Orange Jinhao 159 On Alibaba.com, Where Can I Purchase Single Item ?

fabian3194

Hello,

There's an orange Jinhao 159 fountain pen for sale on alibaba.com here:

http://qiangu.en.alibaba.com/product/522615743-200212693/fat_fountain_pen.html

The problem is the minimum purchase is 1000 pieces whereas I only want one piece. (The seller has a supply ability of 300000 pieces each month !!)

Would any members here know of alternative methods of purchasing, such as via an indigenous Chinese webportal ?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• k3eax

• I like mango cheesecake

• danieln

• fabian3194

+1!! I'd love both a yellow and an orange, or 5 of each:-). If only Jinhao would remove that tacky shied from the clip, it gives its ROC roots away.

@arts_nibs

+1!! I'd love both a yellow and an orange, or 5 of each:-). If only Jinhao would remove that tacky shied from the clip, it gives its ROC roots away.

You mean PRC roots I think, which is the People's Republic of China. The ROC, the Republic of China, is the island of Taiwan, which China and the United Nations pretend to be not a country. Meanwhile in the real world there is absolutely no reason why it weren't.

Sorry, I always have to give little PSAs about this topic because I live in Taiwan.

You mean PRC roots I think, which is the People's Republic of China. The ROC, the Republic of China, is the island of Taiwan, which China and the United Nations pretend to be not a country. Meanwhile in the real world there is absolutely no reason why it weren't.

Sorry, I always have to give little PSAs about this topic because I live in Taiwan.

That's okay I feel the same way as you.

You will perhaps get a better response to your question if you posted it to the sub-forum meant for Chinese pens.

You can just buy them all and become a FP Retailer. =] Or buy them for your office.

Maybe try here?

http://www.hisnibs.com/chinese_pens.htm

He only has the black 159 (which he renames to dreadnought), and he's charging $35 for a $13 pen. (as with most the Jinhaos, renames them and charges 2x-3x).

Fabian, it would seem that there really is NO orange Jinhao 159. The pen pictured is a black. Perhaps you are confused by the picturing, off to the right, of an orange Jinhao 599.

My, my, methinks I spoke too soon! I scrolled down and discovered that there really is not only an orange but a yellow as well --sorry! And yes, I too want one.

Hello,

Thanks for all for your feedback and curiosity.

So far, I've google image searched to see if there are other instances of this image/pen but it returns the same wholesale vendor on alibaba.com. The wholesale vendor has not responded to my email requesting info of known retailers.

My next step is to ask some of the ebay retailers of the black Jinhao 159 if they're willing to stock the orange and yellow Jinhao 159 for retail.

Attached is an image of the orange Jinhao 159, there's also a yellow version as well.

post-119060-0-87991900-1419721761_thumb.jpg

The orange actually looks pretty good

I wonder if the coating they're using for the orange/yellow holds up as well as the black. I had a 159 for about 6 months before I sold it with a goulet M attached and not once has it ever brassed or scratched below the black layer while I had it, and I didn't exactly baby that pen either compared to some of my other ones.

Wow. I'd buy this in a heartbeat. Hope it shows up somewhere in more reasonable quantities. I love my current 159. It makes it in my rotation as frequently as my much more expensive pens.

Edited by krbmsw

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

— Dr. Seuss

Can we find 1,000 people for a group buy? How about 500 people and everyone takes 2? :P

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

— Dr. Seuss

I've got a response from the Chinese eBay retailer and he says the orange/yellow Jinhao 159 is a 'false item'. He didn't elaborate.

I've communicated with another online pen retailier (they stock the black Jinhao 159) who said they will reach out to the manufacturer. We'll wait and see if it's something genuine that they can get hold of.

I'll update this thread either way.

Can we find 1,000 people for a group buy? How about 500 people and everyone takes 2? :P

If it's legit I will take a few.

I've got a response from the Chinese eBay retailer and he says the orange/yellow Jinhao 159 is a 'false item'. He didn't elaborate.

I've communicated with another online pen retailier (they stock the black Jinhao 159) who said they will reach out to the manufacturer. We'll wait and see if it's something genuine that they can get hold of.

I'll update this thread either way.

Thanks for the news. Can there be such thing as a fake Jinhao? That would be rather fantastic.

One member stripped down all the black paint and polished up the metal to make it look like a silver pen.

I'd like an orange 159 but only the body. With a black cap it would look even better!

Not sure if it is a real Jinhao (even though it says it is in description), the shield does not have the little chariot, and the cap band does not seem to have any writing. Would love to see what nib it has in it. Wonder whay he means by "false item"?