Ink Recommendation - New Bb After Q'eternity (Noodler's)

Armand.D

So, the ink pouches are 4.01 Euros for 50 ml, that seems like a stellar price. They have a huge selection.

Look at Vis' water resistance test.

Let us know what you buy.

Yes, for the moment i just buyed a sailor BB sample on ebay, i'll let you know about other orders (thank you for all these replies!)

(i can already say that EQ6 is close to q'eternity colour)

Edited by Armand.D

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Armand.D

• Tas

• amberleadavis

• Cyber6

I don't know for you in the uk, but i think that ESSRI have prohibitive shipping costs (19,70£ for me! = 25€..)(samples somewhere ?)

Ha. What goes around comes around. :lol:

The reason I haven't bought the inks from France is the same reason you won't buy the ink from England.

Best of luck.

Oh, one more for you to think about. Really cheap, available EVERYWHERE and a great daily ink.

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_sheaffers_blue_black_swatch.jpg

Edited by Tas

Ha. What goes around comes around. :lol:

The reason I haven't bought the inks from France inks is the same reason you won't buy the ink from England.

Best of luck.

Oh, one more for you to think about. Really cheap, available EVERYWHERE and a great daily ink.

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_sheaffers_blue_black_swatch.jpg

Ok, thanks

Well, on the Artisan Pastellier (50ml), it makes 24€ with 4 pouches (=200ml so a better deal than ESSRI in France).

Noodler's on FPH is expensive..

I'll see later for sailor, the price of L'Artisan is a little "colding" me, so also that's bad that Octopus inks are not available in BB.

(Starry Night is still available?)

Edited by Armand.D

(Starry Night is still available?)

Don't think so... at least not until the unforeseeable future.. There is a stash somewhere, that one day might be put for sale... When?... Your guess is as good as mine.

Sorry for suggesting Noodlers'... I didn't notice your location, I ran with your comment on how your favorite was Noodlers Q'ternity. Both 54th and Ellis Islands are bulletproof and that makes it worth it.

Send me a PM, and I will post you a sample of Ellis, 54th (if you want) and Starry Night. Even if you don't get all of them (or any of them)... next time you have a friend flying to US, you might know exactly what to ask for him to bring over.. ;)

Might I suggest Akkerman #10... I can order easily from the store, so my guess is that you can order from them too.

Tas... you have an Akkerman #10 card?

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Might I suggest Akkerman #10... I can order easily from the store, so my guess is that you can order from them too.

I don't know whether it's an error on their web store or a genuine supply issue, but #10 is the only Akkerman ink you cannot select in the Akkerman web store at present.

I don't know whether it's an error on their web store or a genuine supply issue, but #10 is the only Akkerman ink you cannot select in the Akkerman web store at present.

Oh oh... I remember hearing rumors about dropping the Iron Gall ink from their line up... I hope is only a coincidence and they will re-stock soon. :(

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

WHAT!

My favourite ink - no way :o

Akkerman swatch and my final recommendation for a cheap water resistant all round good egg of an ink - Hero 232 - Super cheap on ebay.

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_hero_232_blue_black_swatch.jpghttp://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_akkerman_10_swatch.jpg

Don't think so... at least not until the unforeseeable future.. There is a stash somewhere, that one day might be put for sale... When?... Your guess is as good as mine.

Sorry for suggesting Noodlers'... I didn't notice your location, I ran with your comment on how your favorite was Noodlers Q'ternity. Both 54th and Ellis Islands are bulletproof and that makes it worth it.

Send me a PM, and I will post you a sample of Ellis, 54th (if you want) and Starry Night. Even if you don't get all of them (or any of them)... next time you have a friend flying to US, you might know exactly what to ask for him to bring over.. ;)

Tas... you have an Akkerman #10 card?

C.

Yes, that's sure that about Noodler's i can use them and then, it's almost like an LE.. But i'm in, thank you ;)

( for akkerman #10 it seems to be out of stock, so it's an other one from them or hero 232/l'artisan pastellier EQ6/Octopus Black = I have to see!)

Edited by Armand.D

To be honest, i have a 36€ ink (and other pen things such as syringes for examples) budget, and i have these three options in mind.

• (L'Artisan pastellier (EQ6 = very good colour, with pouches it makes 24€ for 200ml, so if it's this it's the only purchase)
  • Hero 232 (cheap and seems well behaved : coulour, performances.., 10€ for 60ml)
  • Akkerman (prohibitive shipping.. 29€ for 150ml, #8 is cool but → too expensive) (ESSRI, 25€ for 110ml)

I will test the samples ordered : Sailor Jentle BB (maybe noodler's also)

I can't be sure about l'Artisan, so probably i'll order a bottle of Hero 232 (unless a sample from @Tas?)

But, keep in mind that i use Fine nibs, and that i prefer an effortless flow, so between these (and Octopus

schwartz, even if i don't usually use black) the ink must be more in the wet side i guess, what would be more

adapted ?

(I am open to new recommendations as well)

I will keep you updated from what i do,

Thank you ;)

(and happy new year also btw)

Edited by Armand.D

Happy New Year.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I purchased x1 60ml of Hero 232 (from UK on ebay).

(otherwise it would have been nice to find Blue Merle from Organic studios, but it seems difficult to find in Europe)

Edited by Armand.D

http://www.taskyprianou.com/me_confetti.jpg

Hurrah !

Hope you like it.

I do.

Yeah! I will keep you updated,

I think that it makes a great school combo with a (navy) Parker 45, it will match the pen as well :)

I have also a MB 149 (classic? is finner than usual), and i see it well with Octopus black, this is something to try in the future.

(monaco red in my safari is tempting me also.. TWD is what a great deal!)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, come-back ;)

Impressions (Hero 232) :

.. It's a nice ink (colour), but i still prefer the Noodler's, which is overall a better performer, adapted to my need (FD).

Over the Waterman BB, it is a true BB but it seems way more "chemical",

the smell is almost stronger than the Noodler's and on the hands it feels strange.

The good point of this ink is the price, but I would not buy it again.

From what I have,

Top 3:

1. Noodler's Q'ternity
  2. Waterman BB
  3. Hero 232

To write on horrible copy paper..

I guess that I can buy an additional "cheap" pen (like Preppy) and fill it with Salix or X-feather (more expensive).

My daily writing set : (should be)

1. FPR Triveni Jr (not ordered) → Noodler's Q'ternity
  2. Lamy Safari → Skrip Red
  3. FPR Guru/Dilli VS Jinhao VS Preppy (not ordered) → Salix (not ordered)

Finally I arrive to something more precise :)

Edited by Armand.D