Noodler’S Neponset - Acrylic Marbled Marijuana

akafridi3

Noodler’s Neponset - Acrylic Marbled Marianas

Appearance: This is a BIG pen, slightly longer than the Jinhao 159, which is comparable in size to the Montblanc 149, but the noodler’s has slightly less girth and weight. It has a beautiful blue acrylic that reminds me of the Caribbean Waves, with a very cool pearlesence to it.

Writing Experience: Music nib is pretty awesome. It is smooth with good flow. You can get a good amount of flex from this pen. Flexing does require some pressure, so it is not like a vintage flex in that sense. But nonetheless, it is a great modern flex nib. It is cool to see the shading of inks you can get out with this nib.

Filling Mechanism: I love this filling mechanism, it functions like a syringe. Quick and easy to use. The Noodler's Ahab has the same filling mechanism.

Price: $75 is a pretty good deal in my opinion, for you are paying for a music flex nib, a cool acrylic, and a good filling mechanism.

Overall: Great value in my opinion. One of the better modern flex nibs there are. Filling mechanism is great. I like the look of the pen. Can’t really complain about anything. People who likes smaller pens might have some trouble adapting to this pen because it is HUGE!

Youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gGYzYenFTw&feature=youtu.be

post-107097-0-12425100-1418954878_thumb.jpg

post-107097-0-56441900-1418954911_thumb.jpg

post-107097-0-71438900-1418954941_thumb.jpg

post-107097-0-72115700-1418954970_thumb.jpg

Edited by akafridi3

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• King Tubby

• Asian8640

• pelman

• episkey

I want one of these so badly. Thanks fir the review.

Fountain pens forever and forever a hundred years fountain pens, all day long forever, forever a hundred times, over and over Fountain Pen Network Adventures dot com!

- Joe

• 3 months later...

I can't find this color anywhere. And marijuana is green not blue. isn't it? Why is it called marbled marijuana?

Nice review though.

I need to go get some cookies....

I've considered this pen for a whlie now... I didn't realize how big it was though! Since I do have small hands, that is something for me to consider before buying the pen. Thanks for the review, and LOL on the title.

• 4 weeks later...

I looked at these at a pen show last year, but I think they're too big a pen for me ( have smallish hands). Which is annoying because the music nib seems really sweet.

Had a good laugh over the auto-correct for the header, BTW....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I got my Neponset a couple of days ago (Red Rebellion, ebonite). So far it has been a mild disappointment. The pen is big and pretty, and the feed keeps really well with flexing. However, the nib is just blah. Mine is not scratchy, but it takes a lot of effort to flex it (more than either the Ahab or the Creaper), and it feels more difficult to control the line variation than with the other two. Without flex, it writes just like an ordinary, inexpensive fine-medium steel nib.