What Is Your "grail Pen"?

kharrisma

A Pelikan Toledo is my grail pen...

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WetNoodle

• ______Zaphod_Beeblebrox

• fountainpagan

• Algester

Yard o Led Viceroy Victorian Standard. I've wanted one since I first saw a photo of one a couple of years ago (I think the thread was called "Show Us Your Silver Pens"). Just drop dead gorgeous. Don't remember whose it was -- might have been Pakman's. But to afford one I'd probably have to not buy any other pens next year. And probably the year after that....

After that would be a Parker Vacumatic Shadow Wave in burgundy or green. And still trying to get an Emerald Pearl Vac -- every time I think I've got locked in on one I get distracted by something else (most recently by a brown Shadow Wave).

I have to say though, I've been pretty lucky in achieving other "grails" -- Parker 51 in Plum, a Sheaffer Snorkel, a Pelikan Brown Tortoise (the M400 I got on Ebay is *still* my most expensive pen, but also one of my favorites -- and has possibly the best nib of the bunch.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

This is mine, although only once I am qualified enough to own it :-)

http://i58.tinypic.com/in8k9j.jpg

Got it in November at the Ohio Pen Show. Montblanc Alexander Dumas:

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k526/stylobug33/Pens%202014/IMG_1144_zpsfec23d1b.jpg

God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind, I will never die.

-Bill Waterson

Qualified as in "a PhD" or as in better penmanship worthy of such a fine pen?

I think that would probably be as in "M.D."

I don't think Mont Blanc offers a Doctor in Philosophy Pen.

I wish they offered one with the greek letter Psy (Ψ)

I take that back. If they did offer one, I would find myself struggling to find the cash to buy one.

Never argue with drunks or crazy people.

Qualified as in "a PhD" or as in better penmanship worthy of such a fine pen?

DPsych (Doctor of Psychology - in the US it's a Psy.D) But as my speciality is Health Psychology the Rod of Asclepius is apt :-)

To ink... Montblanc Leonardo LE 3000... Which I already have. To collect and just look at how beautiful it is... MB Leonardo LE of 8 Skeleton. I am afraid I would never have the courage to ink such a pen.

Edited to correct the edition on the pen. 74 of them were made.

Edited by Hector67

These 2 were/are my grail pens. Both M600's.

http://i.imgur.com/4oir7bG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LMhQ1gO.jpg

Edited by maverick777

At first it was a vintage flex but then the Visconti Homo Sapiens came out. I drooled over it then went to hold it in the shop. It's too light and tiny (I have since learned they come in different sizes?).

So I didn't get that and instead started drooling over a Pelikan Souveran M1000. But then I noticed that the barrel seems to stick out a bit over the end cap? Is that just me? I don't like it as much anymore.

So now I'm drooling over oversized Waterman's vintage Flex pens worth north of 3000 bucks I'll never have.

A more accessible one would probably be the Pilot Justus 95. I really like the falcon. It's about 300 bucks but knowing the B&M stores around here they'll probably charge 450 if they carry it at all. I know a B&M store with an online shop that has it for 300 euros, might have to order from them. But I can't justify a 300 bucks purchase any time soon :(

Maybe the Pelikan one day after all. Because that nib is worthy of a lion's paw.

>8[ This is a grumpy. Get it? Grumpy smiley? Huehue >8[

I tend to ramble and write wallotexts. I do that.

I very much like the Pelikan M1000 Raden Sunlight. That would be my grail pen.

fpn_1419245633__m-1000-raden-sunlight.pn

Edited by thoppen

Best regards, Tim

Thoppen, I love how you tried to philosophize in your first post, but then corrected yourself and posted your actual grail pen! Excellent.

"I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

-Fred Allen 1894-1956