Boheme Platinum Line Size

Dr. Eriko

Hello.

Please excuse my stupid question, but I found one Boheme Platinum line, without stone on the clip, but seller said it is eleven (11) cm, and I tought the Boheme without stone is the same size as the MB 149.

The seller shows the Boheme with retractible nib, and cap without stone, but I am not sure about this model in the small size of eleven centimeters.

Please somebody share knowledge about this Boheme.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Please excuse my poor english, but it is not my mothern language and maybe it is wrong my grammar. Any Suggestions are welcome.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael R.

• Dr. Eriko

• Mister Mont Blanc

• JLS1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is a design without a stone which came in the regular (=small) size and maybe also in the medium size (non-retractable nib) and not only Big size.

Cheers

Michael

Thank you Michael, i did not know the Boheme FP was made in small size without stone. Damn, I bought that pen and I do not like the small sized Boheme.

I have to wait until I can put it near my old reliable 146 to compare sizes.

Thank you again.

Edited by Dr. Eriko

Please excuse my poor english, but it is not my mothern language and maybe it is wrong my grammar. Any Suggestions are welcome.

Thank you Michael, i did not know the Boheme FP was made in small size without stone. Damn, I bought that pen and I do not like the small sized Boheme.

I have to wait until I can put it near my old reliable 146 to compare sizes.

Thank you again.

Don't forget - the Boheme is meant to be used posted, so the posted cap does extend the length of the pen longer than you'd expect. In terms of diameter, I'm not sure whether the Boheme is closer to a 144 or a 146...it's certainly not a 149, though. :(

EDIT: Forgot to mention that there is an XL Boheme for sale on the Classifieds here. Personally, I think the pen is overpriced since I've seen them go for $500-550 when they come up on eBay, but YMMV...

Edited by JLS1

I keep hearing about the medium size Boheme. Does anyone know what the dimensions are of the medium?

Gnothi Seauton

I don't have mine with me but here is a comparison shot I did some time ago (the Vert with the green stone is the Mid-Size):

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Montblanc/Bohemes.jpg

The diameter of the barrel is the same as on the regular (small) Bohème but the barrel and cap are longer so a converter and fixed nib will fit.

Cheers

Michael

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Montblanc/Boheme.jpghttp://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Montblanc/Bohemeopen.jpg

Here you'll find another good comparison image:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/136810-boheme-pictures-please/?p=1365905

Cheers

Michael

I'm not familiar with the Boheme series. I noticed the right most is one that my sister has, it is a one cartridge fountain pen. I never seen a larger boheme like on the right. Strictly speaking, I quite like the design but MB website describe it as a design for ladies?

Edited by OngL

I've run into the same problem you have! I'm always on the hunt for a Big Boheme and the best way to spot it is the stoneless clip. But I learned quickly that the big Boheme always had a stoneless clip but all stoneless clips aren't big Bohemes. I try to see the nib, the big one will have a 18k gold nib while any smaller models will have a 14k gold nib. I, too, prefer the thicker pens but love the Boheme and may just try a small one (that has more flair to it!) to see if it's manageable.

I keep thinking about selling some of my pens but all that happens is I keep acquiring more!

I'm not familiar with the Boheme series. I noticed the right most is one that my sister has, it is a one cartridge fountain pen. I never seen a larger boheme like on the right. Strictly speaking, I quite like the design but MB website describe it as a design for ladies?

I wouldn't say it's strictly for ladies - as someone who likes gadgets, I like the Boheme for its retractable nib. That said, I do think it's probably better for people with smaller hands/prefer smaller pens.

I've run into the same problem you have! I'm always on the hunt for a Big Boheme and the best way to spot it is the stoneless clip. But I learned quickly that the big Boheme always had a stoneless clip but all stoneless clips aren't big Bohemes. I try to see the nib, the big one will have a 18k gold nib while any smaller models will have a 14k gold nib. I, too, prefer the thicker pens but love the Boheme and may just try a small one (that has more flair to it!) to see if it's manageable.

Sometimes the nib is hard to see, so one other giveaway is the length - the big Boheme is about 5 1/3"(?) long.

I liked the retractable nibs too, hence a heritage 1912 for me.

I wouldn't say it's strictly for ladies - as someone who likes gadgets, I like the Boheme for its retractable nib. That said, I do think it's probably better for people with smaller hands/prefer smaller pens.

Sometimes the nib is hard to see, so one other giveaway is the length - the big Boheme is about 5 1/3"(?) long.

Well, finally I received the Boheme, and it is "stoneless" but in small size, with retractable nib.

In the pictures you can compare with the MB 114 Mozart, and with the MB Boheme "fixed nib" mid-size.

Still looking for the Big size Boheme retractable nib.

Regards,

post-72453-0-47196600-1419825915_thumb.jpg

post-72453-0-45050300-1419825946_thumb.jpg

I don't have mine with me but here is a comparison shot I did some time ago (the Vert with the green stone is the Mid-Size):

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Montblanc/Bohemes.jpg

The diameter of the barrel is the same as on the regular (small) Bohème but the barrel and cap are longer so a converter and fixed nib will fit.

Cheers

Michael

Michael , is that boheme on the bottom an amethyst stone, is it cart or retractible nib?

Thxs

Retired and trying to use FP more to write with

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Strictly speaking, I quite like the design but MB website describe it as a design for ladies?

Unsure weather it was designed for ladies but I am secure in my manhood enough that I have one! To me I prefer pens with more "fluff" as some would say. I bought a Boheme Pirouette Lilas version. Not only is it a beautiful pen, it's small size allows me to toss in in my front pocket and carry it anywhere.

It is the pen on the far right.

Unsure weather it was designed for ladies but I am secure in my manhood enough that I have one! To me I prefer pens with more "fluff" as some would say. I bought a Boheme Pirouette Lilas version. Not only is it a beautiful pen, it's small size allows me to toss in in my front pocket and carry it anywhere. image.jpg

It is the pen on the far right.

Very nice line up and wonderful version of the Bohème!

I notice your wide selection of sizes there. How do you compare the Bohème section to the Classique and Legrand? Is it as thick as the Legrand? Or thicker/thinner?

I keep thinking about selling some of my pens but all that happens is I keep acquiring more!

Michael , is that boheme on the bottom an amethyst stone, is it cart or retractible nib?

Thxs

I believe it is actually the black/Onyx stone version but I could be wrong and yes, it is retractable using cartridges only.

Yes, onyx (black stone); it's th first edition Noir & Noir run and standard (= small size).

I've seen a black resin Boheme with amethyst and silver trim only once in an auction. Most likely clip or stone have been exchanged from a different version.

Cheers

Michael

Very nice line up and wonderful version of the Bohème!

I notice your wide selection of sizes there. How do you compare the Bohème section to the Classique and Legrand? Is it as thick as the Legrand? Or thicker/thinner?

Buy looking at the pens these seem quite different in size, OD of the barrels. And they certainly are, however when it comes to the section at the nib they all are tapered to about the same, I did not pull out my calipers but by feel I could not tell a big difference personally.

Hope this helps.

• 10 months later...

Sorry to resurrect an old topic.

What year were the stoneless smaller platinum/ resin 14K Bohemes produced please?

Many thanks if anyone can help.

1950s Silver Rings, 1962 and 1985 Montblanc 149, Montblanc III a, 136, 234,5 252, 342, 344, plus some modern too....