Decisions, Decisions, Ink It, Trade It Or Sell It.

KBeezie

Looking at my currently uninked pens and familiar question pops up again.

:P I *want* to ink em all... but that's not happening.

http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/uninked_dec2014.jpg

Currently I got 5 inked:

• Montblanc 225 (70s), 14K Platinum coated nib that writes like a Japanese (Platinum) EF, Noodler's Black Eel
  • Pilot Long Murex (Oct 1978), Integrated Stainless Steel <F> (But writes like an EF), Noodler's Blue Steel
  • Parker Vacumatic (1940) Gold-Pearled, 14K EF~F Arrow Nib (western sizing), Iroshizuku Syo-ro
  • Skinny Unbranded BCHR Eye-Dropper (maybe 1910 or earlier, no way to know for sure), slip on clip, push on cap, 14K Warranted nib off some 30s pen (Western EF~F), Diamine Imperial Blue
  • (1935 NOS) Unbranded Bakelite Pen with Ebonite Section/Feed, and Cork Piston, Edel Steel Flex Nib (~F stub up to BB), Diamine Syrah

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KBeezie

• Brotzmann

• inkstainedruth

• dneal

Well... I do like your lovely monteverde invincia, which looks like a blackhawk edition.. (i'm a sucker for monteverdes..)

I recommend you keep them all, sell them in the future with a elevated appreciating value price ^-^

-C.D

P.S: if you don't want em', I'm open to adopting a family of pens :P

Favorite Ink and Pen Combinations:

Monteverde Jewelria in Fine with Noodlers Liberty's Elysium

Jinhao x450 with a Goulet X-Fine Nib with Noodlers Liberty's Elysium

Lamy Al-Star BlueGreen in Extra Fine with Parker Quink Black

Pilot Metropolitan in Medium with Parker Quink Black

"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti."

- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Well... I do like your lovely monteverde invincia, which looks like a blackhawk edition.. (i'm a sucker for monteverdes..)

I recommend you keep them all, sell them in the future with a elevated appreciating value price ^-^

-C.D

P.S: if you don't want em', I'm open to adopting a family of pens :P

Nighthawk, 1st version (with the thicker carbon fiber weave and lack of most MV branding). After only a month of having it, it started to brass heavily around the section as well as some paint chipping on the cap and barrel. I paired it with a Bexley Fine nib that also lost most of it's plating to give it kind of a "matching" look.

http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/nighthawk/bexleynib.jpg

It has a bit less plating on the nib than shown above, basically mostly silver color now but with the lettering and engraving with a gold shimmer. And the brassing on the section looks a little worse than it shows in the picture.

Kind of one of those pens I thought about selling before, but figured it'd be more valuable to keep because it'd be hard to sell it for much especially since when they finally closed out on the nighthawks they were selling for 75, and with all the brassing that happened just after a month it'd be price so low that It'd be better to keep.

With the nighthawk I'll probably wait til spring then stick either the Masuyama Needlepoint #6 onto it, or stick the F-C 1.9 music nib on it. (spring because then the metal section won't be so annoying like it would in the winter).

It will probably be the last Monteverde I own.

Edited by KBeezie

I'll trade you a few of my pens for the Murex, then you'd have even more decisions!

Just got that recently.

Traded this sailor pen:

http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/sailor_star/uncapped2.jpg

For this

http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/murex/full.jpg

It's no M90 or 701, but I think it's a pretty nice specimen of their MYU/Murex pens. My primary EDC in the coat pocket.

I do want to get another Pelikan though, like maybe an older vintage 400 in Tortoise. Just a matter of... what do I want to give up for it?

Edited by KBeezie

Please can I be first in the queue if you ever decide to sell your Parker Ellipse. :)

I've actually been debating selling or trading it, it's not pristine condition (has some chips in like 3 places on the paint, hardly noticeable til you start scoping it in your hands). It's kind of a cool pen, but I don't see myself using it that much in the future. I even nick-named it Kraken, as it looks like some kind of squid tentacle on the clip.

:P I suppose you could always make an offer, never hurts to ask.

http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/parker/ellipse/full.jpg

Should probably list them out:

In the blue pen wrap:

• Lamy 2000, 14K EF
  • Monteverde Invincia Deluxe Nighthawk (v1), Bexley Steel Fine
  • Platinum PTL-10000 Red, 18K Medium
  • Pelikan M250 ('92-96), 14K Medium and Steel 1.0
  • Taccia Momenta (Marine Waves), IPG Steel Medium
Outside the Tray is a Pilot Petit1

In the Tray:

• Sheaffer Tuckaway Valiant Vac-Fill (fully restored, 1945-47), Gold/Brown Striated, 14K 2-tone Medium Triumph Nib
  • Sheaffer Touchdown Admiral (50-51), Evergreen Green, 14K 2-tone Feathertouch Accounting/Needlepoint Nib
  • Pilot Elite (March 11th 1970), 18K Soft Fine
  • Pilot Elite (March 24th 1971), 18K Posting (pending a trade from earlier)
  • Parker 45CT (early 60s), Grey, 14K Fine w/ Springiness
  • Parker Ellipse (2000-2002), Blue, 18K Fine
  • Unbranded BCHR lever pen (moore L92 design, maybe 1910-1920), 14K Warranted Nib with flex
  • Eversharp Skyline Demi (Fully Restored, 40s), Army-Navy color (red/green cap, navy blue body), 14K wet fine
  • Eversharp Skyline Standard (Self-Restored, 40s), Black with 1/10 Gold Filled Cap, 14K Medium~Broad with flex (pending possible trade)
  • Eversharp Skyline Yellow Cab Edition (1995), Yellow, 14K Broad

It's no M90 or 701, but I think it's a pretty nice specimen of their MYU/Murex pens. My primary EDC in the coat pocket.

I do want to get another Pelikan though, like maybe an older vintage 400 in Tortoise. Just a matter of... what do I want to give up for it?

Yeah, the last 6 months or so I've wanted 2 pens. I just ordered my Nakaya which I'll probably be lucky to see in the next months. The other one is the Murex.

Too bad, I have a Pelikan 120, vintage 100 (30s-ish), and a C/C Pelikan P-20 with really 80's graphics. No Pelikan 400 though...

Hey I just noticed, I live near Muskegon only about 1 hr from GR.

fpn_1386003453__keroro_mad.gifであります!

Yeah, the last 6 months or so I've wanted 2 pens. I just ordered my Nakaya which I'll probably be lucky to see in the next months. The other one is the Murex.

Too bad, I have a Pelikan 120, vintage 100 (30s-ish), and a C/C Pelikan P-20 with really 80's graphics. No Pelikan 400 though...

Hey I just noticed, I live near Muskegon only about 1 hr from GR.

I don't have a "grail pen" per se, but the Murex was one of the pens I sought to acquire early on when I first started getting into fountain pens, there's just a cool-factor to it.

:P My ex-wife and my 3 boys live in Muskegon near Wolf Lake.

I guess if you're ever in GR can meet up somewhere, will let you stroke the murex... just gotta figure out how much to charge per minute.

I don't have a "grail pen" per se, but the Murex was one of the pens I sought to acquire early on when I first started getting into fountain pens, there's just a cool-factor to it.

:P My ex-wife and my 3 boys live in Muskegon near Wolf Lake.

I guess if you're ever in GR can meet up somewhere, will let you stroke the murex... just gotta figure out how much to charge per minute.

Ha, nice!

By the way what does "dearimasu" mean in your sig with Sargent Frog?

It's pretty much what Keroro ends every sentence with in the original Japanese Manga and Anime.

It's old Japanese military language pretty much meaning Reporting. Soldiers say this when reporting to superiors. "Keroro Gunsou de arimasu" translates to "Sgt. Frog reporting for duty".

I don't think I have anything nice enough to trade. At least not that I'd want to part with at the moment. But I'd consider tendering an offer on the P45 (depending on whether it had the original squeeze converter) -- so, PM me on that if you decide you want someone to take it off your hands and give it a new home.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

If you really do not need to sell the pens, I would keep them. You do have a few nice pens that many of us would like, and would probably be hard to replace if you did sell them. I find my attention comes and goes, so in a few months you may change your feeling and want them.

Personally, I have trouble bringing myself to sell any of my pens. And I don't know why. My wife probably wants me to sell a LOT of the "stuff" that I have.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Hrm just remembered I also have a Faber-Castell BASIC in Leather, not shown above because I have it stored in it's original box in my ink tote. Doh. I guess if I forgot about it, then it's probably a sign that one is safe to sell next.

If you really do not need to sell the pens, I would keep them. You do have a few nice pens that many of us would like, and would probably be hard to replace if you did sell them. I find my attention comes and goes, so in a few months you may change your feeling and want them.

Personally, I have trouble bringing myself to sell any of my pens. And I don't know why. My wife probably wants me to sell a LOT of the "stuff" that I have.

Right now it was bordering kind of on a 'need', as I have some bills lined up for January, I already sold about 3 pens recently that takes care of the crucial stuff upcoming, anything else would primarily be for handling the $200 or so in books for next semester, but I can *probably* hold off on that since I should be getting financial aid (only doing pel grant, not messing with loans) around the 2nd confirmation, depending on how soon exactly the classes want to use the books.

Chances are I would probably sell off most of my modern pens before I started eating into some of the vintage groups.

Also while it doesn't help the matter I got three ebay packages coming my way (but with the intent of fixing up and polishing at least two of the three and reselling correctly labeled).

Edited by KBeezie

Ladies and gentlemen.

May I remind you that the pros and cons of selling or not, and which, can certainly be discussed, but offerings to buy them, or asking for offers is trading, and that is forbidden on the forums.

If this topic would derange into trading we would be forced to remove the topic, which would be a shame.

Thank you

D.ick

Moderator.

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~