't do this thing justice.

I do have two complaints. The personalization is shallow enough that you pretty much only see it if the light hits it right. I might have saved a few bucks. Second...I have no idea what ink to put in it. Maybe I'll give Apache Sunset another go.